BLACKPINK’s Jisoo said that she likes Korean history with her own mouth – Snowdrop starring

• BLACKPINK’s Jisoo said that she likes Korean history with her own mouth – Snowdrop starring BLACKPINKs-Jisoo-said-that-she-likes-Korean-history-with-her-own-mouth.jpg

original post: theqoo

1. I guess she hasn’t studied modern and contemporary history yet

2. Didn’t she study contemporary history? If she learned it, she would never participate in Snowdrop;

3. She just liked it, but she didn’t study hard

4. She likes Korean history, but she hasn’t learned it yet

5. Bye…

6. BLACKPINK is so popular not only in Korea, Asia but also around the world, she should have thought about her influence and made the right decision, but…

7. She didn’t show anything in acting, but thanks to YG, she was easily cast in the lead role in a drama

8. No, but the lead role? Does she have any experience in acting?

9. Jisoo….. wake up now…..

10. I love Jisoo, but I don’t support this drama

• tbh if the rumours about the plot of the drama are indeed true, it is really questionable. Here is the perspective of a Korean on why there is such an outrage and why it's very offensive:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If this is indeed the plot, I don't know what the director was thinking.

• I think this wave of protest towards fictional shows leading to their cancellation is quite concerning. It looks more and more like bigotry.

Where I'm from, if something is bad for reason X or Y, we don't watch it and that's it. No need to go full crusade mode, the everyday people have other shit to deal with and to fight for.

• Official Post

The plot isn't even confirmed so idk what all this outrage is for. All we've heard are rumors. But if some of y'all bothered to do your research, the outrage is kind of justified(if the plot is true). Some international fans just aren't educated on this stuff and think everything Knetz do is out of pure hate lmao

I do think it's wrong to drag and shame the actors/actresses involved, but the controversy around the rumored plot of the story doesn't surprise me.

Anyway hopefully the director can change the plot if it's true, seeing the A-tier celeb cast list, they def want it to be a success and won't let this slide.

• What's wrong with Snowdrop can someone enlighten?

I'm not korean so I'll just explain what I read from koreans what the outrage is about. It's rumoured to be about the protests in the 1980s, where peaceful and innocents protesters (students) were massacred and tortured by the Korean national security officials under the pre tense that they were north korean spies. One of the biggest issues is that they are rumoured to be using real names of real people during the massacre, like the student Jisoo is supposedly playing is called Yeong - Cho, one of the people who saw her friends getting tortured and killed was known to be very smart and intelligent battling against the guards and apparently the drama made her a damsel in distress. They are also painting the peaceful protestors in a negative light by making the main characer an actual north korean spy and painting it so that the national korean guard were right in killing those students.

These are rumours about the plot tho, so nothing is confirmed but there is a lot of outrage about it everywhere on korean sites rtn and a sponsor is pulling out. If it's true, it's best that they make some changes. It's also dumb that the actors are getting hate when the biggest issue lies with the director and writer.

Edited it because I had some information wrong.

• First of all the official plot isn't even confirmed yet. Second of all, lets just say hypothetically what knetz are saying about the plot distorting history, is even true, how does that make Jisoo accountable, like its not that she is the creative writer/showmaker/producer :pepestare:

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• Let me enlighten you all: In 1980’s we had a terrible democratic election system, that wasn’t even democratic, and students took it upon themselves to protest the curropt government, that turned deadly. They took students and labelled them as spies (as in from NK) and tortured and sometimes killed them. This was also an expected reaction considering the Gwangju massacre happened in the 80s as well, which left over 2000 dead, but it took time for people to gain strength. If it’s true that the plot romanticizes a “spy”, that actually is a spy from NK then that’s truly fucked up, especially considering the writer of Snowdrop was a student at Ewha Womens university during the 1987 protests (graduated 1988). Ewha was one of the prominent universities during the protests.

1DB786F0-B582-4A79-8696-A4302BFCB2B8.jpegE7222A4A-722C-4C98-8112-991C9035D119.jpeg

(Some photos of protests at ewha in 1987)

Also, y’all were still in the Korean War of course we’re gonna be fragile. Gosh, this is only if the problematic parts are true. They’re gonna propagate the shit to NKs because NK somehow have access to kdrama/kpop. Just better left untouched

• Also, y’all were still in the Korean War of course we’re gonna be fragile. Gosh, this is only if the problematic parts are true. They’re gonna propagate the shit to NKs because NK somehow have access to kdrama/kpop. Just better left untouched

I fail to see how it's gonna make some good NK propaganda. If it's indeed about a NK spy who falls in love with a SK girl (and ultimately aborts his mission?), what's the big deal? It's not like movies never addressed such issues and time periods (Joint Security Area, Silmido, etc).

• So if it turns out that the plot, which has not even been confirmed, is nothing like what knetz are assuming.

This brouhaha would have been for nothing.

No one knows the exact plot yet they won't to end the show before it even airs.

• tbh if the rumours about the plot of the drama are indeed true, it is really questionable. Here is the perspective of a Korean on why there is such an outrage and why it's very offensive:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If this is indeed the plot, I don't know what the director was thinking.

apparently its already been changed.

• Let’s wait for the full plot with details to be revealed before making any assumptions, the person in the tweet only went with what they think without having the official plotline from JTCB.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!