the male body is underappreciated

• i feel like its a common perception that the average female body is more aesthetic than the average male body which maybe somewhat true due to presence of more variation in shapes but the male body CAN be VERY aesthetic and beautiful

its just that the male body that is considered beautiful is one that is very defined which definitely takes maintenance ( to varying degrees ) compared to a very average female body

then again, recently men ARE starting to take care of their bodies a lot more

though it is rarer, the male body can be astonishing

its just not given enough credit

• Yeah yk esp in older renaissance art I see a variation of female and male bodies while on the other hand nowadays we just tend to go for the "muscular beyond belief" male body as the most aesthetic male body. I mean frankly it isn't very fun to draw, but eh, all human bodies should be seen as good enough (unless you're like, dying because of your eating habits, I'm talkin 600 lb life not a little chub). Anyways, yeah. Cool post bro :thumbup:

i think it might be because more defined bodies are more detailed and more interesting for artists to draw?

i usually draw my characters skinny because as i said, more definition as well as something im used to seeing more irl so i know better

• I mean honestly it really isnt that interesting to draw the same muscles over and over again, variety is key, otherwise art becomes boring. Thats the way I look at it anyway

imo, if you can draw a thin and defined body, you can easily draw the others

not as easy the other way around

besides that, of course no one likes drawing the same people again and again

i mean, some people do ( like a lot of anime characters )

• Fanart is different. Also, you draw?? Did you post your art before? I'm curious now

no

dont really draw kpop man its mostly stuff for my own portfolio

used to draw kpop many years ago

just portraits though ( and not bodyshots lul )

• I think in terms of the history of like art and cinema a lot of it was made by male artists and influenced by the males around i.e producers, commissioners, etc. So that is largely why you see female body appreciation throughout history. Of course, now women can influence and make their own art along with people who aren't cis, male, white, straight, etc. So I think you can see more male body appreciation nowadays along with an appreciation for other types of bodies in a general sense. We should be pushing for it more though.

For example, in terms of body positivity, we mostly talk about it in regards to women, but I totally think men could be included in the conversation as well, so I would love to see body positivity and appreciation for men too.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• there is a photography of my boy back hanging in a gallery in the state of new york

Thr artist saw me during a beach volleyball game and she asked if she can take photos of my back and neck

She sent me an invite to her gallery years ago but i had no money to fly there and honestly i wasn't really interested lol

• I feel in society both male and female bodies are portrayed in too much in a sexual way. Yes, there might be men with nice bodies, but I don’t need to see them shirtless and am too old for that nonsense anyway. The way the media portrays bodies as well is annoying imo. If I see a man with a good body I just think wow he must work out but don’t go ga ga over his pecs or abs. I just see what I see.

• Who made this rule? Is it because we have something hanging down here? Yeah.... I can see that... This is quite unaesthetic.... Okay

that post is exactly the kind of perception i was talking about

and i dont think sexual organs hanging is unaesthetic either

unless you're looking at super thin women, boobs flop around awkwardly too a lot of times

dont see any complaints about that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!