Does slapping your face while applying lotion do anything?

• Go to Best Answer
    • Best Answer

According to the web, it supposedly helps "dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow to the area, which can remove free radicals and toxins, helping to stimulate collagen and improve skin quality". As well as giving "plumper looking skin, smaller pores and reduced appearance of wrinkles".

Hope this helps with what you are looking for <3:thumbup:

work in progress

• I've never heard actual dermatologists recommend it. It seems more like home remedy beauty tips passed on by generations that are probably not scientifically the best method (like lemon juice or toothpaste on pimples).

I'm sure there are better methods of encouraging collagen growth than skin irritation, especially if it's not done by professionals.

As someone whose skin became sensitive over time, the best thing you can do is treat your skin kindly, honestly.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I don't really feel a difference, but I do feel like my skin is somewhat tighter.

Thoughts?

:ak_bunny12:

i dun know... it only makes my face looked slapped all over lmao

I "gently" massage it into my face haha

• According to the web, it supposedly helps "dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow to the area, which can remove free radicals and toxins, helping to stimulate collagen and improve skin quality". As well as giving "plumper looking skin, smaller pores and reduced appearance of wrinkles".

Good answer :pepe-toast:

• According to the web, it supposedly helps "dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow to the area, which can remove free radicals and toxins, helping to stimulate collagen and improve skin quality". As well as giving "plumper looking skin, smaller pores and reduced appearance of wrinkles".

Woahhh thank you!

I didn't know it was that deep...

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

gonna try slapping my face while applying lotion

That's could be true. But from what i know slapping your face can be a bit too harsh way to do it for your skin.

It depends on a person, some can benefit from that, others maybe not.

I would rather suggest massaging while applying products. But not a harsh massage when you pull skin too much, but gentle massage, to get the product in the skin with upward and outward motions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!