Females Only (CW: Female Anatomy)

• So idk what is happening but my period is gone for like 2-4 months then it comes back and this has been happening ever since the end of 2019, I know I’m not pregnant because I don’t even have a significant other and I have never done the nasty, I’m not on birth control or anything, i know it isn’t menopause because i’m 17 and I just started my period when I was 12, I eat regularly, I don’t take any medication at the moment, I haven’t been sick or anything, so do any of you know what’s happening? I don’t want to go to a doctor right now especially in this pandemic because I feel like that’s selfish because there is people fighting for their lives in the hospital and they need doctors way more than I do, and also because I’m scared that the doctor might tell me something I do not want to hear, and I do not want to tell my mom because I’m afraid she’ll take me to the doctor. So could this just be my period being irregular and I’m overreacting or some other thing way worse? Please help

• I think you need to tell your mom and go to the doctor! I'm sure you'll be fine but you need an experts opinion on this, in case it is something more serious so that you can get ahead of it. There's nothing to be afraid of, the doctor can only help you <3

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Idk where you live, but in my country they started doing online healthcare consultations after the pandemic started. I would see if you have that option available to you.

Otherwise it's still a good idea to see a doctor.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• So idk what is happening but my period is gone for like 2-4 months then it comes back and this has been happening ever since the end of 2019, I know I’m not pregnant because I don’t even have a significant other and I have never done the nasty, I’m not on birth control or anything, i know it isn’t menopause because i’m 17 and I just started my period when I was 12, I eat regularly, I don’t take any medication at the moment, I haven’t been sick or anything, so do any of you know what’s happening? I don’t want to go to a doctor right now especially in this pandemic because I feel like that’s selfish because there is people fighting for their lives in the hospital and they need doctors way more than I do, and also because I’m scared that the doctor might tell me something I do not want to hear, and I do not want to tell my mom because I’m afraid she’ll take me to the doctor. So could this just be my period being irregular and I’m overreacting or some other thing way worse? Please help

After reading through your explanation, the reason why you probably missed your period for this duration of time was due to impacts like hormonal irregularities, stress, weight gain or loss, etc that affected your menstrual cycle. There could be multiple reasons as to why your period did not come, but if none of the listed impacts seem to be the reason as to why you missed your period, I suggest going to see your doctor.

Hope this helps in some way <3:thumbup:

*(I am not someone who works in the field of medicine, please keep that in mind)

work in progress

• Well maybe the pandemic made you feel really stressed and that can cause problems with your hormones..

But not having your period for a few months is not something normal.. its common but not normal.

I don’t think there’s something serious happening with your body but if you can go to the doctor or like someone said, have an online meeting with one would be good

• I've never had a cycle that is regular.

I've found extreme stress, diet and depression can make it so the cycle is all wonky.

It is ALWAYS good to get a doctors opinion - as it could be a medical condition. I honestly wouldn't worry too much. I'm 29 and I've had mine since I was 10/11 - and it's never been normal. ;;

As a side note I am going to change the thread title, as there are no misunderstandings or fighting.

Changed the title of the thread from “Females Only (Preferably ones with a uterus)” to “Females Only (CW: Female Anatomy)”.

This has actually happened to me before! I missed my period for a good 3 months! Around that time, I was highly highly stressed out. I was gaining a lot of weight, and I was overall not in the best place mentally or physically. I most definitely don’t think you are overreacting, as missing your period can most definitely be a scary thing. I think it would be best if you reached out to a doctor, or talked to someone you trust about it when you feel like the time is right, and when you are comfortable!

• Don't be afraid to speak to your mum and maybe can suggest to directly consult a gynecologist.

(Not sure how your country works, if you need to see a general doc before a gyne)

If it is caused by something serious, it's always better to have found out about it earlier and cure it.

On the other hand, as some of the members mentioned above, it might be due to stress or other factors.

I was having regular period initially and started having irregular ones since I was 17 until now. There was a time that I didn't have period for 9 months due to work stress. I went to the gyne and she checked that everything is normal. It was due to stress and it is getting quite common among young teenagers and adults nowadays. My gyne visit was few years back.

So, I think the chances of this occurrence in females in recent years will be higher.

Of course it is not a good thing. So, let the gyne advise you on what you need to do to manage your stress and emotions (if it is the same case for you as well). :-)

• I think that you should go to doctor. The period doesn't stop without reason. It can be something less serious like change in life (overworked, gaining or losing weight...), psychological (stress, depression..). Or it can be something even worse.

When you have period, is it painful?

• Have you gained/lost a lot of weight? That messed with my cycle for a good while. Also medication or major lifestyle changes/stress can have that affect

Also don't feel bad about seeing someone. Not every doctor is dealing with covid patients and if you still feel bad about it, see a gynecologist

I have been the same weight since 8th grade, I’ve only grown taller

• I think that you should go to doctor. The period doesn't stop without reason. It can be something less serious like change in life (overworked, gaining or losing weight...), psychological (stress, depression..). Or it can be something even worse.

When you have period, is it painful?

Sometimes my cramps are really bad and sometimes I have no cramps at all

• I’m the wrong one to be commenting here but I’ve never missed a period apart from pregnancy and now I’m in menopause. A menstrual cycle can be missed for a number of reasons. It’s understandable you’d be concerned, I would go to the Doctor to get it checked out for that peace of mind.

• How much taller?

Are you an average/healthy weight for your height?

Being underweight stops your period too

I’m 5’9 (176cm?) in 7th grade I was 5’4 (163?) but I grew 5 inches taller in 8th grade, my weight is like 88Lbs (40kg?) I’m a twig I know, I’ve been trying to gain weight and I eat regularly but it seems to not work, is that why my period is irregular?

• Sometimes my cramps are really bad and sometimes I have no cramps at all

I asked you it bc women usually have very painful periods when they have hormonal disbalance. And this is probably the worst scenario. You should go to doctor and see. It can be nth too (1 friend had the same problem and after going through all examinations, doctor told her that it's probably bc of weather change. It was during winter-spring and summer-fall). Even if it's a hormonal disbalance, you can usually take care of it with diets and medications and have no problem with pregnancy (ofc, when and if you want it).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!