ALLEGED KPOP LYRICS CONTROVERSY!!!

• Oh boi here we go...buckle up!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Y'all think this is real? Seems legit... :eyes:

• lol not surprised. Happens everywhere. Music industry, actually most industries, are cutthroat af. Backstabbing, setups, bribery and coercion, stealing and exploitation, every kind of shenanigan and underhanded shit that you can think of takes place. It's not fair but talent and hard work arent always enough to get what you deserve.

There's definitely some sketchy stuff going down

• Wth???

Where you from?

Malaysia, but I think that case already solved a few years ago. What I just want to say, the issue that you post is real since the kind of thing higher-ups use someone works for them is happening in any sector of occupation and in any country.

• External Content twitter.com

So if I’m understanding it right, a company pays the lyric agency but the lyric agency doesn’t actually pay the people who make the lyrics?

• Ghostwriting exist, I already made a Thread about it. It’s very prominent in the west, so I’m not surprised if it’s also the case in Kpop where so many Groups debut.

I already tolerate this aspect in the music industry, but not paying those who write the lyrics is a no go. Pay people accordingly to their work. If this is true, it deserves more awareness on their situation.

• I'm not surprised about Ghostwriting issues but not paying the actual lyricists is even worse. The bar is in the 8th layer of hell.

Boredom brought me here.

• Look, I know the music industry is corrupt everywhere, and yet Kpop still surprises me with their new and creative ways to exploit people. I’m... speechless

After reading about a kpop label’s exploitation of blood and various hairs from their idols a long time ago, I’m not surprised anymore. It means weird and questionable things have been happening for the longest time :sweatr1:

So if I’m understanding it right, a company pays the lyric agency but the lyric agency doesn’t actually pay the people who make the lyrics?

Not sure how involved the agencies are but seems to be the case! Ultimately credits and pay are not being handled properly.

• Suga mentioned how his early writings were stolen/ not credited. This doesn’t surprise me.

Also

When an singer fails to explain how they came up with their song given the supposed credit you know something fishy went on their.

Bruh, the Armys in the QRTs are something else entirely lmao. Is it reading comprehension failure? Or is it the blind hatred acting up again?

Bruh, the Armys in the QRTs are something else entirely lmao. Is it reading comprehension failure? Or is it the blind hatred acting up again?

The reading comprehension is piss poor. The tweet clearly states what happened but as soon as they see the words SM they can’t think straight.

I’ve

seen a lot of tweets from this twitter account and the QRTs are usually the same so it’s no surprise.

• The reading comprehension is piss poor. The tweet clearly states what happened but as soon as they see the words SM they can’t think straight.

I’ve

seen a lot of tweets from this twitter account and the QRTs are usually the same so it’s no surprise.

It's the fake concern and performative rage for me. Latching on the first mention of SM and leaving the real culprit truly show their priority and how sincere their outrage is.

• It's the fake concern and performative rage for me. Latching on the first mention of SM and leaving the real culprit truly show their priority and how sincere their outrage is.

It’s clear that people don’t understand how these things work, saying that SM should’ve made sure that the students were getting paid.

Do they think that the money that their faves make goes straight into their personal bank accounts?

I thought the tweets were clear to read but I guess not..

• It’s clear that people don’t understand how these things work, saying that SM should’ve made sure that the students were getting paid.

Do they think that the money that their faves make goes straight into their personal bank accounts?

I thought the tweets were clear to read but I guess not..

And there is also the hyenas trying to shade SM idols and the legitimacy of their writing credits when the twitter thread clearly says that these academies definitely get credited, the problem is that the academies themselves botch the crediting process and involved lyricists are often left out.

To all the gleeful hyenas in this thread too, in case you failed to understand what's being said in the twitter thread, sorry to break it to you but this is not a case of SM buying ghostlyricists for their idols boohoo. This is about lyricist teams THAT ARE BEING CREDITED BY SM (and most definitely other agencies) faking their own credits before selling them to the company.

• Ghostwriting sucks. I would never want any of my music to not be credited, especially since I used to study music production. That amount of effort being unrecognized is such a shame.

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!