4th Gen Girl Group Live Vocal (Aespa, Purple Kiss, Secret Number, Stayc, Weeekly)

• Which group has best live vocal? 23

1. Aespa (10) 43%
    2. Purple Kiss (9) 39%
    3. Weeekly (2) 9%
    4. Stayc (2) 9%
    5. Secret Number (0) 0%

This post is about showing how good these monster rookie gg can sing

Aespa:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Main Vocal:

Purple Kiss:

Main Vocal:

Secret Number:

Main Vocal:

Stayc:

Main Vocal:

Weeekly:

Main Vocal:

I put clips only from radio and vlive

Because clips from music show and any other show comes with heavy autotune and loud background music, so we can't really listen to their natural vocal

Don't justify their performance based on autotune and backsound music

Let's compare their live vocal

My current ranking:

1. Weeekly

2. Aespa

3. Purple Kiss

4. Stayc

5. Secret Number

Put your thoughts below about these monster rookies performance

Please add more source of their live vocals

• The difference is, I provide their live material

Hoping that voters would listen to their live vocal, and not judging them just by their company, sister's group, popularity, concept, and what other people say

Entirely by live vocal

But, well, seems like most voters didn't even bother to see the videos

Can't help with it tho

Nonetheless, we know have mini compilation of their live vocal here

^^

• Can we talk about how OP wanted aespa to lose and he's mad they didn't and also talk about how he used the worst clip of NingNing at literally 13-14 yrs old singing before she learned English properly LOL some people are so see through with their shade

They really tried it, it's embarrassingly pathetic

:angryr:

Who's goes through so much effort to shame a group, it's soooo embarrassing :cryingr:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Can we talk about how OP wanted aespa to lose and he's mad they didn't and also talk about how he used the worst clip of NingNing at literally 13-14 yrs old singing before she learned English properly LOL some people are so see through with their shade

I didn't mean to make ningning look bad. I just don't find any good Live vocal for her, and for aespa also. There is little to none of their Live vocal as of right now, I mean REALLY hard to find them, escpecially singing their own song Live

If you have better Live vocal of them, do attach here

I want to update the post

But only radio or vlive clip, where we can validate their "Live"ness

• I had higher expectations for Purple Kiss in terms of vocal skills but they still are a little bit above the average of kpop GGs nowadays

Yeah me too. Many people were hyping them so my expectation is kinda higher than what they can give. Maybe it's because of the "they are from xxx so they must be good at singing" thing

• I didn't mean to make ningning look bad. I just don't find any good Live vocal for her, and for aespa also. There is little to none of their Live vocal as of right now, I mean REALLY hard to find them, escpecially singing their own song Live

Ermmm you do know radios aren't live as well, majority are heavily auto-tuned also literally the video I posted yesterday was a LIVE video, I don't know why you're still refusing to believe it, and then the videos posted by people in the same chat that again is clearly live but you refuse to believe

:whatr:

Here to jog your memory

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content twitter.com

I don't know why you're saying it shouldn't be included because they're having fun when they're harmonising, and hitting notes so carelessly. Who cares if it's not being taken seriously, if anything it backs up the fact they are vocally the best if they're hitting notes while having fun, walking everywhere, who else has done this please

:pepe-smug:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Wut? Worst clip? Are you referring to Ningning's cover of Rolling In the Deep?? Cause she sounded pretty damn good in that performance, that song's belting parts are no joke and she did really well, especially since there is very little reverb/echo to help enhance her tones.

• Wut? Worst clip? Are you referring to Ningning's cover of Rolling In the Deep?? Cause she sounded pretty damn good in that performance, that song's belting parts are no joke and she did really well, especially since there is very little reverb/echo to help enhance her tones.

She was also 11/12 then too. It's outdated using such old videos comparing to other idols recent, we gave op recent options, but they refuse to believe it's legit or just downplay it as not a serious singing video LOL

:pepefacepalm:

• LMAOOOOOOOOO OP using a video of Ningning when she was 12yo without any vocal lessons to compare to recent videos of the other girls with years of vocal training x))))

and you're trying to say you didn't try to set her up , Big jokes -_-

do you need more receipt or you'll once again trying to make a third Thread to criticize Aespa vocals -_-

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Wut? Worst clip? Are you referring to Ningning's cover of Rolling In the Deep?? Cause she sounded pretty damn good in that performance, that song's belting parts are no joke and she did really well, especially since there is very little reverb/echo to help enhance her tones.

She sung it well for her age but lots of people use it to drag her vocal abilities saying she sounds flat this is before she was learning English and I bet she was pretty nervous as well a better clip would be her perdoeming on the Chinese kids show she was on

https://youtu.be/PKYikvrnEys

• I didn't mean to make ningning look bad. I just don't find any good Live vocal for her, and for aespa also. There is little to none of their Live vocal as of right now, I mean REALLY hard to find them, escpecially singing their own song Live

Ningning and Monday are actually the top two vocalists out of all them as both are capable of supporting up to B4, goeun and swan can’t.

In this video, ningning actually supported her C5, no raised larynx too. Pleasantly surprised by this, but her consistency is questionable due to aespa’s disappearance *sobs*

Winter has a veeeeery debatable vocals as i’ve seen her capable of supporting her Bb4’s so she might actually be equal or better than Ningning.

Despite all this, Swan and Winter are still my favorite vocals.

• "Live" from music show is debatable, that's why I don't use it as proof that they can sing Live

Here is the catch with music show:

1. If you only hear 1 vocal, that is the background music or pre-recorded, NOT Live

2. If you hear 2 vocal and both are clear, that is backsound music and pre-prerecorded

3. If you hear 2 vocal and 1 vocal is more unstable sounds worse than the other, that is Live

People tend to believe that their idol pre-recorded as Live, but not wanting to seek the truth

The "Going Home Live" is to showcase their entertainment skill, not vocal skill. Well, in fact every "Going Home Live" idols can hit their song well, you know why? because it is their song. Lol.

• that's why I ask for better Live vocal of ningning

the first video is definitely not Live

If I put your second video in this post, it will be unfair because all other main vocal has at least 1 minute clip

the third is basically the same clips I use right? why you debate using my material.

^^

• You're literally playing yourself, because none of their forever performances were MUSIC SHOW :pepefacepalm: Also you've just confirmed what everyone has been saying, because their vocals were crystal clear, that justifies that it wasn't live to you

:pepestare:

• Then to even add how you need two vocals and one needs to be unstable is embarrassing, do you know anything about live vocals or just what you "Observe" in kpop music show stages

:whatr:

• Firstly, you've missed so many factors, first being the type of song it is, if it's a dance heavy song chances are if they are singing live you might hear terrible vocals, but if it's not a dance heavy song then they can have backtrack playing along with it but it's usually very very low, well at least with SM idols.

This is another example of live singing with low backtrack from another SM group and you only hear one voice at a time, but it's still live

Now this is aespa forever with very low backtrack, but still live

Now these are aespa forever live -

Now this is aespa singing fully prerecorded -

:siptear:

• I have more receipts if you need them :pepestare: I'm just sick and tired of people like you that can't comprehend how talented aespa really are because you're used to terrible live singing. How prejudged and closed minded are you, yet you keep getting proven wrong, it's embarrassing now

:pepe-peek::pepe-peek:

• I have more receipts if you need them :pepestare: I'm just sick and tired of people like you that can't comprehend how talented aespa really are because you're used to terrible live singing. How prejudged and closed minded are you, yet you keep getting proven wrong, it's embarrassing now

:pepe-peek::pepe-peek:

Hmmm, maybe you're right, I judge them too hard, because in Black Mamba promotion I never even once hear their Live vocal when performing.

And their Live vocal from other source is hard to find too.

The judgement is still in my head tho. Lol.

Even when they sing ballad song, without dance at all, they sound too-good-to-be-true. Again, because I dont have enough proof, I still think that is pre-recorded

Maybe I need to wait a little longer. I hope no heart feeling.

^^

• One more thing, I put them second on my list tho.

I never said their vocal is bad

• that's why I ask for better Live vocal of ningning

the first video is definitely not Live

If I put your second video in this post, it will be unfair because all other main vocal has at least 1 minute clip

the third is basically the same clips I use right? why you debate using my material.

^^

the first one is live

clearly you can't even differenciate live vocals and not live vocals

you should stop acting like you know anything about vocal, you're becoming embarassing af

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• the first one is live

clearly you can't even differenciate live vocals and not live vocals

you should stop acting like you know anything about vocal, you're becoming embarassing af

this clip is published on aespa official youtube, long after she sang that song, obviously not a Live Show

I dont care if she really is singing there. It has to be singing Live at Live show. Plus, you dont know what kind of edit the company did to the clip

• this clip is published on aespa official youtube, long after she sang that song, obviously not a Live Show

I dont care if she really is singing there. It has to be singing Live at Live show. Plus, you dont know what kind of edit the company did to the clip

well first of all you can't edit a supported sound. u can only do so much like add reverb, echo, pitchcorrect, harmonize, etc. but u can't fake a supported / strained sound. Even if you say that's not LIVE, that fact won't change. Once you've hit a supported sound, whether live or recorded, that's already within your supported range. It's just a matter of consistency on your lives.

For that matter, a singer as great as Wendy oftentimes don't project/space her voice much on small studio/jamming sessions but that doesn't change the fact that she CAN and still is healthy as compared to her peers.

• So you LOWKEY admit Aespa is THAT good even you can't believe it :pepe-smug:

Yep, a good little progress I guess :pepe-toast:

• So you LOWKEY admit Aespa is THAT good even you can't believe it :pepe-smug:

Yep, a good little progress I guess :pepe-toast:

too-good-to-be-true doesnt mean they are THAT good tho. It means good for their live vocal. that why I have to wait a little longer for more of their live. but still, they are second best live vocal rookie

• too-good-to-be-true doesnt mean they are THAT good tho. It means good for their live vocal. that why I have to wait a little longer for more of their live. but still, they are second best live vocal rookie

Too good to be true usually used to say something so good is sound almost unbelievable

Whether you use the wrong idioms or maybe you acknowledge it in your heart but you don't want to admit it upfront

Idk your true intentions, but please don't be shy it's totally OK to admit it honestly :pepe-flirt:

• too-good-to-be-true doesnt mean they are THAT good tho. It means good for their live vocal. that why I have to wait a little longer for more of their live. but still, they are second best live vocal rookie

You've been respectful in your approach so it could be a genuine misunderstanding, We are here to tell you the girls are that good. I don't know if any BM music shows have been live, but this is why SM released forever to let them sing live to silence all the hate. The proofs is as clear as day. BM wasn't supposed to show off vocals but their dance, Forever is clearly supposed to show off the vocals, I think they aced both. Now you know the truth and your response is it's not the same because forever is a ballad and not dance heavy? who cares what type of song it is so long as their vocally excelling, I rather take a ballad where they sound good and dance a little, not just sat there, than a dance song where they sound like they're screaming and straining their vocals any day

:pepe-toast:

Edited 3 times, last by evo-evolution ().

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!