Queencard recording behind the scene: yes all of it was intentional

• I'm the top

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sexy

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But I still don't get it why she changed that. Styling maybe?

• It's a cool video, you really get to see just how detailed Soyeon is, how she knows exactly what she wants. She is clearly the most successful and most talented producer/songwriter in Kpop and it's not even all that close.

But yeah, i cringed so hard when she told the singer to pronounce "card" as "cah". I just can't with this, imagine the outrage if a local singer was familiar with the Korean language and sang Korean lyrics but INTENTIONALLY BUTCHERED THEM, the Knetz would go ham trashing him or her. =O=O

• It's a cool video, you really get to see just how detailed Soyeon is, how she knows exactly what she wants. She is clearly the most successful and most talented producer/songwriter in Kpop and it's not even all that close.

But yeah, i cringed so hard when she told the singer to pronounce "card" as "cah". I just can't with this, imagine the outrage if a local singer was familiar with the Korean language and sang Korean lyrics but INTENTIONALLY BUTCHERED THEM, the Knetz would go ham trashing him or her. =O=O

Tbh the "card" is still tolerable than the butchery of "the" and "sexy" ^^

The word in korean is pronounced that way. It's how it's supposed to be said in Korean. It's long standing konglish.

It's like how Fighting is pronounced Hwaiting.

• That's how it's pronounced. If it was meant to be pronounced the way regular english does it, it'd be

퀸카드

not

퀸카

the latter is the korean slang term.

• But yea, i don't understand why she make the card into ca-

Because when it got translated, it will be a different word

Screenshot_20230527-083253.jpg

lol don’t trust everything google translate tells you, bc translating machines will always lack a very important aspect of languages that only humans can employ to interpret: context.

so in your example, “” is literally pronounced “ka”, and it can mean “car” or “card” depending on the context. google decided on car this time, but it’s the wrong guess. have you ever heard korean slang terms like selca or molka? queenca is in the same lane. it’s basically a word play invented by soyeon lol which might be weird to english-speaking listeners who aren’t familiar with korean, but to koreans who have multiple borrowed words from other languages incorporated into their language, “queenca” is not a weird word

• I'm a queen KA I'm a queen KA...soyeon love you girl but what is she talking bouts. she gots to stop this manner of speaking. I know cube ain't got no money, they suffering they can't hire no english coach no writer to help those women out, but she got to go up on that google translate and duolingo or something. I know it's kind of funny how KPOP puts the most random english sentences in a song that don't make any sense or mispronounce words, but the song would make so much more sense if she just put proper grammer.

• lol don’t trust everything google translate tells you, bc translating machines will always lack a very important aspect of languages that only humans can employ to interpret: context.

so in your example, “카” is literally pronounced “ka”, and it can mean “car” or “card” depending on the context. google decided on car this time, but it’s the wrong guess. have you ever heard korean slang terms like selca or molka? queenca is in the same lane. it’s basically a word play invented by soyeon lol which might be weird to english-speaking listeners who aren’t familiar with korean, but to koreans who have multiple borrowed words from other languages incorporated into their language, “queenca” is not a weird word

Soyeon didn't invent Queenca. It's a pretty long standing slang.

Mean Girls Korean title is 퀸카로 살아남는 법

Which is more or less "How to survive as a Queenca"

• lol don’t trust everything google translate tells you, bc translating machines will always lack a very important aspect of languages that only humans can employ to interpret: context.

so in your example, “카” is literally pronounced “ka”, and it can mean “car” or “card” depending on the context. google decided on car this time, but it’s the wrong guess. have you ever heard korean slang terms like selca or molka? queenca is in the same lane. it’s basically a word play invented by soyeon lol which might be weird to english-speaking listeners who aren’t familiar with korean, but to koreans who have multiple borrowed words from other languages incorporated into their language, “queenca” is not a weird word

Yeah I know that kuinka slang. I've shared it here on another post before. I just curious on why she take that. But yeah, maybe it is intended more for the Koreans.

• Yeah I know that kuinka slang. I've shared it here on another post before. I just curious on why she take that. But yeah, maybe it is intended more for the Koreans.

I mean it's a korean slang whose only connotation would matter to koreans that exists in a korean song.

It's pretty obviously intended for koreans.

• Soyeon didn't invent Queenca. It's a pretty long standing slang.

Mean Girls Korean title is 퀸카로 살아남는 법

Which is more or less "How to survive as a Queenca"

ah ig that makes queenca even more familiar and understandable to koreans then. it’s just a usual slang term for them lol no puzzles there at all. only foreigners would question why they pronounce queenca “queenca” lol

• You can definitely tell SY meant it to be pronounced as the Korean slang by the outfits they wore here:

• But yeah, i cringed so hard when she told the singer to pronounce "card" as "cah"

Queenca is a korean word. It's a korean word in the lyrics. She's intentionally telling Yuqi to do the Korean word.

Like a 2-second examination would reveal this to you. You sometimes are unbelievably ignorant.

• Queenca is a korean word. It's a korean word in the lyrics. She's intentionally telling Yuqi to do the Korean word.

Like a 2-second examination would reveal this to you.

Thanks for edumacating me, i love being lectured by I Fans on the Korean language, especially since i'm probably like the only person on this site born in Korea and raised in a Korean speaking household since the 1950s :rolleyes: .

• Thanks for edumacating me, i love being lectured by I Fans on the Korean language, especially since i'm probably like the only person on this site born in Korea and raised in a Korean speaking household since the 1950s :rolleyes: .

Are you saying you were alive in the 1950s?

I now have the urge to see you and Drew_B in a bare knuckle fight.

Fight Fuck You GIF by VICE España - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Am I the only one just now realizing Black Pink House is a dude?

damn...

You're not the first to make that mistake, i've seen multiple posters admitting they thought i was a girl. =O

I guess that just goes to show how hip and trendy i am with all this newfangled social media mumbo jumbo, i can literally fit in seamlessly with all the edgy female GG stans :flower-cutie:

• You're not the first to make that mistake, i've seen multiple posters admitting they thought i was a girl. =O

I guess that just goes to show how hip and trendy i am with all this newfangled social media mumbo jumbo, i can literally fit in seamlessly with all the edgy female GG stans :flower-cutie:

i'm an 80's baby and i don't get all this mumbo jumbo lingo whatever lol :sob-bunny:

so good on you for sounding like an edgy gg teen stan that i sometimes wondered if you were on your rag or someting :mooning:

LOL good lord i should just stop assuming genders and call everyone a puppy :chicken-jump:

• i'm an 80's baby and i don't get all this mumbo jumbo lingo whatever lol :sob-bunny:

so good on you for sounding like an edgy gg teen stan that i sometimes wondered if you were on your rag or someting :mooning:

LOL good lord i should just stop assuming genders and call everyone a puppy :chicken-jump:

It's all for entertainment value :pepe-grooving: . I'm like 99 percent joking with my schtick, i can count the times i've gotten truly annoyed on two hands lol.

• It's all for entertainment value :pepe-grooving: . I'm like 99 percent joking with my schtick, i can count the times i've gotten truly annoyed on two hands lol.

*notes this*

you're a dude not an edgy teen chick on her rag

you're an old whipper snapper like me

notes this :pepe-notes:

• Thanks for edumacating me, i love being lectured by I Fans on the Korean language, especially since i'm probably like the only person on this site born in Korea and raised in a Korean speaking household since the 1950s :rolleyes: .

And yet you had no idea about a modern Korean slang word, and the usage of it, and instead lectured her on thinking it's "Queencard". Kkondae behaviour, basically.

I'm sure Soyeon appreciates an out-of-touch boomer educating her on her phrasing of Korean just as much as you appreciated my comment.

Sounds like your a real expert.

• Vocal Director is the title of the person who does what Soyeon does, for other artists/idols etc.

External Content www.youtube.com

• And yet you had no idea about a modern Korean slang word, and the usage of it, and instead lectured her on thinking it's "Queencard". Kkondae behaviour, basically.

I'm sure Soyeon appreciates an out-of-touch boomer educating her on her phrasing of Korean just as much as you appreciated my comment.

Sounds like your a real expert.

Wut? If it was pure Korean slang that had nothing to do with English, like being a "queen" or having a "queencard", then why did Soyeon romanize it to Queencard instead of "kwinka"? She shoulda just romanized it to "Kwinka", the alleged correct pronunciation of this alleged slang term, just like she did for Hwaa which was a direct romanization for the Korean word. Why did she choose "Queencard"? :pepe-use-head:

CLEARLY the title is referencing the English term, "Queen Card", and if you have this as the effing title of the song, you should PRONOUNCE IT CORRECTLY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ACTUALLY KNOW THE CORRECT PRONUNCIATION. And if you want to keep it as "kwinka", that's what you should have romanized it as omfg.

• It's more or less what many producers and vocal trainers do.

There's actually a video from a professional who does this as a full time job, praising Soyeon for what's she's doing for her Nxde recording. I'll see if I can dig it up

its because its soyeon aka a member giving vocal directions that i'm wondering about this

being a member of the grp and the producer at the same time must be more difficult than having a neutral producer on the recording day,

gidle must have a great understanding between the members to pull this off without having members clash

• Wut? If it was pure Korean slang that had nothing to do with English, like being a "queen" or having a "queencard", then why did Soyeon romanize it to Queencard instead of "kwinka"? She shoulda just romanized it to "Kwinka", the alleged correct pronunciation of this alleged slang term, just like she did for Hwaa which was a direct romanization for the Korean word. Why did she choose "Queencard"? :pepe-use-head:

CLEARLY the title is referencing the English term, "Queen Card", and if you have this as the effing title of the song, you should PRONOUNCE IT CORRECTLY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ACTUALLY KNOW THE CORRECT PRONUNCIATION. And if you want to keep it as "kwinka", that's what you should have romanized it as omfg.

it’s a double-meaning wordplay, so either pronunciation is correct, bc soyeon actually wants “kwinka” to mean both queenca and the queen card, again, it’s a wordplay. It’s not that hard to get lol you’re not escaping your boomer reputation i fear 😴

• When the "Boys" argue with each other worse than half the females on this forum

excited-listening.gif

Edit: gotta correct my grammar 'cause people can't take a damn joke around here

• gidle must have a great understanding between the members to pull this off without having members clash

I mean they do clash.

Yuqi and Minnie do their own also, and we've seen Yuqi be in the same position as Soyeon, directing the members with the Chinese translation she did for Hwaa?.

They have differences of opinion but are also professionals.

• I'm not sure if you're serious with this one. Hopefully not.

8 percent serious. I listen to it despite all my problems with it, but i think Soyeon made some really effed up mistakes with this one, it's still catchy if you can ignore the cringy lyrics.

With respect to this specific point about kwinka, i get where Idle fans are coming from, i see the rationalization and arguments you're making. If it was just a one off incident, i wouldnt be talking about it.

But have you seen Soyeon's history with the English language? The girl has not one ounce of respect for it lol. The butchering is McDonalds and Burger King combined. It's hard to give Soyeon the benefit of the doubt on any debate when it comes to her relationship with English.

And tbh it IS a bit of a passing annoyance of mine. Especially when i know that certain idols or labels can do better. I've ranted about Twice and BP as well, because i know they have good enough English speakers in the group or in the company, even fluent ones, to fix every dumb English lyric or grammar issue or pronunciation issue before it gets published. I still have a hard time listening to one of the best ballads in recent history, Happiest Girl, because both Lisa and Jennie chose to mispronounce the effing basic ass word "the" and Teddy himself somehow let that happen omfg. It literally ruins the song for me.

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!