SHIZZ IS REALLY HITTING THE FAN IN CHINA...ARE YOUR FAVES AFFECTED?

• Soooo...I guess this is starting to blow up big time. There are celebrities and idols terminating contracts left and right :eyes:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What y'all think about all this???

:pepewhat:

• So these are the ones who rather save their Chinese career than stand up for what’s right? We are talking about gross human rights violation here

standing up for what's right in china will get you and your family a 1 star trip to the underground prison of your choice (release not guaranteed), it's really not a black or white situation

• So these are the ones who rather save their Chinese career than stand up for what’s right? We are talking about gross human rights violation here

Feel free to set a good example by discarding the device you used to type this message.

• I'm chinese and i couldn't give two shits what chinese idols do or don't do...

they could support it or not

either way it doesn't affect me or my life does it...

ignorance is bliss UNLESS it concerns me

• It's always the same idols and its always the same fans with their tired excuses "tHeiR FaMilIeS WiLl Be iN dAnGeR$!!11!" "ThEy HaVE nO ChOicE!!11" "bLaMe ThE GoVernMenT!!11" :rolleyes:

So glad I stopped being obsessed with Kpop idols. God forbid I ever let my brain rot in this kind of way.

• Sigh.

I kinda get why Chinese idols will support Chinese government ig. But I don't have to support it. What's wrong is still wrong. I know that you can't go against the government ever because of how controlling CCP is, but I just hope that these celebrities would've stayed silent or done nothing instead of showing support, even if it's in a minor way.

In such a situation, staying silent is enough.

• standing up for what's right in china will get you and your family a 1 star trip to the underground prison of your choice (release not guaranteed), it's really not a black or white situation

I have followed this story for years. The abuse and human rights violations in Xinjiang got overlooked all the time and it’s heartbreaking. Of course it’s not black and white but there is always something more one can do than toss their hands up and give up.

Feel free to set a good example by discarding the device you used to type this message.

Feel free to just live out the rest of your pathetic existence in your little bubble of ignorance and indifference.

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• I guess this tweet sums it up pretty well

• umm...Isn't Dilabra of Uyghur ethnicity?? I guess whatever it takes to save your career huh. On one side none of us really know what goes down between Chinese celebrities and their government, but then on the other it's like these celebrities don't believe in human rights. Honestly, don't know what to think or say.

• umm...Isn't Dilabra of Uyghur ethnicity?? I guess whatever it takes to save your career huh. On one side none of us really know what goes down between Chinese celebrities and their government, but then on the other it's like these celebrities don't believe in human rights. Honestly, don't know what to think or say.

Yeah, she is. yikes, she just betrayed her people like that. Also, Jackson from Hong kong supported the Hong kong police brutality

All these Chinese idols are the same. They all support their government doing horrible things. Are they brainwashed?? Do they really believe what they are doing is right?? Is it an I have no choice situation? or they don't care they are just doing it to retain their fame in China??

We would never know.

Dilraba is the only Chinese celebrity I am a fan of so this kinda hurts

• I understand the dilemma that Chinese entertainers are facing. They and/or their families can lose both their careers and freedom in China if they go against the government, but just as they choose to overlook human rights for their own interests, Western fans can choose not to support them, listen to their music, watch their shows, etc. I know I won't be spending my money on them.

• I will never support these artists again especially the ones with kpop ties. Like I still tried to support Jackson after the whole HK - China thing but no bro I ain't going to support you supporting the violation of the human rights. And for the Chinese I still think they could do more but they choose their career and money instead of the violated humans.

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

• Never stanned any idols that are chinese or make a living in china so obvs my faves will never be affected :teeheek:

Regarding the idols that have voiced their support for the CCP, whether it’s bc they’ve been brainwashed or they’re threatened to do so or they just want to make some yuans in exchange for having a conscience, you can bet your arse i’ll never ever stan those idols in the future. The last thing i’m gonna do is making those idols more popular when they’ve already had a huge platform to reach millions of people and advocate their propaganda for the CCP. It doesn’t matter why they did it, at the end of the day they still did it and i’ll never contribute to making them more successful. And making excuses to justify their blatant outward support for trampling on human rights is what i consider the lowest lol. I live in a country with an oppressive non-democratic government myself so you can save your speeches on how chinese idols are forced to do it or whatever lmao, i know what it’s like here and don’t need peeps to tell me 😂

• the Chinese brainwashing is real. I have Chinese colleagues who haven't lived in China for years now telling me they don't want to get Covid vaccinated unless the Chinese vaccine gets brought to our country and made available. In a very objective, cold way, it's rather impressive how the Chinese government manages to so thoroughly control a population of almost 2 billion people.

No excuse though for that artist of Ughyur ethnicity that's choosing her comfy career over the systemic eradication of her culture and her people. Wow.

• I have no love lost for Chicoms. Just look at what happened with Pol Pot and as for Korea specifically, Koreans just need to look to their neighbor up north to see what happens when "the Party" or more accurately "the Leader" runs things with an iron fist.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Wasnt that the famous motto from the book, Animal Farm? Communism preaches one thing but human nature will always pervert it into a system where a few benefit and the masses are exploited at best, or enslaved at worst.

OTOH, i dont think Chinese idols should be cancelled just because of this. None of us know what kind of pressure they're facing from the Chicom government. They could lose their careers, could even be fined or jailed, if they dont publicly support their government. I dont know if any one of us in this forum would have done anything different than Victoria, Jackson, etc.

• Hmm this kind of thought process is a bit dangerous tbh.

I agree.

Passively accepting horrific things happening in the world is often what allows things to happen in the first place and flourish further. We've seen it throughout history from everything from racism to genocide. It's very dangerous to just look the other way if it's not hurting you directly.

• the Chinese brainwashing is real. I have Chinese colleagues who haven't lived in China for years now telling me they don't want to get Covid vaccinated unless the Chinese vaccine gets brought to our country and made available. In a very objective, cold way, it's rather impressive how the Chinese government manages to so thoroughly control a population of almost 2 billion people.

No excuse though for that artist of Ughyur ethnicity that's choosing her comfy career over the systemic eradication of her culture and her people. Wow.

I have similar experiences. I have a Chinese friend I met here in Japan, who has told me that Chinese news is the only correct news because news anywhere else in the world isn't based on facts and will lie just to make China look bad. He's also refers to Asians of any nationality as "future Chinese" as well. The shocking part is that if China isn't mentioned, he's a generally great guy.

It's very impressive how deep propaganda can get into someone's head.

• I will never support these artists again especially the ones with kpop ties. Like I still tried to support Jackson after the whole HK - China thing but no bro I ain't going to support you supporting the violation of the human rights. And for the Chinese I still think they could do more but they choose their career and money instead of the violated humans.

No honey they chose their lives and their families lives instead of the violated human. Please yall need to stop talking without doing even the smallest bit of research

• I don’t really know what to say. But it’s kinda funny how kpop stans are creating excuses out of mid air to protect their faves over a human right issue. We will never know if they are actually being threatened because of family or they are doing this because of the fame and money they will lose.

Honestly speaking that other celebrity who decided to overlook their own people for their career is the worst of all. It makes me doubt if these celebrities are even supporting the government because they have their people to protect in the first place.

I’m not Chinese so my opinion doesn’t matter. But I believe human rights issue should be an all black or white situation, it should not even be up for discussion. If you support it, you are just as bad as the instigator. The idols can do whatever they want and the fans can do whatever they want if they decide to stop supporting them.

• Sigh.

I kinda get why Chinese idols will support Chinese government ig. But I don't have to support it. What's wrong is still wrong. I know that you can't go against the government ever because of how controlling CCP is, but I just hope that these celebrities would've stayed silent or done nothing instead of showing support, even if it's in a minor way.

In such a situation, staying silent is enough.

I guess this tweet sums it up pretty well

Agree with your stance.

I also don't support their decisions, it is disappointing and think it should've been approached differently, but i'm not 'canceling' them for not knowing the whole circumstances of their decisions.

• why do sound like you want ppl to support those idols? people are not obligated to overlook genocide. if those idols chose that, the fans have their right to not support those idols in question

I don’t stan nor like nor support any of the idols affected and i’m not forcing anyone to support them so i don’t know where u got that from.

And i’m not telling anyone to overlook genocide, you’re just trying to make me look bad. I’m just telling people that the Chinese government is known to be a dictatorship and it’s really strict with no right of speech. It’s also known for brainwashing their people and making people who go against the government disappear. And this is not coming from me it’s from actual Chinese people who don't live there anymore. Nit everyone lives in a western country like yall where freedom of speech is a basic human law and where u can support and not support whoever u want.

Yall ignoring all these facts just because u wanna cancel some idol. And of course i don’t support any genocide to any kind of race or religion.

• Look,

There are two sides to the story.

Idols got hate yesterday everywhere on weibo because they weren't cutting ties with brands.

As far as I know, Yixing Studio demanded a statement from Calvin Klein and they didn't respond in time, so Lay cut ties with Calvin Klein. They didn't clarify their position.

Number of Chinese people said and I quote

" Cotton is obtained using Machines not forced labour", I don't how true is that but there is some truth to it because i searched it and it shows that indeed machines are used.

People don't really want to know the situation Chinese Idols have to go through.

Chinese idols are nothing compared to Billionaires getting disappeared (Eg:- Jack Ma and another one I forgot his name) and they can be jailed for unspecified time.

I don't support forced labour at all, it's dehumanizing and very terrifying.

So, put yourself in position of These Chinese Idols with your career and your life and your families safety and basically everything is on line every time something political happens in your country (I.e China), I highly doubt you will not save your career, yourself and your family first.

That's why I decided to stay neutral on this. Staying neutral doesn't mean supporting anything. After all, In recent months, We've seen what choosing one side leads to.

Peace out.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I don’t stan nor like nor support any of the idols affected and i’m not forcing anyone to support them so i don’t know where u got that from.

And i’m not telling anyone to overlook genocide, you’re just trying to make me look bad. I’m just telling people that the Chinese government is known to be a dictatorship and it’s really strict with no right of speech. It’s also known for brainwashing their people and making people who go against the government disappear. And this is not coming from me it’s from actual Chinese people who don't live there anymore. Nit everyone lives in a western country like yall where freedom of speech is a basic human law and where u can support and not support whoever u want.

Yall ignoring all these facts just because u wanna cancel some idol. And of course i don’t support any genocide to any kind of race or religion.

people are being killed, so i don't see why idols being cancelled are more impt here. If they chose CH, im sure the citizens of CH will continue to support them. INternational fans are not obligated to support those idols, are allowed to call out on this bullshit. if international fans decide to withdraw from supporting/following those idols, im sure its not surprising to those idols. Im sure their management is aware of how international people will percieve this. they dont care about the rest of the world, so the rest of the world are allowed to drop them

• No honey they chose their lives and their families lives instead of the violated human. Please yall need to stop talking without doing even the smallest bit of research

First of all do not honey me and for the matter I did my research about this issue for years because surprise the stuff happening to the uyghurs isn't new nor did I learn about it yesterday or today.

I still stand by my opinion I won't support anyone who is indirectly supporting CCPs human violations against the uyghurs and still think it's such a low action made by these c idols and k/c idols.

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

Edited 2 times, last by aliye12 ().

• oh please, and all that over Lay, the one idol everyone knows is 100% a CCP supporter? He's always done more than the required minimum, he's a youth ambassador for the party, he's the last one who should be given the benefit of the doubt.

• Well I guess it goes both ways. They can choose to stop supporting something, I can choose to stop supporting someone. Will remember all of their names and then avoid everything with them.

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!