First, she says "I'm never coming down," but then just right after that she says "Everything I need is on the ground". So what is it?

• So what is it-- you want to be up there, or you want to be down here? Either it's an oversight or it's a matter of convenience (to glorify lost souls like Lucifer). Either way, I'm not having it.

• I worked my whole life.....just to be like 'look at me I'm never coming down'

..now i realize everything i need is on the ground

She worked her whole life with an ambition to get to the top and never come down again. But now she realizes that everything she needs is on the ground.

Isn't that it?

• Then why is she still glorifying material ambition in "Look at me: I'm never coming down," which is situated in the present tense ("I AM never coming down" rather than "I WAS never coming down") other than to say she is still lost in materialism because her yearning of things "on the ground" is based in false humility.

• So what is it-- you want to be up there, or you want to be down here? Either it's an oversight or it's a matter of convenience (to glorify lost souls like Lucifer). Either way, I'm not having it.

One of the things about kpop songs, they sound nice when I can't understand them, then when I find some English translated lyrics, I think, well this sounds pretty dumb.

lol

• Isn't she just talking about the sacrifices she makes on the way to fame/success.

Then why is she still glorifying material ambition in "Look at me: I'm never coming down," which is situated in the present tense ("I AM never coming down" rather than "I WAS never coming down") other than to say she is still lost in materialism because her yearning of things "on the ground" is based in false humility.

"Look at me: I was never coming down" doesn't seem right.

• Then why is she still glorifying material ambition in "Look at me: I'm never coming down," which is situated in the present tense ("I AM never coming down" rather than "I WAS never coming down") other than to say she is still lost in materialism because her yearning of things "on the ground" is based in false humility.

It's called Direct Speech. The amount of reach people do to troll.

I don't know if you're being serious about this or not....but it ain't that deep of a song...

I believe the meaning of the song is as simple as lyrics go.....

• Did you even read the line before that?

"I worked my whole life just to get high, just to be like: 'look at me I'm never coming down'" Meaning she worked hard to get to the top. In the past tense, not the present.

And then she says "I worked my whole life just to get high, just to realise: Everything I need is on the ground"

Meaning that after she had achieved that top spot in the previous line, she is hit with realisation and realises that what she needs is on the ground.

Stop twisting lyrics without understanding the context behind them.

• Its a troll thread and yes ur correct

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!