Old Kpopies what are the things you thought will never happen in Kpop but it did?

• I saw an old tweet of mine in 2010 where I was 100% certain by saying how even the thought or dreaming of SuperJunior concert in my country is funny and impossible. Now that I look back at it, so much have changed even the impossible have become a norm.

wbu?

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• Yumeku

Changed the title of the thread from “Old Kpopies what are the things you thought will never happen in Kpop but it did” to “Old Kpopies what are the things you thought will never happen in Kpop but it did?”.
  • i'm an old kpoppie compared to some of these other whippersnappers...

but i don't think i was the target of your question

:-)

I mean if you have a history of thinking something was impossible in kpop then it changed completely through time then you’re an old one/the target of my question.

lt64IYu.gif

• I mean if you have a history of thinking something was impossible in kpop then it changed completely through time then you’re an old one/the target of my question.

well i'm old in terms of age but still relatively new in terms of being a kpoppie (2019)

the thing i will say is how much the big groups have grown in the west... they are certainly not houshould names but getting things like a coachella gig and grammy nominations i never thought it was possible

• Same. I’m a senior here and have been following K pop for ten years. The change I’ve noticed is how diverse the groups have become, and doing collabs with western artists which wouldn’t have happened once upon a time.

• I've been into K-pop since I was 13, and now I'm 26. So I've been around for 13 years. Just not always active on Allkpop or the forum.

I never expected that Kpop would get this big at all, like BTS being a grammy nominee. I was also used to GG x BG collabs, 2NE1 and Big Bang, 2PM and SNSD, and nowadays a GG member can't even look at a BG member without getting death threats. And vice versa i guess. The Kpop world has gotten more liberal in some ways, but at the same time even worse.

• Subway transit extending their hours on the night of BTS' concert in 2018. That never happened since H.O.T in 1999 and 2001.

H.O.T's reunion concert in 2018, 17 years after they disbanded.

• The grammy nomination was only a thing existing in delulu fan fictions. Never have I thought that it might be real one day

Seeing BTS in TV shows here. I asked in 2013 someone who was a kpop stan whether she knew bts or not and she said to me she doesn’t know any nugus. How times are changing

• Me talking about kpop and people not looking at me like I’m crazy, but they actually heard about it and BTS. 👀 When I heard BBC1 playing Icecream by BP. I don’t like that song but I was totally bobbing and my man was driving the car just looking at me like I gone crazy. Or when at work the radio played Boy with luv.

• My frnds and colleagues coming up to me and saying how they saw this bts performance, or listened to this bts song.

Like bts comes in our conversations without me bringing it in.

Also everything bts did, I never imagined all these things not in 2015 or 16 or even 2017.

• I'm not a old kpop fan by any mean, but hearing some kpop at H&M was so crazy to me. I was mumbling Ice Cream's lyrics before I even realized that it was actually happening, lol.

• Official Post

A K-Pop group being featured in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!