In case you missed previous The Boyz Introduction threads:
SANGYEON - LEE SANG YEON
Position: Leader, Main Vocal
Birthday: November 4, 1996
Height: 176 cm
Sangyeon is the oldest member of The Boyz, a leader and main vocal. Let's get to know him better.
- Sangyeon is the youngest in his family, he has an older sister, that has two little sons. He's the sweetest uncle and his nephews adore him. He's also very close with his sister, who is 8 years older than him. She made a blogpost on Pann about him, when he was 16, to brag about her good looking little brother, that made her a meal for her birthday while their parents were away. She even added his photos, along with photos of a meal and a cake that he prepared for her. Reading her post, it's very apparent, how close the two of them must be. She also said, both of them are very self-sufficient, watching their mom working hard.
- Although Sangyeon is the youngest child in his family, he's the oldest in the group. He's the gentle, reliable and fun older brother to the members.
- He's very positive person. He's also very sociable and make friends easily.
- He might look a bit serious at first glance, but he's a very soft person.
- Even thugh Sangyeon is the fun and very laid-back person, it's visible how much members respect him and care for him. They are always praising his hard-working nature.
- He's a very selfless person. He always puts the team first and want's every member to get some attention. His biggest wish is the success of The Boyz. For him doing means, that they got to the charts and that people in different age groups would be able to tell who they are.
- Even though, age-hierarchy is very much a part of Korean culture, Sangyeon says, that for The Boyz it feels, like they are all friends (i.e. same age). He says, there is not much separation between older and younger members and that's probably one of the reasons why they have this peaceful enviroment.
- Instead of 'leader' he was actually named as the 'class president'. He explained this as: because there is many members, the company wanted to ease the burden of a leader, to share what they need to do among the members and also because their team atmosphere is like class.
- When they have their '5 minute talks' (when the team gathers to talk, sometimes it can last for hours), Sangyeon listens to everyone's opinions and organizes discussion.
If there is something hard or difficult, he tries to solve it himself, because he doesn't want the members to feel burdened and shaken. He says if it's something really difficult, he tells it to Hyunjae a little bit, otherwise he tends to solve it by himself.
- Vocal analysis coach describes Sangyeon as the one that uses his voice the most efficiently in his range in The Boyz. He's vocal is very balanced, very forward and has a lot of projection, he uses his sound to maintain it all the way through.
- He's writing and producing his own songs. He's very hard-working and dedicated.
Sangyeon's Boylog - spending the day with his nephews
Members testing leader's patience - this video is funny, but also shows how much are all the members comfortable with their leader, and how much they love and care about him (well Eric really enjoys teasing him haha)
King of Masked Singer - Sangyeon performed on the show as 'fireplace'
Sangyeon's cover of John Park's 'Childlike'
Sangyeon's cover of Sting's 'Shape of My Heart'
Sangyeon's cover of Baek Yerin 'Maybe it's Not Our Fault'
Sangyeon's cover of Crush's 'fall'
Sangyeon's Danger FANCAM - he's also a very good performer overall - that's how good of a dancer and performer The Boyz main vocal and leader is, it tells a lot about the level of performance of this group
Sangyeon's Reveal FANCAM
Sangyeon - Day off - this is the song Sangyeon written and produced. It's such a nice song, it showcases him as singer, rapper, writer and producer
Did you know Sangyeon also writes and produces his own songs?
Was there something new you learned about The Boyz leader?
Today's song recommendation are two songs from The Start album:
Get it and Text me Back