Love doesn't actually exist (change my mind)

• you don't actually love anything or anyone, love is basically just a satisfaction. when you are with someone you are just satisfied with being around them, you get something in return for being with this person. it's either support or money or good sex or whatever, if you didn't get what you want from this relationship in return that means you are not satisfied=/=love. you stan your bias because you are satisfied with what you see or hear. you don't actually love them, you like the satisfied feeling that you get in return. same for pretty much anything in life, so pure love doesn't actually exist in any shape or form.

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• haj1ma

Changed the title of the thread from “Love doesn't actually exist” to “Love doesn't actually exist (change my mind)”.
  • you don't actually love anything or anyone, love is basically just a satisfaction. when you are with someone you are just satisfied with being around them, you get something in return for being with this person. it's either support or money or good sex or whatever, if you didn't get what you want from this relationship in return that means you are not satisfied=/=love. you stan your bias because you are satisfied with what you see or hear. you don't actually love them, you like the satisfied feeling that you get in return. same for pretty much anything in life, so pure love doesn't actually exist in any shape or form.

One day love will come for you <3

But I think that while it makes the most sense to create love between another, there is also the chance to find love.

Also, think about this, if you were to want a relationship that works, doesn't that come from emotions? Maybe devotion or dedication. Now, where do devotion and dedication stem from?

But we all have our own opinions, so I respect yours fully. :claps:

work in progress

I understand where you are coming from 100%. I think your opinion is rather interesting, and you have some valid points. I think that love comes to a person one day. And love isn’t necessarily a relationship. It can be love from family, love for your passions, etc etc. it is difficult to find true pure love, especially with the world we live in today, but I feel as though it exists. I think everyone is capable of love. No matter race, sexuality, religion, etc. I think we all deserve it. I respect your opinion to the fullest, and I’m glad you voiced it!

• This is a very good point of view.

You can't really say you LOVE your bias if you don't know them personally. You only know what they are showing you or what you see and you're just perfectly contented with that piece of them. At the end of the day, your bias can be a douchebag in angel's clothing. Even idols who are known to be nice always put on a image which can be counterintuitive to their real personality. Everyone is done to please the crowd and some idols are really damn good at making you believe they're perfect. (w/out scandals ofc)

• Official Post

when you finally love someone, you'll understand why you never believed in love until then, why you thought love was a lie people tell themselves.

• I mean I wouldn't necessarily say 'love' doesn't exist, but maybe that's how You see it and thats fine. I also wouldn't necessarily say 'love' does exist, but maybe that how another person sees it and thats fine too.

"What is love?" Everyone has a different answer.

you don't actually love anything or anyone, love is basically just a satisfaction. when you are with someone you are just satisfied with being around them, you get something in return for being with this person.

I get this, and it also confuses me lol. For me, It's kinda like with helping people, because I like to help people and it makes me happy to help people but does that mean I'm helping them because I actually want to help them or because I want to reach the end result which is my own happiness/ satisfaction? Still don't have an answer to this one :)

it's either support or money or good sex or whatever, if you didn't get what you want from this relationship in return that means you are not satisfied=/=love.

This makes me think of the, 'If you love something, you'll set it free' line. Although you might 'love' or care deeply for something , sometimes you will also be hurt or dissatisfied with what you love or care deeply for . Like you might have a pet horse that you love or care deeply for, but one day there's an accident where the horse's leg breaks.

People that have horse knowledge can correct me, but I know that in most cases, horses with broken legs are put down because recovery is very difficult & the chances of a horse returning to it's original state are dismal. Even though it will hurt you alot, you will most likely opt to put your horse down because you don't want it to suffer/ go through any pain. (Ok this made me alittle sad ngl)

you stan your bias because you are satisfied with what you see or hear. you don't actually love them, you like the satisfied feeling that you get in return.

I'm not into stan culture but I agree, people don't 'love' their bias. They might care for their bias and 'love' the satisfaction their bias gives them, which if kept from extremes, is fine but no, they do not 'love' their bias.

pure love doesn't actually exist in any shape or form.

Rephrasing the first question I wrote, "What is pure love?" If you believe love exists, then anything could be pure love to You. It could be familial love like love between a parent and their child or love between siblings; platonic love between friends, or the love people have for their pets or a love for an action/ object (drawing or a specific song); romantic love between significant others or even spiritual love one might have for their higher power/s. These (+ more) are all different types of love, and they mean/ hold different levels of significance to different people. In the end only You can decide how You love.

pure love doesn't actually exist in any shape or form.

If that is what you believe, then this is what you believe. One question i'd ask though is "What does this mean or change for Me?" Believing love doesn't exist doesn't mean your life will change, it can, but that doesn't mean it will. You'll still/ can still eat the same foods, drink the same water, have the same friends etc. If you decide to change things, thats cool too :wink: it might be small things like saying you like a song or your bias instead of saying you 'love' them. Or even bigger things like changes in your personal relationships (but this can also be a bit tricky so remember to communicate so you know where you stand and the other person/s knows where they stand, love /not -love/ emotions can be one-sided but relationships should not be).

Lastly (finally the end of my thesis lol), Besides 'love' being subjective, 'love' can also be fluid. What you love today, you might not love tomorrow. You can believe love exist today, but you might not believe it exists tomorrow. One type of love might hold a certain significance now, but hold a diffferent significance 2 years from now. Whether it changes or remain the same, just be real with yourself, take the time to communicate + get to know yourself and you might start to understand Your flow.

TL:DR "What is love? Baby don't hurt me, no don't hurt me. No more. No more."

• I used to think that before I met my partner and now I know true love does exist. When a person is right for you, you just know. We’ve been together for 20 years now and we still have that same passion, just not as zesty. I could not survive without him, he’s my rock.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!