Is Kakao's downfall and Ive's flopping happening at same time just mere coincidence?

• kakao is the parent company of ive.

We recently found out that Kakao's ceo got arrested and that company is embroiled in legal problems, and that company is giving up on kpop side of things.

Also its interesting to note that IVE last comeback was a failure and they pretty much went unnoticed by everyone, before that they were getting paks and after paks for every comeback.

Did ending of kakao payola support lead to failure of ive's comeback latest comeback? if so then future isn't looking bright for them cuz i have read that kakao is bailing out of kpop industry.

Ive were already very lackluster internationally and now if they lose korea due to ending of kakao payola then they'll be out of top 5 4th gen gg rankings very soon

• IVE already peaked with I AM so it's not a kakao issue. and they are not really flopping. they are doing very well for non Big 4 standards. it's rare to see true IVE group stans, but they managed to get support from various factions like former IZONE fans, Anyoungz fans, Wonyoung fans, public and other GG stans who don't vibe with NJ or Aespa

• Not everything in the world is related to Payola!

It is very simple, the quality of their tts have been declining after I AM, that’s why they are flopping internationally and semi-flopping by their standards in Korea. Give them I am level song they will be topping charts all over again!

• IVE flopping???

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are you actually insane, or just trolling for likes?

• You mean heya that flopped with #2 in all charts and blocked spot from geting paks? Lmao

Their faves peaked at No.2 with less competition = light years gap from other GGs

IVE peaked at No.2 = disbanding flops.

But it's perfectly fine it just means that IVE is held to a different standard and that they have to do x1000 more to be recognised by the haters. Ultimately IVE has a successful career AHEAD of them with a full world tour the girls are getting more love and are living their best life right now

• Kakao made a terrible mistake buying SM, because Hybe was tailing behind so bad. Now look what happen, CEO is off to jail, and Kakao had to sell its subs off. IVE underperforming had to do with the current climate of stale K-pop era, poor music choice and the AdorxHybe scandal ending it all. Let's be real, the public and K-pop community is tired of it.

#Onlyspeakfacts

:boredr: :siptear:

• Your little group is on hiatus and you worry about IVE. I guess dickriding MHJ wasn’t a good idea afterwards because they lost all their international support :teeheek:

You realize I'm back, right? thebadguy is one thing, but why say something that'll provoke me to spill tea on IVE's mid results relative to the standard they set for themselves?

NewJeans got blocked by statistically one of the biggest girl group hit songs EVER and easily the biggest hit of aespa's career, and still they occupied 2 of the top 3 songs and remain the top artist on every digital platform domestically and internationally.

Even after supposedly losing all their international support, NewJeans get more daily streams on Spotify than any other girl group in the industry.

Oh, and it was primarily Bubblegum that blocked Spot's PAK, not IVE.

• These heralded groups debut on a high and then it is only a question of how long can they keep the "high", as soon as a comeback doesn't Chart as high as the previous, never mind that they still are in the top 1%, immediately people start writing such requiems.

But all it takes is one more hit and the story changes.

Aespa is a classic case, debut high, then flop, Next Level/Savage hit, then flop and now again on top

Folks should have some patience.

• I'm all bollixed up i dont know how to reply to this thread. Ive has mah Izone girls which makes me wanna defend them. Yet Dives have been almost the worst spreaders of hate on TW and even a couple on AKP in terms of LSRFM so part of me also wanna watch Ive burn as long as YJ and WY escape the fire. Yet that would mean i would be siding with OP who is a known LSRFM hater and troll so i can't do that, and yet even if i wanted to take Ive's side and trash NJ to make OP seethe, we have Yama in this thread who has been a loyal LSRFM fan and supporter and who is 50 percent of the reason why i almost never shade NJ directly.

In the end, just stan JoYuri for long life and good health

yu.gif

• Oh, and it was primarily Bubblegum that blocked Spot's PAK, not IVE.

IVE also blocked Spot lol we already discussed this

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I'm all bollixed up i dont know how to reply to this thread. Ive has mah Izone girls which makes me wanna defend them. Yet Dives have been almost the worst spreaders of hate on TW and even a couple on AKP in terms of LSRFM so part of me also wanna watch Ive burn as long as YJ and WY escape the fire. Yet that would mean i would be siding with OP who is a known LSRFM hater and troll so i can't do that, and yet even if i wanted to take Ive's side and trash NJ to make OP seethe, we have Yama in this thread who has been a loyal LSRFM fan and supporter and who is 50 percent of the reason why i almost never shade NJ directly.

yu.gif

Let me suggest an alternate approach:

Don't punish the groups for their toxic stans. It's a fact of life that they all have them and they bigger they get, the more there are.

There is nothing wrong with liking all those groups while disliking the toxic stans in their fandoms. The toxic bullies want attention so will try to make noise to be seen, but it'd be healthiest if you could see them for what they are and not allow them to ruin your enjoyment. I don't have to name names here - you know who they are. I know, it's probably easier said than done most of the time, but fighting!

yu.gif

wonyoung and yujin would burn you and your lsf girls to keep leeseo gaeul liz and rei warm

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

yu.gif

You never like IVE anyway so why don’t you shut up lol. You prayed for Ive downfall and it didn’t work now you are trying to spread the narrative that dives started LSRF hate train as if fearnuts haven’t been nasty toward IVE since debut so be quiet :pepefacepalm:

• I tried to be nice :ihazacape:

I hereby curse all your shorts :patheticcat:

External Content www.youtube.com

• HEYA spent 11 weeks in melon top 10, which is slightly worse than baddie. I think it’s just that their recent TTs aren’t hitting the same as before. This explains their decline in Spotify streams too.

:pepe-shrug:

How Sweet peaked at #2 but it’s doing much better longevity wise.

• #1 in Korea goes to whoever wants to spend the most on "marketing" at that time.

Ive wasn't affected by Kakao's recent issues. Ive released before all these recent issues. However they were affected by Kakao's decision to back Aespa full hilt, instead of Ive.

Similarly Hybe is backing Illit full hilt instead of NJs now. Is it because of MHJ? Possibly, but it is something that happens regardless as part of the marketing lifecycle, where you slowly pull back on marketing as a product matures and peaks. I suspect NJs internals just like with Ive had shown they have peaked and already "declining". e.g. SuperShy only #1 significantly for a shorted amount of time than Ditto.

Aespa in the future will be affected, because they are no longer going to get massive amounts of off the books special help, just like NJs doesn't anymore.

• Cool

• I tried to be nice :ihazacape:

I hereby curse all your shorts :patheticcat:

Youtube shorts or the Dickies shorts I'm currently wearing?

• ive is in a period of consolidation right now. after a big run up they need to absorb the gains and create support. the next big green candle will come in 2025. q2 earnings is monstrous q3 will be even bigger.

solid foundation. others seems like a pump and dump. dont be fooled by those. research and due diligence. NFA

• ive is in a period of consolidation right now. after a big run up they need to absorb the gains and create support. the next big green candle will come in 2025. q2 earnings is monstrous q3 will be even bigger.

solid foundation. others seems like a pump and dump. dont be fooled by those. research and due diligence. NFA

Internationally Ive has overrun gidle, and likely NJs in the future.

However there are new competitors, Illit and BM, who are both already above NJs internationally now.

• Internationally Ive has overrun gidle, and likely NJs in the future.

However there are new competitors, Illit and BM, who are both already above NJs internationally now.

BM has quality members. dancing, rapping and singing. the issue seems to be establishing an identity and some good songs.

Illit i have no idea about as i dont look into them. a hybe group is a hybe group. they will know what to do

• Never once have i seen Yujin or Wonyoung act like this to their Ive members. They give off work friends vibes tbh, not BFF vibes like these Izone gifs :emotionalpepe: .

yujinchae.gif

wycw.gif

yujin yuri.gif

minju wonyoung.gif

they look pretty gay to me

External Content x.com

definitely gay

External Content x.com

need to move on

GTl1v4vbkAAICDN?format=jpg&name=large

• Damn the cycle of toxicity really is neverending.

• Never once have i seen Yujin or Wonyoung act like this to their Ive members. They give off work friends vibes tbh, not BFF vibes like these Izone gifs :emotionalpepe: .

yujinchae.gif

wycw.gif

yujin yuri.gif

minju wonyoung.gif

Never once have i seen Yujin or Wonyoung act like this to their Ive members. They give off work friends vibes tbh, not BFF vibes like these Izone gifs :emotionalpepe: .

yujinchae.gif

wycw.gif

yujin yuri.gif

minju wonyoung.gif

True, i have watched a lot of ive content and wonyoung definitely treats the rest of ive members as nothing more than co-workers

• ive is suffering from the same thing iu and newjeans did - releasing bad songs. People were lying heya was good, sneaking in with true kpop song conversation supernova started.

but newjeans did better - they topped the circle chart 2024 despite poor results and even lwy with his crazy grannys lost to them and they still land top 20 during first hour of friday releases while ive failed to even enter top 100. They also have 3 songs in top 10

Anyway. Both ive and newjeans peaked in 2022. I AM is overrated as hell, it doesn't have the i'll never get tired of listening to it replay value love dive has and Gaeul's im on my way pronounciation pisses me off. Yujin should have sung the whole part, her part was angelic.

NewJeans will never top hypeboy and their lack of powerful voices, or at least as powerful as Liz and Yujin's, limits their song choices. That's why they, like le sserafim, stick to talk singing. I cringe at the thought of the day they will sing songs without backtrack. They're not as awful as lsf are, but that shouldn't be the standard.

since we're talking about payolas, not that i'm denying supernova is good, it's a bop. But

i find it sus how ive is now flopping for their standards while aespa, whose company was bought by kakao only now is unstoppable and is still topping the charts hahaha.

• Internationally Ive has overrun gidle, and likely NJs in the future.

sneaking in illit like we wouldn't notice lmao

hybe giving illit payola and playlisting and sabrina carpenter treatment doesn't mean they are above nj. Their song is viral yes, but not the group. Their fandom is small, their group still didn't get big as nj did during debut let alone outside. You hate mhj and nj and lie your ass off

Babymon IS bigger with views and fandom, not illit.

Not even Wonyoung or Yujin act like this with each other anymore

They're going viral on tiktok for having 'cold war' and look like they'd burn if they interacted with each other to show how close they are

Wonyoung even makes sure to avoid or ignore Chaewon and Sakura and probably lies she's too busy to read izone group chat lmao

or only interact to not look like a bish to their fans

Now Yujin looks like she still cares about izone

• IVE have had some few good songs, but in general pretty average group. It's their third year now so the first "newbie hype" after their debut is over for real. A bit like ITZY, you get a big hype for a year or so, than dies down and "well, this group was not that speciall after all". I know a other group, with a N and a J that will probably go the same way.

It's just how it often works, hype first year after debut and often a bit disappointment and decline in the seceon-third year.

Aespa did a nice bounch back this year, so it's always possible to come back stronger, but few acctually do.

• This thread contains 64 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!