Some kpop fans and their dumb hate against BIG3

• Hi B!!! We are back by popular demand! Kkkkk please stay in the topic which is the HATE idols from big3 get just for being in the big3.

We are not talking about talent, hardship or their mothers! We are talking about the illogical hate. Let's not be dumb and have this thread locked again :clown:

• Companies trainees are like students in a classroom, they will never be unanimous. There will be students who will get top marks, but there will be students who will not do well. This does not mean that students who did not do well are stupid, as there may be requirements that they will do better than others. Talent is abstract, we cannot generalize that Big 3 trainees are more talented than non Big 3 trainees and vice versa. There will be talented people in all companies at different levels and in different aspects.

• superyeah why was my post trashed tho? I thought that was also relevant to the topic as well in terms of the Harvard argument.

I wrote an essay for it :pepe-cut:

^^ The one that's been marked as "Best Answer" is still there. I'm not sure which one you're talking about, but if you made another post that got trashed, it was likely that it contained a quote from a post that I also removed.

• What??? It was my BEST ANSWER!! Did you save your essay? Post again and without quoting anyone or just quoting my harvard comment and i will make it my best answer again kkkkkk :pepegrin:

Nope I didn’t :waterr:. I wrote it on the spot. I’m lazy to type it out again, but it was weird since it was sticking to the topic. superyeah I didn’t mind you deleting the rest of the posts but not the essasy since it sticked to the topic and was responding to the user :pepecry:

Tzuyu #1 on Melon goddess chart

Tell me what you want tell me what you need

• Jfc, people have no idea what "big 3 privilege" means. It means that as soon as a big-3 group debuts, they get instant industry connections, modeling offers, ad offers, show offers, fans, they get the resources of the company behind them. THAT'S what the privilege is. So everyone talking about how hard it is to audition in a big-3 group can shut up, you are not part of this conversation.

It exists, it's insidious. It supports groups that make no music with modeling or acting offers instead. It doesn't mean you have to hate the groups, or the members. But hating the system? I see no issues with that, it's a hypocritical system that supports companies that in turn abuse their power toward trainees in exchange for making content/money for the company. Go ahead, hate the system, everyone knows its a bad one. But people keep giving it money so...

• Jin was picked based on his looks. Does that mean he's less talented that the other members of BTS?

She said that being scouted on their looks means they aren't talented. If it doesn't apply to Jin then it doesn't apply to other groups either.

Jin was studying acting in university and he was scouted for the position of an actor, that's what he auditioned for too in BH. Later he switched to BTS because he had the skills to and because the group needed him.

The fact that he trained with BTS, did their insane choreo (BTS are considered the group with the most intense performances) without dragging the group down, sang beautifully n his honey voice, composed songs (the first out of vocal line), acted in MVs and other videos (because BTS have a whole BU going on). It was his hard work and multifaceted skill set (topped with a handsome face) that helped him earn a spot in the group, already filled with exceptionally talented individuals.

So, no... he is no less talented than any other BTS member, but a whole successful artist.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

Closed the thread.

Moved the thread to the trash: Sorry, just had to .
  • Jin was studying acting in university and he was scouted for the position of an actor, that's what he auditioned for too in BH. Later he switched to BTS because he had the skills to and because the group needed him.

The fact that he trained with BTS, did their insane choreo (BTS are considered the group with the most intense performances) without dragging the group down, sang beautifully n his honey voice, composed songs (the first out of vocal line), acted in MVs and other videos (because BTS have a whole BU going on). It was his hard work and multifaceted skill set (topped with a handsome face) that helped him earn a spot in the group, already filled with exceptionally talented individuals.

So, no... he is no less talented than any other BTS member, but a whole successful artist.

Thank you for setting the record straight on Jin.

IMO, all idols have a baseline of above average looks to get accepted (or nepotism in a few cases) no matter the company. Now where that baseline is differs per company, but when we talk about idols, most are far from average. Like it or not, humans are programmed to favor the more attractive of us, that's just a fact.

Are companies more likely to choose a better looking applicant? Yes of course. The endgame is to make a marketable group. But how attractive we think an idol is or isn't (since that is subjective) has no direct correlation on the amount of talent they possess.

As for Big 3 privilege, of course it exists? It's a a bit of a false statement to say people deserve it because of what they had to go through to get there (if I'm reading the OP right). We don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes unless they fill us in on what exactly that was. Am I doubting the people that said it was grueling? Definitely not - but everyone has their own story. In my opinion, these are two separate things and one is not necessarily the consequence of the other. Especially in a society as honor and status driven as South Korea, who you know is often as important as what you know.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!