Who are your favourite book characters?

• Who are some of your favourite main characters in books and why?

I’ll start

For me I really love Poirot from Agatha Christie books

He is super smart and his little grey cells never cease to amaze me

• Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights, he's the embodiment of dramatic tragic antiheroes

Omg really

I have complicated feelings about him

On one hand I feel so sorry for the way he grew up and what he had to endure

But the person he became is just no

And that's why I agree and think he's one of the best antiheroes

• He's annoying and toxic af but at the same time extremely relatable to me.. i also can be jealous, possessive, vengenful and blind to reason when it comes to love. But i really hated his ass especially for what he did to Edgar's sister just out of pettiness.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I also love Agatha Christie's books. But my favorite character is Jane Marple, she's a meddlesome old lady, but I wish I have half of her sharp brain when I'm growing old and solve the murder cases :teeheek:

When I was in high school, I was reading Yoshikawa Eiji's book 'Musashi', about the life of samurai Miyamoto Musashi. I guess the fact that how devoted a samurai with his pride, it's impressive. Even until his last battle with other great samurai Sasaki Kojiro. So he might be also my favorite character.

img.gif

Edited once, last by Nakayuki ().

• He's annoying and toxic af but at the same time extremely relatable to me.. i also can be jealous, possessive, vengenful and blind to reason when it comes to love. But i really hated his ass especially for what he did to Edgar's sister just out of pettiness.

That’s true

It’s like there’s a bit if Heathcliff in all of us sometimes

Yeah that was horrendous

And then how he treated his own son too just wow

• I also love Agatha Christie's books. But my favorite character is Jane Marple, she's a meddlesome old lady, but I wish I have half of her sharp brain when I'm growing old and solve the murder cases :teeheek:

When I was in high school, I was reading Yoshikawa Eiji's book 'Musashi', about the life of samurai Miyamoto Musashi. I guess the fact that how devoted a samurai with his pride, it's impressive. Even until his last battle with other great samurai Sasaki Kojiro. So he might be also my favorite character.

Omg I wanted to mention Miss Marple too

She’s the old lady I aspire to be tbh

She acc makes me excited to grow old and become a prying sleuth that everyone thinks is harmless

Ooh that sounds interesting

I’ll have to give that a read

• Omg I wanted to mention Miss Marple too

She’s the old lady I aspire to be tbh

She acc makes me excited to grow old and become a prying sleuth that everyone thinks is harmless

She makes me want to live in St.Mary Mead. What happened in that peaceful village? Because Miss Marple always connecting the cases on every incidents or just casual comments in her village, her deeper realization about true nature of crimes is remarkable:happyr:

While Marple is a gentle-nice old lady that we're expecting give us warm chocolate and cookies, Hercule Poirot is the opposite :angryr:

He's well respected, a little bit arrogant. While I read the book, I'm imagining him talking in heavy Belgian accent while twisting his moustache and observing people around him :teeheek:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!