Sexy Concept GG Appreciation

• It is exactly what the title is

Obviously the first group would have to be our sexy summer queens, everyone knows them if you don't means you are still drinking milk powder. This song started the sexy concept craze in 2012

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And obviously this iconic song

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

NANANANANANANA

How can we forget this iconic dance

Probably the most recent entry in this thread, is our viral hit Rollin

Speaking of Rollin, which Brave Brothers created, they also produced

Also, the most underrated GG of all of KPOP history

The song that propelled EXID to stardom

I know many of you probably don't know Dal Shabet so time to know them

Finally, gonna wrap things up with

• I'm gonna add some more :pepe-excited:

not a group but I have to mention her :pepelove1:

• 2 another songs/groups I forgot to mention :pepelove1:

2 Co-Ed groups :pepe-excited:

• Male-gazey concepts let us appreciate... or not.

"Sexy" for girl groups always feels uncomfortable (also girl crush) because it feels so inauthentic. This is peak "idol". Where it's not people, it's just a concept that a company has plastered on screen.

Women can want to be sexy, sure. But none of the idol videos is just women wanting to be sexy for themselves. The cam shots and directing are SO MALE-GAZE it's cringey. "Women prance and show T+A", revolutionary. Sigh.

• Male-gazey concepts let us appreciate... or not.

"Sexy" for girl groups always feels uncomfortable (also girl crush) because it feels so inauthentic. This is peak "idol". Where it's not people, it's just a concept that a company has plastered on screen.

Women can want to be sexy, sure. But none of the idol videos is just women wanting to be sexy for themselves. The cam shots and directing are SO MALE-GAZE it's cringey. "Women prance and show T+A", revolutionary. Sigh.

noted with thank

• No Secret!? Wtf!?? Like they were number 1 group when it comes to sexy concept.

External Content youtu.be

• this T-ara song also has sexy vibes :pepe-grooving:

• Don't forget,

And the song that was peak sexy concept era, and symbolic for how far the concept was taken.

(the Stellar girls' company even wanted them to take it further, but the girls refused, it was already uncomfortable enough for them)

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• And some more Hyuna,

:-)

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I will always appreciate Miss A:

Bad Girl, Good Girl

Good-Bye Baby

• THANK YOU

Hyuna for me always will be the queen of sexy concept!

I miss sexy concept both for ggs and bgs :( I expect them to make a cb in the future :peperain:

nowadays I think something like troublemaker would not happen... this world at this moment... ITSG :pepenomad:

• THANK YOU

Hyuna for me always will be the queen of sexy concept!

I miss sexy concept both for ggs and bgs :( I expect them to make a cb in the future :peperain:

nowadays I think something like troublemaker would not happen... this world at this moment... ITSG :pepenomad:

I agree, Hyuna was the one who kept pushing against the boundaries of sexiness that was allowed in SK.

And yeah, male/female interactions and collaborations, which were fairly common in 2nd gen era (with memorable ones as Troublemaker and the 2PM-SNSD Cabi collab) have become a rarity since 3rd gen era, unfortunately :oops:

Whoa. I didn't know all those were done by Brave Brothers. Impressive list!

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!