Will Japan become BTS' biggest market?

• I say this cause its been 7 months since Dynamite released and Japan seems to still not be over BTS. The difference in YT views from Japan as against the 2nd country is astounding.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BTS' variety shows are being broadcast on Japanese TV, they keep getting regualr mentions from Japanese celebs. Even their old songs continue to chart. It is almost like gp there is suddenly discovering BTS and becoming fans

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Boy with Luv queen, I'll say it from the mountain top.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• isn't already? they made a lot of money there last year even tho they couldn't tour and only released an album. #1 on youtube weekly, and if i'm not mistaken is the country with the most songs charting on spotify top 200.

BTS' variety shows are being broadcast on Japanese TV,

wait, when did that happen??

• isn't already? they made a lot of money there last year even tho they couldn't tour and only released an album. #1 on youtube weekly, and if i'm not mistaken is the country with the most songs charting on spotify top 200.

wait, when did that happen??

Bon Voyage is airing currently

They also broadcasted 5th Muster

• Bon Voyage is airing currently

Oh wow :eek:

Imagine being lucky enough to just turn on your TV and watch bts stuff. Imagine bon voyage being so accessible.

I had to search for links on daily motion in my baby army days lol. :oops:

That’s amazing. Do kmedia even broadcast BTS variety shows :whatk:

• There is quarantine in Japan for a while and people turned to social media more. The songs spread further, thanks to Dynamite going viral among Japanese celebrities as well. Now, interest in BTS that faded after the T-shirt scandal in the general public seems to be reviving. If the Karaoke bars were open, we could have looked at the full effect of the songs on the karaoke charts, but we can't do that right now.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• It is the biggest hit, surprisingly even bigger than Gangnam style. And it has broken records set by Shape of You which was the biggest song from a foreign act in Japan.

Gangnam Style was never huge in Japan. I remember reading articles how GS never managed to penetrate the Japanese market as much even though it was massive everywhere else around the world. It charted less than 20 weeks on the Japan Hot 100 and only got certified for 100K downloads back in 2012.

"Shape Of You" is the biggest foreign hit there of the last decade along with "Call Me Maybe", "We Are Never Getting Back Together", "Shake It Off", and "Born This Way". So the fact Dynamite has broken some of its records (downloads, overall charting, and streaming) is pretty impressive. Dynamite is definitely the biggest foreign hit there since 2017.

Edited once, last by blueaqua ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!