Recommend me some new anime shows/movies

• Attack On Titan Season 4 is going to end soon and afterwards I'll have nothing anime related to look forward to. I've watched all of the popular animes already and some shows that aren't so popular but still won't be making a new season in a while. I've liked anime for ages now so I've seen A LOT of things already.

Give me something new and fresh.. I will react with sunglasses if I've already watched the anime. Otherwise, I will add it to my watchlist.

:pepelove2:

• cherryshiii

Changed the title of the thread from “Recommend me some new animes” to “Recommend me some new anime shows/movies”.
  • I have a lot of animes I recommend:

1. Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, good plot & animations are sleek af

2. Rising of the Shield Hero, good plot & cute anime girls

3. Kakegurui, a crazy gambling bitch

4. Goblin Slayer

5. Tsuredure Children, wholesome love anime w/ different couples' perspectives

• If you haven't watched Cowboy Bebop, what are you doing with your life?

But assuming you have, an oldie-but-goodie is Great Teacher Onizuka, whose art style isn't for everyone and can be jarring at first (and you have to be patient through the first through episodes, but it GROWS). It's humorous.

Last Exile was flawed, but worth watching.

Ancient Magus' Bride is very good.

Chihayafuru is has a premise that sounds odd, but is actually REALLY good, both for art and character development.

• I've seen Cowboy Bebop and Last Exile. But the others I will add to my watchlist.

• I just write down the animes I wanna watch on a piece of paper.

I like genres similar to Death Note. Romance and comedy would be good. Maybe not so much shounen animes since they're generic (A few really good ones though.. not all bad)

If you liked the mind games aspect of DN and don't mind the art style, I recommend Kaiji and Akagi. They are more like gambling themed, but it's more about mind games. On the same note, One Outs is of similar vibe. Although it's a baseball anime, it's not really about sports.

Maybe check other works from the same author like Bakuman. It's not exactly the same genre, but it is interesting. From the same artist, there is Hikaru no Go. It's about Go, but it's more a coming of age drama/mystery (for the POV of the characters, not ours).

Mushishi is more like folk mystery, supernatural storytelling with a very interesting world.

School Rumble is a high school romance comedy. Dunno if you already checked, if not it was popular at the time, but now it's kinda getting forgotten.

One relative recent one I like is Houseki no Kuni. It has some action, but it's more philosophical with a beautiful setting and premise.

One of my favorites is the first series of Kino no Tabi. It's also philosophical and about exploring unique places.

There are lot of good recommendations given already. I guess this is fine.

What about obscure stuff, old animes (80s/90s/00s) and other genres like slice-of-life?

• If you like comedy and cute and pretty anime girls I highly recommend Boku Wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, it's also called Haganai for whatever reason. Have you already watched it? It's a harem anime about a bunch of students who have no friends so they make a group to get along and of course there's only one boy (supposedly..) among them. There's a bit of ecchi and fetishization even though it's not to the point it feels disturbing, but I'm already warning beforehand lol. Despite the flaws I think it's pretty funny (usually I hate harem genre).

Kengan Ashura is also hilarious and full of plot twists, it's about fighting but honestly even if you dislike that it's still entertaining af. I'm not a fan of action but the show is really fun. Every single character is a parody of another popular anime character.

Tbh I haven't been that much into anime lately, but these two I definitely enjoyed. If you want another epic and dark show like AoT and Death Note you might want to check Sweet Home even though it's a live action show. Pretty cool and fun to watch and it's an adaptation of a webtoon. You probably already heard about it.

I wish I could recommend a good suspense one like Death Note but my mind is blank rn lol.

I'll let you know if I remember more!

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I'm just going recommend the anime which I currently watching, it's the latest anime.

1.Yuru Camp season 2 (slice of life, comedy, foods)

a97593288351fc5513d65d1e4aa77554.jpg

2. Non non biyori season 3 (slice of life, comedy, friendship)

98e5074bafd907983e505c0134a5be2f.jpg

3. Urusekai picnic (horror, mystery, action)

5fce5be5ab2b66b7048e87476a2d9a8a.jpg

4. Horimiya (romance, comedy, slice of life)

horimiya-2-e1608146175627.jpg

5. Higurashi no naku koro ni 2020 (horror, mystery, psychological)

33577003f8d01f2f01c47c9dbc7c66a0.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!