Is blackpink the no.1 girl group of 3rd gen?

• Fifth Harmony

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• interesting I'm not familiar with pre-3rd gen groups so I'll trust your opinions here. okay then you've convince me that twice and BP are more than half way into their careers lol

What was my original point? ^^

Lol my point is, sometimes even brand value becomes useless once a contract expires. A group's existence and activities is limited to their contract. So once a contract is up, it usually, for the most part, means the group's career has come to an end. Which is why I'm saying since Twice is already reaching their 6th year, it is fair to say they've made it past half of their time. Since the 7th year mark may be their very last year. Even if they renew, it'll only be for 2 or 3 more years max; since no girl group has made it past 10 years. With the exception of Brown Eyed Girls, a group that has been together since 2006 and still together til this day (but they also be having 3 years hiatuses). So even if Twice becomes a 10 year group and their disband date is postponed to 2025, they are still pretty much past half way. BOTTOM LINE: they've passed their half time, a girl group's career span is LIMITED! ;(

• Lol my point is, sometimes even brand value becomes useless once a contract expires. A group's existence and activities is limited to their contract. So once a contract is up, it usually, for the most part, means the group's career has come to an end. Which is why I'm saying since Twice is already reaching their 6th year, it is fair to say they've made it past half of their time. Since the 7th year mark may be their very last year. Even if they renew, it'll only be be for 2 or 3 more years max, since no girl group has made it past 10 years, other than Brown Eyed Girls (from 2006-til now, and they have 3 years hiatuses). So even if Twice becomes a 10 year group and they disband in 2025, they are still currently past their half time.

hmmm...interesting going by precedent I would have to agree then there are no many GG which have survived certainly none from the 1st gen and not many from the 2nd gen.

see I like this we can have nice conversation without it becoming a cesspool of shit.

BTW since you seem to know a bit - when did you get into kpop?

• Fifth Harmony

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Boomer let it go they are even more gone than izone

• Blinks so desperate for approval and keep making threads.

Just cause they are threatened by a GG who literally sold 700K less albums.

Twice is more popular in a few countries and that is okay. Korea and Japan shouldn't matter that much to y'all.

Stream TWICE I CAN'T STOP ME and chill luv.

• Blinks so desperate for approval and keep making threads.

Just cause they are threatened by a GG who literally sold 700K less albums.

Twice is more popular in a few countries and that is okay. Korea and Japan shouldn't matter that much to y'all.

Stream TWICE I CAN'T STOP ME and chill luv.

i usually dont agree with onces except this once

its kinda embarassing how many threads ive seen

• I don’t think people expected BLACKPINK to achieve this much popularity and wrote them off as supposedly staying always second and never first. It’s like we’re in this weird space where technically TWICE sold more (they had way more releases) but on average BLACKPINK is technically doing better in most avenues. On top of that, it’s not like BP’s popularity is stagnant. They’re only continuing to get more popular. I think it also has a lot to do with this generation shift that isn’t quite as apparent as people like to believe because BP is performing better than supposedly 4th Gen groups (who honestly didn’t debut that long after BP).

• I don’t think people expected BLACKPINK to be this popular. It’s like we’re in this weird space where technically TWICE sold more (they had way more releases) but on average BLACKPINK is technically doing better in most avenues. On top of that, it’s not like BP’s popularity is stagnant. They’re only continuing to get more popular. I think it also has a lot to do with this generation shift that isn’t quite as apparent as people like to believe because BP is performing better than supposedly 4th Gen groups (which quite honestly didn’t debut that long after BP).

Are you really sure BlackPink is going to get more popular, is going to get more fans? Because fans are dropping the boatloads if they keep releasing all these trash singles.

• Are you really sure BlackPink is going to get more popular, is going to get more fans? Because fans are dropping the boatloads if they keep releasing all these trash singles.

I guess people aren’t getting the memo that the singles are trash. Maybe next time.

External Content twitter.com

• I guess people aren’t getting the memo that the singles are trash. Maybe next time.

Don't worry about it, I'm telling you they are. Just trust me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!