How realistic is that some company or entity might be using chart manipulation to try to prevent gidle from getting PAK

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

Vibe charts have been facing some serious chart manipulation allegations

IMG_20230608_112908.jpg

• Vibe is a Naver chart though, what's the incentive for Naver? I don't think there is any love lost between Naver and Kakao which is Ive's parent, i dont see why Naver would conspire with Kakao to keep Ive on top and block Idle.

If it was Melon i could understand sideeyeing Kakao, but even then, i highly doubt anyone cares about fandom things like PAKs lol.

• Basically none as usual. Contrary to what many fans seem to think, companies doesnt really give a shit about any random kpop group song or have it out for them. And especially none outside of fandoms cares about PAK or even know what it is. Its a useless chart that in itself provides no real value, and thus is not used by anyone in real life. Most artists themselfes have no clue about instiz chart or what a PAK is, only thing that matters for anyone in the korean industry is the melon chart.

It also funny they are pleading with instiz to do something, a chart thats been run by interns as an afterthought since its inception in 2010 and who cant even keep a track or correct their own data caused by their faulty systems. If blame is to lay anywhere its completly on instiz chart.

• I think stuff like this is often just incompetence

that said we all know companies move hell and earth to boost their group's numbers with any trick in the book, so I never get why kpop fans believe stuff like this is above them. If they can mediaplay "sold-out" (half filled) arena tours, or 4 million albums sold via fancalls and 1000 photocards and truckloads thrown away, and 50% ad views on YT, they would also do everything to make their group's digitals look better.

• Vibe is a Naver chart though, what's the incentive for Naver? I don't think there is any love lost between Naver and Kakao which is Ive's parent, i dont see why Naver would conspire with Kakao to keep Ive on top and block Idle.

If it was Melon i could understand sideeyeing Kakao, but even then, i highly doubt anyone cares about fandom things like PAKs lol.

Nope, kakao owns everything in this world

• they would also do everything to make their group's digitals look better.

except korean companies rarely ever mediaplay about PAKs - who was the last one who reported on it? they usually just say the generic "all kill on the charts" which refer to real time or daily.

• Basically none as usual. Contrary to what many fans seem to think, companies doesnt really give a shit about any random kpop group song or have it out for them. And especially none outside of fandoms cares about PAK or even know what it is. Its a useless chart that in itself provides no real value, and thus is not used by anyone in real life. Most artists themselfes have no clue about instiz chart or what a PAK is, only thing that matters for anyone in the korean industry is the melon chart.

It also funny they are pleading with instiz to do something, a chart thats been run by interns as an afterthought since its inception in 2010 and who cant even keep a track or correct their own data caused by their faulty systems. If blame is to lay anywhere its completly on instiz chart.

They are the competition, so of course someone cares. Corporations are just tribes of rich people. Their tribalistic nature never changed, just their methods. This is why people can be blacklisted from an entire industry.

Kakao invested 80 million into Cube and are associated with several Cube subsidiaries. If foul play if afoot, it'd likely be a Kakao competitor who's friendly with Naver but seems weird to specifically target gidle.

• They are the competition, so of course someone cares. Corporations are just tribes of rich people. Their tribalistic nature never changed, just their methods. This is why people can be blacklisted from an entire industry.

Yes true, when theres financial gain to be had sure.

Let me rephrase to say nobody gives a shit enough to block any artist from getting a weird achivment from a chart that nobody uses or even know exists outside hardcore fandoms. Especially in this case when its a chart thats not even included in the actual chart that the third party chart is pulling its data from.

Theres nothing to gain from it for anyone, it would actually be a monetary loss to specifically target one song from one group just because of the effort required to make it happen in such a roundabout way. If they really wanted to then they could just modify its ranking on the main chart directly, and if willing to do that why on earth would they allow it to be in #2 rank to begin with?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!