Do you agree with this stan twitter opinion?

• I really do think this is a problem among new fans mainly 4th gen

They claim mistreatment when an idol doesnt appear on new content in 5 days

Then when the said idol has to take a break due to exhaustion and health problems they claim abuse

The constant demand for content among new fans is crazy and pushing companies to overwork idols even more

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• True.

Also sometimes I felt guilty when asking something since it's not just about the idol's wellbeing, but also the whole crew and staffs that are working behind the camera...

The idols may had a 18 hour/day of shooting, but the crew also had the same, often times, more since they need to prepare things before the shoot and packing up things after.

• True.

Also sometimes I felt guilty when asking something since it's not just about the idol's wellbeing, but also the whole crew and staffs that are working behind the camera...

The idols may had a 18 hour/day of shooting, but the crew also had the same, often times, more since they need to prepare things before the shoot and packing up things after.

the staff can take shifts but idols cannot

overall the content demand is draining on everyone

• 3rd gen fans already have this mindset long ago though lol, if they don't come out with new content it means they are lazy or can't be bothered to do anything with fans so they don't love their fans...

After news of their fave taking a break due to health issue they go ''Fuck this company, my fave are the one paying your bills you better fucking treat them right''... Then their fave come back growing abit rounder and they go again ''Fuck you, are you enjoying your life so much without your fans that you eat so much during your break, I hope the company kick you out''...

• the staff can take shifts but idols cannot

Well yeah.

Also the thing that I notices from my several favs is, they all look happy and feel more motivated whenever they had a chance to finished or go home early.

Even tho they are shooting a variety or game shows or any contents, even if that contents are shooted outdoor like in jeju or other countries, if they got a chance to finished early, they will take it. Because in the end, all of that are still a work.

Their rest time is when they took off that mic ^^

• I don't think they blame abuse they blame company for overworking their idols for it to get to that point.

I don't think 4th generation has any more or less schedule than previous generations. Yes their schedules wre different but they work all the same tbh.

I mean majority of people would react this way, but from recent examples we do know there are some people who are stuck ups and don't see idols as living and breathing humns.

• I don't think they blame abuse they blame company for overworking their idols for it to get to that point.

I don't think 4th generation has any more or less schedule than previous generations. Yes their schedules wre different but they work all the same tbh.

When I first got into kpop, having 0 updates about an idol for weeks was normal.

Now people like Viva have full blown melt down if their fav doesnt post new tiktok or ig spam on daily basis.

The amount of social media content idols have to film has blown up by 100 folds

• When I first got into kpop, having 0 updates about an idol for weeks was normal.

Now people like Viva have full blown melt down if their fav doesnt post new tiktok or ig spam on daily basis.

I also think it's somewhat because of the idols saturation itself?

Like if you don't move faster/further you will be left behind. Hence many 4th gen stans keep demanding contents (besides to satisfy their needs to see their bias too)

• I also think it's somewhat because of the idols saturation itself?

Like if you don't move faster/further you will be left behind. Hence many 4th gen stans keep demanding contents (besides to satisfy their needs to see their bias too)

it tires the idols all the same

imo smaller more quality content is better than supersaturation of daily spams

• the staff can take shifts but idols cannot

Korea has a 70+ work week.

They work hard. For less money than the idol.

To produce content you only need the idol for a brief period.

The rest is meetings, planning, production, execution, etc.

Everyone works to the bones in Kpop. Except maybe bosses.

• When I first got into kpop, having 0 updates about an idol for weeks was normal.

Compared to when I first got into kpop vs now I don't think any of my favs have any less or more content than before. It is about the same for me. I don't think posting tiktok is the same as guesting on variety show. You have it is different to shoot strong heart for 12+ hours and post one quick tiktok. You also have to admit how physically draining some of the shows idols used to go in the past were, some even resulted in injuries.

So yeah, their activities are different but at the end of the day it seems around the same for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!