〖🅝⋮🅒〗Getting to know NCT

• Everyone says it’s so hard to remember all the members, but it’s easy.

Let me introduce you to just one member and encourage all the NCTzens to come and talk about them to those who don’t know!

I’ll even challenge myself to not talk about my biases first.

I’ll even challenge myself and not talk about my biases first.

This is Taeil.

EjJpzYGU0AESuzD?format=jpg&name=large

He’s one of the main vocals in NCT 127 and it’s his power you hear on not only the 127 tracks but the U combo unit songs. (U is just a combination of members from any units.) Maybe you know him as beret guy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(If you don’t want to ready anything long, you can stop here with the basic information. :-))

I love how transfixed the Neos are hearing him sing one of his favorite songs here, which is a Stevie Wonder classic

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just Taeil and a piano

Updated to add more love for his vocals.

Taeil has a warm and rich voice that is particularly well suited to NCT’s more r&b flavored tracks like this one.

But he’s also responsible for some of NCT’s most epic notes. Here he is reaching the moon like a rock singer on Gimme Gimme at 2:57. You can find a similar note in Chain.

Here at 3:34, you can hear his raw vocal in reaching for this note that blows away the producers and other singers.

On the aforementioned From Home, the producer is again blown away as he delivers an amazing vocal and if asks if he wrote the song. He comes in at 3:20. I highly recommend all of NCT's behind-the-scenes music recording videos on the NCT Music channel. You will be amazed at Taeil can just walk in and lay down an insane vocal. His voice is always rich and sumptuous, even when he's reaching for those big notes.

Here's a great combination video of those moments - even easier!

He’s the oldest in all of the units and is a pretty laidback, quieter guy compared to some of the other neos, but when he unleashes his silly side, he’s unstoppable and is well loved by the other members.

His NCT emoji is a moon for his last name!

Let’s get it, Czennies.

You can always learn more about NCT by asking NEO and the friendly Czennies in the Neo City NCT Guild

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Edited 7 times, last by the101: More taeil ().

• Go to Best Answer
  • the101

Changed the title of the thread from “Getting to know NCT” to “Getting to know NCT: Taeil”.
  • underrated visual,

yes! So much of it is styling and hair cuts, honestly.

This is Taeil in Chain, btw.

ezgif.com-resize.jpg

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Let's not forget the video that made us a fan of him

External Content www.youtube.com

• Let's not forget the video that made us a fan of him

is that a real teaser from SM??? :eek::eek::eek:

• I actually consider him the mar8ah carey of kpop

I love the way he just bounces into the studio and drops crazy notes like it’s nbd.u

Here he flexed from 3:19 to 5:39 with a “what, like it’s hard?” moment at 4:40.

Big notes at 19:12 to end

4:15-5:24 - someone get this man an r&b album please

also this casual flex while sitting down and chilling

• Indeed. He always sounds amazing at every note just like Mariah and he's really into r&b like Mariah :danceb:

I luv his voice :cutes:

• He may be an SM artist but he is so underrated by the general GP, but us Nctzens know how amazing and beautiful vocalist he is. Not too mention one of the most craziest members as well.

Let me introduce you to just one member and encourage all the NCTzens to come and talk about them to those who don’t know!

Now I set an even bigger challenge for myself today by talking about a member I don’t know a lot about.

So, I know the least about Dream because their music isn’t really my style. BUT I know their names and I can recognize them and I know what they do!

This is Renjun.

EjOw8LoUcAISFoh.jpg

He is one of the main vocalists in NCT Dream. He’s also a lead dancer.

As noted, I know very little about Renjun beyond the fact his voice keeps cracking and the other Dreamies hack on him about it; that he’s Chinese and extremely fluent in Korean and savage af.

(If you don’t want to read anything long, you can stop here with this basic information. :-))

Renjun’s on the stairs on the right in one of his infamous voice cracks (but hey haters, they’re singing live).

Because I’m not big on Dream, I didn’t realize he had this amazing voice, so Resonance was really an eye opener for me. Here he’s singing with Taeil (who we just talked about) and Xiaojun.

Here’s Renjun is in the blue metallic jacket hitting some really lovely notes.

Like that’s all I know about Renjun, y’all.

His NCT emoji is a fox face.

(Dreamies, help me out here!)

You can always learn more about NCT by asking NEO and the friendly Czennies in the Neo City NCT Guild

Past getting to know NCT:

Getting to Know NCT - Taeil of 127

Edited 4 times, last by the101: Notes on length ().

• Renjun's such a gentle, nice and down-to-earth human being, with a beautiful soothing voice and on top of all that he has to deal with Haechan on a daily basis. Bless his heart.

And stream y'all

Him saying f*ck is the cutest thing.

And I love his lack of patience. :pepelove1:

Edited once, last by NEO ().

• LMAOOOO

:cryingr:

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Renjun wakes up every day and chooses violence

This is Kun.

EjJpuznVkAASuRL.jpg

Kun is the oldest member of WayV and one of its main vocalists. (He’s the fifth oldest Neo.) He is Chinese but fluent in Korean and English and a true renaissance man: he cooks, he flies a plane, he takes care of the WayV family, he writes and produces music, he’s the only Neo with a bachelor’s degree (in music), he does magic, he’s got mad makeup skills and oh yeah, he is a great dancer with a beautiful voice, too.

(If you don’t want to read anything long, you can stop here with the basic information. :-) )

(One of the songs Kun produced)

Kun in the kitchen

Here’s the thing though: Kun waited a long time to debut. He first appeared in the NCT Life show in 2016, where he was still very shy and spoke little Korean, but didn’t make his full debut for another 2 years in the NCU U combo unit with The Seventh Sense. Then he had to wait longer to make his full debut in a proper group in 2019!

Kun’s voice is distinct in NCT, as his is a sweeter, more delicate, often heartbreakingly beautiful voice, compared to many of the power vocalists across the sub units. His voice often sets up the build to the other WayV main vocalists’ more powerful voices, creating a unique hallmark of their sound.

This is a pretty standard WavY song structure, where Kun leads with the prechorus. He comes in about :45

Here you can see the way Kun’s harmonies complement in a similar way a non WayV song in one of the NCT units.

And here’s Kun singing in the studio with no other vocalists:

Also unusually, Kun is often more forward, although not in the dance line, than some of his 127 main vocal counterparts like Doyoung or Taeil.

As the leader of WayV, he’s continually herding and managing their chaotic energy with a slightly harassed, but really funny and sassy parent vibe. (They call him the mom, which he hates.) He’ll try to teach them to cook or help them with gentle corrections to Mandarin or Korean or just tell them to be quiet when he needs to.

Here’s a fed up Kun repacking the makanae’s luggage, while the makanae chuckles that it was his plan.

And yes, Kun is one of my biases. He’s in the right side of my sig.

I know this is really long but I feel like Kun is so underappreciated as a singer, dancer and talent.

His IG: https://www.instagram.com/kun11xd/

His NCT emoji is the bear face.

Past Getting to Know:

Getting to Know NCT - Renjun of Dream

Getting to Know NCT - Taeil of 127

Edited 6 times, last by the101: Notes on length ().

• Here’s a beautiful Snow White Kun to keep your attention.

942DA191-5BFB-4456-B351-29740ECFE47A.gif

One thing I’d really like to note here is that there is a common misperception that WayV members are being excluded or ostracized by other sub units in group settings. I think it is really important to emphasize language issues here - Korean is a second, third and sometimes fourth language of most of the WayVs, so there is still a bit of a gap here in fluency. When talking amongst themselves in their first or second languages, they are often rambunctious and rowdy, but may seem shy or more subdued with other Neos, partly a function of their concerns around their own level of fluency. If you watch their content, you’ll see they are all constantly working on and talking about improving their Korean.

Even then you can see a big difference in the way Kun, who is much more confident in his Korean than many of the other members, interacts with the Neos vs early NCT Life Kun who was shyly relying on a thoughtful and sweet Jaehyun to explain things to him.

It’s also worth remembering that the majority of WayV are actually quite young - most are the same age as the Dreamies (20-21), so they are interacting with older members with more experience in the industry, who debuted three years ahead of them. (Only Kun and Ten are comparable in age to most of 127).

• Kun angel voice

Thank you for posting this! I love love love this song but thought my post was already getting too long. I think this is a great representation of the purity of his voice and I really wish SM would release this..

:pepe-toast:

• This thread contains 323 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!