YG formula

• So I know I'm gonna get some people who agree and some who don't and that's ok. I just want to break down YG's girl group formula

So in 2NE1 we had CL, Bom, Dara and Minzy

In Blackpink we have Lisa, Jisoo, Rose and Jennie

Both groups have 4 members who all fit some basic standards for the same spots

Both groups do the same concept, only BP's version is the 2016 to present version and 2NE1 is old unupdated version

So CL was obviously the main rapper, Bom was main vocalist, Dara was the lead vocal and visual, Minzy was the dancer

In BP, Lisa is main rapper and dancer, Jisoo is vocal and visual, Rose is vocal and dancer, Jennie is rapper and vocal

So we have 4 postions: Main rapper, Main vocal, Dancer and Visual

In 2NE1 CL is the main rapper spot and in BP it's Jennie

In 2NE1 Bom is the main vocal and BP it's Rose

In 2NE1 Dara is the visual and BP it's Jisoo

In 2NE1 Minzy is the dancer and in BP it's Lisa

So to fill in some holes: Because of how modern and big the k industry has become, it's no longer enough to be good at just 1 thing, that won't carry you. Some people say Jennie is a better rapper and while Lisa's official position is the rapper, that's because she's not really a singer. Jennie is listed as a rapper and a vocal because she can actually do both. But their are 2 places that Lisa could be in and only 1 that Jennie can be in, so Lisa is bumped over to be the dancer.

Yes, 2NE1 and BP are different and so are their songs, but the formula is basically the same. 4 girls who seem to be different enough to get along but still be interesting, fitted into roles they are given. I'm not bashing either group in any way, I just was bored and started typing

• I was about to fight you kkkk. But yes, this is a normal and common formula tbh. However it's not easy to achieve success neither I do think that you could apply it to any group and they will automatically be successful.

YGE really did a great job finding such stars! The girls really are charismatic enough to carry this whole scheme kkkk

• I was about to fight you kkkk. But yes, this is a normal and common formula tbh. However it's not easy to achieve success neither I do think that you could apply it to any group and they will automatically be successful.

YGE really did a great job finding such stars! The girls really are charismatic enough to carry this whole scheme kkkk

Your right, the formula itself won't make them automatically successful but that's why there is propaganda and all sorts of business deals

• Baby Monsters 4-member girl-crush confirmed?

Let's hope not, with how big BP became and how kpop has grown worldwide debuting another group with 4 members will brought too many comparisons.

Baemon should have at least 6-7 girls

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!