To be real, I think Chungha has declined in musical quality

• To be completely honest, I agree with you Op. Her recent music has been kind of lackluster, and really underwhelming. I’m not a fan of bicycle, and stay the night was okay. I admire the fact that she’s trying to be versatile and everything, but I just don’t think some of the concepts she’s went for has suited her. I love Chungha, and I’ve been a fan of hers ever since I.O.I, but her newer songs haven’t been it for me.

• Her Songs are very stereotypical. Its almost a median representation of the genres that the songs target. She is not playing into her reputation for impeccable dance either, compounding her case. I almost wish chungha did something so out of left field like an EDM-Opera hybrid or even some wacky rock-pop ultimate dance beat or just something that sticks out. Bicycle as a power song? Hwasa can wipe the board with that. Play as a cuter song? Basically all the cute-concept kpop groups got that in spades. Dream of you as a risque song? Western pop has been doing that since forever. I still stan chungha and hope she can make it internationally with Demente but still that's still just another song in the latin music world.

I also notice a lot of superfluous things in her products that she spends a lot of effort into, but the one that stands out the most is the flip in Bicycle. Obscured by the choreo, gets a split second in the MV and doesn't even stand out in the Studio Choom video. The only place where its prominently displayed is the Dance Practice video.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chungha. Her relationship with her dancers is so precious, as well as her high dynamic intelligence that basically allowed her to perform at peak since her debut. She is running out of steam and it hurts to see such a bright flame start to smoulder.

2481 A0C9 A0A0 - E8D4 C0FC 606F

606F 00F0 B0E5 - C0FC 287D 00F0

0055 88EE C06A - 4874 C065 4821

• Her Songs are very stereotypical. Its almost a median representation of the genres that the songs target. She is not playing into her reputation for impeccable dance either, compounding her case. I almost wish chungha did something so out of left field like an EDM-Opera hybrid or even some wacky rock-pop ultimate dance beat or just something that sticks out. Bicycle as a power song? Hwasa can wipe the board with that. Play as a cuter song? Basically all the cute-concept kpop groups got that in spades. Dream of you as a risque song? Western pop has been doing that since forever. I still stan chungha and hope she can make it internationally with Demente but still that's still just another song in the latin music world.

I also notice a lot of superfluous things in her products that she spends a lot of effort into, but the one that stands out the most is the flip in Bicycle. Obscured by the choreo, gets a split second in the MV and doesn't even stand out in the Studio Choom video. The only place where its prominently displayed is the Dance Practice video.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chungha. Her relationship with her dancers is so precious, as well as her high dynamic intelligence that basically allowed her to perform at peak since her debut. She is running out of steam and it hurts to see such a bright flame start to smoulder.

Good post and you make some insightful points.

She seems to be becoming less original and is more representing genres instead of doing her own thing. While she is able to pull off those concepts quite well, it's totally different than being herself.

(¯´☆✭.¸_)¤ 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 ¤(_¸.✭☆´¯)

𝑱𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑲𝒑𝒐𝒑 𝑴𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒄𝒉

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!