Just a question to EXO-L

• those are their stage names? it's not like it's specifically an exo-l thing. people call j-hope, j-hope, even though his name is hoseok. people call young k, young k, even though his real name is younghyun. people call key, key, even though his real name is kibum.

Thats not it or do people call them Jung J-Hope and Kang Young K ?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Everyone knows their names are Xang Yixing and Kim Jeongin but why do you all call them Lay Xang and Kim Kai ?

Jongin

I don't really know why they are called that way, although Yixing's username on IG is layzhang and I don't know if Kai has called himself Kim Kai or if it is something fans call them.

those are their stage names? it's not like it's specifically an exo-l thing. people call j-hope, j-hope, even though his name is hoseok. people call young k, young k, even though his real name is younghyun. people call key, key, even though his real name is kibum.

and it's zhang yixing and kim jongin btw

Yes. Lay is Zhang Yixing and Kai is Kim Jongin. But I guess you figured that out already.

And I don't really know but I have noticed that EXO themselves call each other by their real names rather than their stage names most of the times. Maybe the fans caught up with that.

I do remember having a lot of trouble knowing who they were talking about when I first got into the fandom because fans would use their real names rather than the stage names.

And when EXO cheers on each other on concerts or play games they tend to use their real and stage names indifferently. So it can get confusing.

And you didn't ask but these are the real names of the EXO members

Xiumin - Kim Minseok

Suho - Kim Junmyeon

Chen - Kim Jongdae

D.O. - Do Kyungsoo

You already know Kai's and Lay's. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun go by their real names. Just to avoid furhter confusion.

• those are their stage names.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Everyone knows their names are Xang Yixing and Kim Jeongin but why do you all call them Lay Xang and Kim Kai ?

We don't usually call him Kim Kai though. We mostly call him Kai, Jongin or with his nickname Nini.

Kim Kai is sometimes used as a joke (reference 'yeokshi Kim Kai'-Exo next door)

And we usally call just Lay or Yixing not Lay Zhang

Zhang is his surname and Lay is his his stage name as you know :D He uses Zhang Yixing in China. Lay in Exo activities. But Lay Zhang on international platform.

His twitter account is Layzhang

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

His studio is Layzhang studio

He and everyoe calls him Lay Zhang :D

• Are you asking why people prefer using the stage name instead of real name? Kai is a good name isn’t it why we we use it. Plus Kai likes the name as well. Even his niece and nephew call him Kai-chun. It’s just very iconic. If you mean Kim Kai in particular as in why do we used his surname along with it that’s how he and the exo’s refer to him as well. Like Kai is such an intrinsic part of jongin that it’s like his fist name. Fans, exos everyone calls him Kim Kai.

Same with Lay Zhan. ‘Lay’ is like his first name.

• Oh no Kim Kai is how I always refer to him. Even many fan sites call him Kim Kai and even exo’s and his friends call him Kim Kai no. Kai is like his first name because that’s how much people use it.

For Lay and Kai their stage names are used so much it’s like their first name. We don’t do it for Xiumin or Chen tho.

• It depends, sometimes I call them by their real name, sometimes I call them by their stage name.

I feel more comfortable calling them by their stage names for some reason, the only one whose real name I use more is Kyungsoo and that's because D.O. doesn't sound as good to my ears as Kyungsoo :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!