Can we talk about WHY Toxicity and hate on BTS is so normalized?

• Why? When they lost the grammy's you all were celebrating like you just passed an exam with 100 marks, there were hundereds of hit threads bashing army and BTS, there was a thread where a user posed a tweet without acually reading the tweet which was a RESPONSE tweet to users and a fandom who was joking about how a picture had two grammys and how they looked like they were crying, When army's defended the boys, all they get is "Omg your fandom is so toxic", when we speak up about rumors it's "another army putting this under the rug" when we say something it turns into shade, there is a thread made by a army? "let's look at this with a magnifying glass and see what could be potentially seen as shade".

Why is this so normalized? Why do you all have this kind of hatred and anger against BTS? There was the 2018 thing, there was you all BASHING taehyung's grandmother with DISGUSTING comments and snides. There was even the recent hate that happened calling hobi a horse. I'm so fking done with you all. why are you all so obsessed? that night when BTS didn't get the award all of you kpoppies were celebrating forgetting that BTS is the one carrying this industry, BTS is the one who is giving publicity.

~IF WE LIVE FAST LET US DIE YOUNG~

~Jiminie, V, hard work, Namjoonie, Hope, hard work, Yoongi hyung, Jjin, hard work, Jungkookie, everyone so thanks~

• Okay I'm prepared for the hatred and I'm an army myself. But social media Army had it coming. Hopefully this loss will humble them. BTS deserved a grammy tho.

And this is what I'm talking about, you all use the excuse, "I'm an army myself" But what kind of army allows BTS to be dragged? You guys say army had it coming but have you seen the comments and hate that went to BTS? What's wrong with defending the boys?

~Jiminie, V, hard work, Namjoonie, Hope, hard work, Yoongi hyung, Jjin, hard work, Jungkookie, everyone so thanks~

• People just like to hate what's popular :wellr:

:pepe-tea:

Stream the grammy nominated song dynamite

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And this is what I'm talking about, you all use the excuse, "I'm an army myself" But what kind of army allows BTS to be dragged? You guys say army had it coming but have you seen the comments and hate that went to BTS? What's wrong with defending the boys?

You can be a fan and admit some of your fellow fans/stans are toxic. They were like Gaga's Little Monsters during her Fame-fame Monster era level of toxicity.

• You can be a fan and admit some of your fellow fans/stans are toxic. They were like Gaga's Little Monsters during her Fame-fame Monster era level of toxicity.

but what I'm talking about is you all call out army when they defend the boys, it's like you look at any army tweet or post with magnified glasses but when it's another fandom all of a sudden it's okay, it's just a couple of bad apples and they were only defending their faves.

• but what I'm talking about is you all call out army when they defend the boys, it's like you look at any army tweet or post with magnified glasses but when it's another fandom all of a sudden it's okay, it's just a couple of bad apples and they were only defending their faves.

I love the Army members on here. But the ones on Twitter are trolls at this point. It's bigger than them defending BTS.

• Okay I'm prepared for the hatred and I'm an army myself. But social media Army had it coming. Hopefully this loss will humble them. BTS deserved a grammy tho.

Social media Army is not 1 person..gosh you people need to get over this narrative seeing how all fandoms are equally toxic. Pathetic.

• :pepe-tea:

Stream the grammy nominated song dynamite

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yep :pepemusic:

• OP can you please stop making such threads? I knkw your intention may not be bad but this forum is not prepraed for this discussion amd this is already turning into another free for all bash Army fest.

Mods will also not close this thread and you just gave the ones who hate on Armys and BTS another opportunity to indulge in their favorite hobby.

• What accounts are you even following to label atleast 2mn active twitter BTS fans as trolls?

Mainly the Youtube ones in the comments. Like when BLACKPINK had released How you like that; several trolls (who claimed they were Army) were spamming the comments and freezing the views

• I love the Army members on here. But the ones on Twitter are trolls at this point. It's bigger than them defending BTS.

You are generalizing a whole fandom and once again same narrative," the army's on twiter are bad", then it's going to be all army's are toxic and don't call out their fandom, then you all have every right to "discipline us" and "call us out".

Just a post note, army's are more than 1 person, they're millions.

• Mainly the Youtube ones in the comments. Like when BLACKPINK had released How you like that; several trolls (who claimed they were Army) were spamming the comments and freezing the views

Are you for real? firstly that is not twitter secondly those accounts spammed BTS MVs too. They are not even fans of either groups. You need to remove your Blink glasses while looking at Armys. Claiming you are an Army is not it.

• You are generalizing a whole fandom and once again same narrative," the army's on twiter are bad", then it's going to be all army's are toxic and don't call out their fandom, then you all have every right to "discipline us" and "call us out".

Just a post note, army's are more than 1 person, they're millions.

I hope you didn't take offense with what I said, apologies if u were offended.

• OP can you please stop making such threads? I knkw your intention may not be bad but this forum is not prepraed for this discussion amd this is already turning into another free for all bash Army fest.

Mods will also not close this thread and you just gave the ones who hate on Armys and BTS another opportunity to indulge in their favorite hobby.

I'm sorry, it's just I got annoyed with people always genrilzing everything with magnifeyed glasses and eyes :boredr:

I suppose I should stop reasoning with them. :sweatr:

• When it comes from K-pop stans, my guess is that a lot of it is repressed anger against ARMYs, not necessarily the group itself.

But because BTS is the face of K-pop right now and one of the few mainstream representations of Asian multimedia across the world, they will receive the brunt of shit from Western music stans, Western news media, and all sorts of underhanded comments about their looks and fanbase. Just about the superficial aspects.

Even just a cursory look into their backgrounds and music will show that BTS is not a one-dimensional girl attractor like people are inclined to think.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• When it comes from K-pop stans, my guess is that a lot of it is repressed anger against ARMYs, not necessarily the group itself.

But because BTS is the face of K-pop right now and one of the few mainstream representations of Asian multimedia, they will receive the brunt of shit from Western music stans, Western news media, and all sorts of backhanded comments about their looks and fanbase. Just about the superficial aspects.

Even just a cursory look into their backgrounds and music will show that BTS is not a one-dimensional girl attractor like people are inclined to think.

So you are blaming Armys then?

• Meh, everything that's popular gets normalized hate, it doesn't mean it's ok to some extent but to each their own. People focus too much on the negativity and ignore the positive ( or brag tf out of it ) this is just the same as 1D and justin bieber imo :pepepizza: they all got bashed but it didn't affect their popularity, it was also kind of normalized but ehh :pepepizza:

duck_knife Discord & Slack Emoji

stab >: (

• I'm sorry, it's just I got annoyed with people always genrilzing everything with magnifeyed glasses and eyes :boredr:

I suppose I should stop reasoning with them. :sweatr:

You never ask why BTS is hated. It's known but people will just shrug it off as projection.

Anyone with eyes and bare minimum critical thinking skills that doesn't illogically hate the sight of them will see.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You never ask why BTS is hated. It's known but people will just shrug it off as projection.

Anyone with eyes and bare minimum critical thinking skills that doesn't illogically hate the sight of them will see.

I guess so, I just get fustrated sometimes with everything :pepe-comfy:

• As long as fandoms keep fighting this will always happen. It doesn't matter if it's BTS, Blackpink, or a group that just debuted. Rival fandoms will always mock each other. The more a fandom fights with other fandoms the more haters they will have.

• I hope you didn't take offense with what I said, apologies if u were offended.

You said you are glad BTS lost just so Armys come to the ground..lmao. You all are just, I am out of words.

And this isn't the first person I have seen on here say that they are happy BTS lost, so shameless and pathetic.

What does the fandom have to do with anything

By this logic gaga and ari shouldnt have received that award since their fanbase is filled with racist people

• What is it with you BTS fans and your obsession with making BTS out to be some kind of oppressed victims? These boys are globally famous multi-millionaires with teams dedicated to making sure they're happy and have everything they've ever wanted. Every single celebrity on this planet faces criticism. That's part of the package.

Have y'all ever stepped back and thought that maybe you guys are the problem? You guys are viciously nasty to every other KPOP group and fandom for virtually no reason. Whenever another KPOP group tries to break into America, you attack them and make fun of them for trying, telling them to stick to promoting in Korea. And then you turn around and cry about the xenophobia BTS faces. Whenever another KPOP group accomplishes something or breaks a record, you people criticism them and drag them. You're constantly talking down on KPOP, saying that BTS is more than KPOP and better than KPOP, all while also trying to pretend like you care about cultural insensitivity? What? When Lady Gaga won that Grammy on Sunday, I saw you guys making jokes about how she was raped when she was younger.

You guys can be very, very vile, and you don't realize how much damage you're doing to BTS and their brand. When you attack someone online with a BTS profile picture, the person you're attacking associates that attack with BTS, not with you personally.

What does the fandom have to do with anything

By this logic gaga and ari shouldnt have received that award since their fanbase is filled with racist people

And the BTS Army is filled with racists and homophobes. Ya'll can't cry about "Generalizing a fandom" and then generalize another fandom. This is what I mean when it comes to hypocrisy. You guys love to throw stones when you live in glass houses.

The difference is, though, that Gaga and Ariana have called their fans out for being disgusting. BTS just continues to let it happen without saying anything.

But because BTS is the face of K-pop right now and one of the few mainstream representations of Asian multimedia across the world, they will receive the brunt of shit from Western music stans, Western news media, and all sorts of underhanded comments about their looks and fanbase. Just about the superficial aspects.

But if it's against army's, My question is why bash the group than? If I'm being honest most army's just make meme's and joke around, they support the boys and e.c.t. it's the kpoppies who come and atack them every chance they get, this weekend being a perfect example.

• This thread contains 459 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!