DSP has two successful generation before completely losing their big company title, will this happen again in kpop history?

• First gen- Sechkies, Fin.K.L, Click B

Second gen- SS501, Kara, Rainbow

Third gen- A-jax, April

They really have strong history in shaping kpop just like Sm while Jyp and Yg started their legacy in second gen. But I don't think any current Big 3 will messed up as bad as them. Dsp has everything to become another Sm but fucked their self really bad with all that mistreatment and mismanagement they do towards all their groups. I don't understand how they actually able to destroyed their own legacy this bad with 4 popular groups under their name.

I don't see any big 3 will lost their title at least this soon unless any of them making as huge mistake as Dsp in managing their groups. But who knows what will happen in the future.

• i can see it happening to either jyp or yg. if blackpink disbands and all members leave, theyre gonna have to pray baemon is successful enough for them to retain its big company status. big bang is like slowly disappearing, and treasure, despite being a boygroup, isnt gonna carry the company especially on its own. (i dont think winner comeback frequent enough to be carrying the company either)

jyp has had their groups not performing the best in korea. killing me good/set me free/scientist charted really low and talk that talk charted pretty good, but low for twice standards, and pop charted great. skz has never been the group to chart high in korea. im not that sure for nmixx and itzy, but i think the only song that charted high for nmixx was love me like this. itzy charted really high but then cheshire flopped. i cant recall how well their recent comeback did. ive noticed that whenever the koreans like an itzy song, internation fans hate it and vice versa. however twice and skz have huge international fandoms. i feel jype has just been a mess lately, and if it stays messy like this, i dont know if theyll be a big company

• I do wonder what happened between Kara and Rainbow [As in what happened to the company].

The difference in success between those 2 groups was very large, all with in the same generation.

• Rainbow wasn't a big group though they really only have Kara 2nd gen wise

I just list all their Korean groups. Rainbow have all potential to be as big as Kara, their sales back then not bad at all especially their Japanese released. In 2010 and 2011, their single all doing really well with more than 1 million digital sales.

• I do wonder what happened between Kara and Rainbow [As in what happened to the company].

The difference in success between those 2 groups was very large, all with in the same generation.

The original Dsp ceo got sick in 2010 and need to have surgery so his wife took over the company. That might be one of the reasons why Dsp losing their throne too. But they were also very lucky with Kara because that company really have serious management and strategy issues.

• It’s definitely gonna be a toss up between YG or JYP. YG most likely since Blackpink success is not easy to replicate and seeing the Baby Monster lineup, I just don’t see it happening tbh. Plus with the rumor of G-dragon leaving and joining Warner, YG are set to lose two of their biggest most influential artists right now. They are definitely in an ambiguous position. We will have to wait and see how baemon does.

JYP may have dwindling relevance left in Korea but still have TWICE and Stray Kids internationally, 2 arena/stadium touring acts. However in the future if either group leaves then I can see them following the path of DSP since their newer groups just aren’t making the same impact sales, charts and popularity wise both domestic and international.

The 3rd scenario and most unlikely to happen is SM. Perhaps during the SM-HYBE-Kakao drama this year their future was looking a little ambiguous with LSM money leeching affecting the company and its artists. However with the SM 3.0 implantation we can see they still have a lot of fight left in them. aespa charting well and selling out Tokyo Dome to RIIZE already breaking records as a rookie group so their future is looking very bright and profitable. SM still have other senior acts that can tour huge arenas/domes like Shinee, EXO, NCT 127, NCT Dream and TVXQ. For now SM is safe since their strength is in the diversity of popularity among their roster unlike YG that is heavily reliant on 1 group carrying the company.

Edited 3 times, last by Riveria ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!