What are emotions or thoughts not many people openly talk about, but a lot have?

• No matter how I think about it, holding grudges or loneliness is the top

I see too many people from my university facebook talking about how lonely and isolated they are on campus, but when you go on campus, you'll feel that everyone is content except for you because everyone appears to be smiling, and it's even worse at shopping centres imo, it's really like every single person is fine except for you

Holding a grudge is the same, I'm sure many people can't move on from things that happened in the past due to anger or being stuck due to lack of closure, but many will force the positive thought of forgive but never forget or what's in the past is in the past ~ I've yet to meet a sincere person who genuinely talks about how some people or experiences really made them feel (People just call me too intense when I speak about my own grudges) :pepe-peek:

All it would take for someone to snap is so little compared to how much they try to hide how they feel or the person they are. Idk it's sad to me that humans can be aware many around them or in the world feel alone too, yet it doesn't make them feel any more connected or comforted :borahae: I'm curious what people think about this question, since I feel like all anyone does irl is safe small talk :merongk:

• Maybe loneliness but not sure about grudges. I don’t hold grudges. Never have. If you don’t like a person that’s fine. Avoid them. Dislike them. No problem. But to hold a grudge against a person you like and want to be around... get over it or decide that you don’t wanna have contact with them anymore.

• I'm not really about either, I don't really get lonely as I'm quite a solartary person, i crave alone time alot despite being around two people who love me, but I've always been like this, I function and feel happy alone, the best times of my life have been when I'm alone.

Grudges have always felt a waste of time, especially if your holding on to them and not learning from them which most do, it ends up eating them up from the inside out, whilst the other person that caused the grudge lives fine, its almost like self torture, theres nothing wrong with remembering the experiences and feelings they need to be processed but if this person is no longer in your life whats the point in thinking about it, learn from it make sure you never put your in a position to feel so much towards someone that isn't worth your time. it easy for me to say I guess since I don't hold grudges, nor do I get affected by people. But I've experienced my own and had to let it go, I didn't want to be like my mother.

I watched my mother hold to both simple and heavy grudges that ate away at her and ended in her resentment of me and the obsession with my father that he just wanted her back and didn't want a relationship with me, despite him remarrying awhile ago and not ever having contact with her and only me, she died hating him....

it was weirdly sad and pathetic to see

if it gets to that point where you start, obsessing, projecting on to others and hurting people, it's not worth holding onto that grudge.

• Maybe loneliness but not sure about grudges. I don’t hold grudges. Never have. If you don’t like a person that’s fine. Avoid them. Dislike them. No problem. But to hold a grudge against a person you like and want to be around... get over it or decide that you don’t wanna have contact with them anymore.

I guess based on what I've seen irl, I'm sure many have also never held grudges. Having a grudge but still being around the person would be difficult, I feel like I would just drop the grudge in that situation. It tends to stick around more if the person isn't in my life anymore ~

• I guess based on what I've seen irl, I'm sure many have also never held grudges. Having a grudge but still being around the person would be difficult, I feel like I would just drop the grudge in that situation. It tends to stick around more if the person isn't in my life anymore ~

I feel like it does no good to obsess over the past. I try to learn from the experience but quickly stop caring about the person.

• For the craving alone time, I definitely relate a lot. My mindset on it heavily depends on my mood but in general I function the best alone and have always been a content loner. Tbh I wish I didn't have the toxic habit of holding grudges, and have been trying to slowly stop. I haven't held many but even the small handful I have really messed me up as a person. Rather than just holding onto it and allowing the anger to fester, I try to use the experience to be smarter about how much I trust people, but this has its negatives too. I just go about my life normally without projecting, obsessing etc but every now and then when I think of it, it feels like I can't ever get close to people again because of it. So it's definitely something for me to work on.

That makes sense, it's sad to see people end up like that. Maybe your mom allowed her grudges to overshadow more significant things that she probably knew deep down or not since everyone processes things different, and because of this, she missed out on time with you or eventual forgiveness towards your dad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!