How do you deal with people that spread rumours about you?

• Advice? 10

1. They keep talking, I keep walking (3) 30%
    2. Clarify with friends and family (4) 40%
    3. Confront them. (3) 30%

In a normal social setting, like getting groceries or chilling at a wedding and they constantly bring it up or they spread rumours.

Whatever achievement I have they wanna brand it as a lie, whatever I didn't do they repeat it soo many times that it becomes the truth. Since it's a small town these kids tell their parents and then they tell everyone. It was the most traumatising period of my life I still struggle to forget because of them. Jfc I can't believe they are still spreading bs about me 7 years later.

Desbundar

• confront them with high volume voice, that many people can hear you, maybe during some break or something

if you can do this and clearly say "stop spreading some stupid shit about me, when you don't even know me, which one of you created this plot?"

if people will see that they can't properly answer you then no one will care about what they are saying anymore

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A popular German song from 2008 has a very usefull message

I will translate the whole song for you (and IDC if there are allready English translations online...)

The song is called "Lasse redn" ( = let them talk)

Did you done things that otherwise nobody does?

Do you own high shoes or even a hat?

Or did you wore a too short dress without asking your neighbors for permission?

Now they punish you with contempt

Now you are a disgrace for the entire neighborhood

You don't even know their names while they gossip about you

Let the people talk and don't listen to them

Most people don't have anything better to do

Let the people talk at day and even at night

Let the people talk, they allways did this

You surly robbed a bank?

How else could you be even able to pay your rent?

And you're not allowed to the United States anymore cause you are the afair of Osama Bin Laden

Do you shave your lady's beard each day?

Or did you buried some corpse in your garden?

The neighbors have implied something so don't be amazed if the police rings your bell soon

Let the people talk and don't listen to them

Most people don't have anything bad in their mind

It's their monotonous life that tortures them

And the day gets better when you tell fairy tales

And probably they arn't even ashamed about it

They don't have any insight for it

And again it shows that they are petty, unavoidable and xenophobic

Did you heard and did you knew that you earn your money with prostitution?

Apparently you mostly stay in front of the bus station

The collegue of a brother in law recently saw you

Let the people talk and smile with them

Most people got their knowledge from the BILD (most trashy newspaper in Germany)

And it (the BILD) contains out of fear, hate, boobs and the weather forcast

Let the people talk and how it is as long they have something to talk they don't do anything worse

And you can afford a little bit hypocrisy

Stay polite and don't talk

This annoys them the most

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Serendipity2000

Another song I can think off that really suits this topic:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I let them talk cause they are talking about ME and i barely even know who they are. So ive already won. I just cant help it that i live rent free in nobodies head.

• It's messed up and it says way more about their toxicity and miserable attitude than it does about you. I recommend clarifying with friends and family and try to distance yourself from people who are spreading the rumor.

Honestly, do all three options. Confront them. Let them know it's not cool to spread false rumors. If they continue, stay confident and stay strong. Do what you have to do and don't let anyone stop you from being happy. Talk to your friends and family about it to clear things up. They know how rumors and drama go.

In the long run, these things don't really matter much. Pursue your dreams and don't dwell on something that wasn't your fault.

Desbundar

• Thanks a lot!!!! I loved it so much. :lover2::lover2::lover2:

I teared up reading it ngl.

Serendipity2000

Another song I can think off that really suits this topic:

This feels like a warm hug I needed... You seriously made my day <3 Thank you!

Desbundar

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!