Are male fans of girl groups being unfairly hated?

• So it was just revealed Newjeans fanmeetings have ratio of 60% males, 40% females. Koreans are praising the balance in genders and said Newjeans capture all demographics, but international fans are hating it. Twice also used to be mocked by i-fans for having many males fans. Your opinion: is it ok for male fans to be fans of girl groups?

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Edited once, last by bbb988 ().

• first, there's likely many weirdos in that but its wrong to assume so i wont

just how the world works, sorry

second, people who outrage about this stuff exist on both anti-male and anti-female sides

they're usually seeking attention

ignore them

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• yes male fans unfairly hated

and for me as a fan
    I don't be judgmental to my other fellow fans

whatever reason/ages/gender they are
    doesn't matter for me
    it not like they will kidnap or harm somebody
    by just admiring their idol

• for this? no. idc what you tell me but its gross that someone in their 30s-40s is going out of their way to go see a group full of underaged idols with the youngest being 14. you can tell me they're "fans for the music" but when they are going to a fansign (which cmiiw but doesnt this take buying multiple albums?) that seems beyond just liking the music and actually being fans of these underaged kids.

also OP your images arent loading for me so incase anyone else has that issue:

AVvXsEjUp32KrX1RjyOd6U99Tbdp-U5ATGT0Rg368ggLcXi-Cxac_jLspxgSL0rVvcyfnxaE-jt9RZN5UjaxqJ-S4NR4N_g8sfOXe4irp7FJt63DX5QQpZjAyfEfBCsbR8IXMD7Jf2xeQCbJ8wdj4oJijELqkMPkddXfORp0muvso3vZyM6923rXXZqp7yta=s16000

Men: 60.6%

Women: 39.4%

10's - 22.1%

20's - 53.1%

30's - 19%

40's - 4.3%

50's 1.3%

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Assassinating the character of male fans by default is nothing new in K-Pop.

Can't stan any girl group these days, especially 4th gen, without being treated like I should be monitored with an ankle bracelet.

• unfortunately stuff like that has actually happened.. :pepe-cringe:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Minors having fan meeting and fan signs is questionable to begin with.

What are these men and women in their 40swho go to fan signs are saying to a 16 year old???

Like I cant wrap my head around it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I need people to remember Jinnabit

that person was a dedicated fan of Sulli when she was underage and turned to someone who antagonized her once she grew up and no longer fit into box they set for her.

These fans will eventually go unhinged

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The victim complex male fans have is astonishing :watt:

Multiple users crying about how male fans unfairly treated in this thread like this is why ppl hate yall

they're really mad that people are giving them a side eye for stanning UNDERAGED idols?? really out here pretending that some male fans don't sexualise their "faves" :pepe-shame: the fact that NSFW kpop subreddits exist.. :pepe-cross:

like i understand liking the music but we're talking explicitly here about people who go out of their way to go to fansigns, somethings just not right there. :pepe-shrug:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• The victim complex male fans have is astonishing :watt:

Multiple users crying about how male fans unfairly treated in this thread like this is why ppl hate yall

Gatekeeping based on age and gender is just normalized discrimination. A very ignorant hill to die on, but I won't stop you from dying on it.

It's a totally reasonable take that all male fans should be okay with being treated as sexual predators by default.

Truly

• Gatekeeping based on age and gender is just normalized discrimination.

for a very good fucking reason WTF

• I know this is a stupid question since I never go to a fan meeting(just buy albums and go to concerts in general)

what are people generally doing in those meetings?

Will it be fine if I go to NJ concert without people side-eye me lol ;( (I'm male as well)

• I mean when the idol is like 14 it’s werid tbh let’s admit that

Like why do so many older fans be stanning such young idols like ew, there’s a reason uncle and noona fans term is a thing

Few groups if any are comprised of 14yo only. Minji of NewJeans is 19yo. What if the 20yo male fans of NewJeans who attend fansign events go there for Minji first and foremost? Is it inappropriate? Is it inappropriate for a 21yo male fan to have a liking for a 19yo female idol?

I dunno, it seems you guys assume A LOT of things.

• Nothing wrong with being cautious or wary, but they shouldn't be automatically classified as ped*philes just for following a group that includes a couple of minors

If they REALLY cared about children they would be watching over people IN THEIR OWN circles. 90% of child se*ual abuse victims know their abuser.

• they're really mad that people are giving them a side eye for stanning UNDERAGED idols?? really out here pretending that some male fans don't sexualise their "faves" :pepe-shame: the fact that NSFW kpop subreddits exist.. :pepe-cross:

like i understand liking the music but we're talking explicitly here about people who go out of their way to go to fansigns, somethings just not right there. :pepe-shrug:

Exactly??

Word’s going around that most are resellers, but people are allowed to express concern around grown adults being at fanmeetings for groups nearly entirely made up of under-18s. You don’t know WHO is in that audience, nor their intentions.

I think fan-meetings for any minor idol is creepy

⋆⁺₊⋆ we don't have to be forgiven ⋆⁺₊⋆

355e608d6a9b6887126dc64d63f08be2102f4a5d.gif

• I think fan-meetings for any minor idol is creepy

AND also from appearing in "mature" shows. This is what Yeri had to witness while she still was a minor. It's just not content meant for minds that are still developing.

• Isn't this only for their 1st Fanmeeting which KpopJop's thread said has 8,000 people? It can still be used as a measure of their most hardcore fans (who got into the website to buy the ticket fast enough) but it's only a small sample

• Exactly??

Word’s going around that most are resellers, but people are allowed to express concern around grown adults being at fanmeetings for groups nearly entirely made up of under-18s. You don’t know WHO is in that audience, nor their intentions.

I think fan-meetings for any minor idol is creepy

honestly this.. like thinking everyone is there with "pure intentions" is just being naive, especially when we've seen how people already sexualise underaged idols online :pepe-cross:

just the fact that these girls are being forced to interact with these grown uncles and aunties already makes the situation so weird... making minors do fansigns is just :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• just the fact that these girls are being forced to interact with these grown uncles and aunties already makes the situation so weird... making minors do fansigns is just :pepe-shame:

problem is, it is their job. It's convenient to take uncles' and aunties' money when it comes to albums, merch, concerts, etc; but for fansign events "eww heck no, please go away"? that would be so hypocritical

• I stick to a rule

buy albums

don't go to fanmeetings

if lucky enough and concert is close to your city/country, go but with some female friends for your own safety

• also NJ fan ratio is a huge surprise because recently more and more groups were 'driven' by female fans especially with 4th gen we already have situations that ratio was 7:3 with more than 70% being female fans,

I remember that it was like that with STAYC in Korea

• problem is, it is their job. It's convenient to take uncles' and aunties' money when it comes to albums, merch, concerts, etc; but for fansign events "eww heck no, please go away"? that would be so hypocritical

im not about to blame minors when theres adults who are responsible for this. :pepe-shrug: everyone from the company who thought it was okay to debut kids to these grown aunties and uncles attending a fansign with minors are gross imo.

Fbi Calling GIF - Fbi Calling Tom - Discover & Share GIFs

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I think it's funny that this thread is answered by all kinds of uncles who rarely use the forum anymore

yeah i always forget how male dominated AKP is until we get these type of threads where they feel personally attacked :cryingr:

like if youre not a 40 year old stanning these minors and attending their fansigns then youre not the one being talked about so calm yourselves :pepe-hips:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Since we are talking about this again, let me bring up a new point. I don't know if this fanmeeting actually includes a fansign (not just watching their performances, etc.). But everyone only gets a few minutes at most to talk to the members. I was wondering what I would say if I had to talk to a leetle girl (or boy) born in 2008, but then I realized it wouldn't really matter because I would only get to talk to them for like 1 minute anyway. So what is so uncomfortable about talking to a young singer for a couple minutes, it's just a short conversation that they will barely remember, and it's not like their fans are going with the intention of making them uncomfortable. They probably just want to say "fan stuff" (or whatever people typically talk about at fansigns)

• we don't need to see men. if you are a man and you like a girl group you just gots to go. something not right with that. you liking girl groups? you out here liking women dancing and singing your just a sick person and you gots to go. I love men but they out here sinning, listening to the music, listening to the tunes but they need to go out and WORK. they need to be BUILDING buildings. why they ain't building roads and highways? that's not okay to me. I just need men to go and gather wood and gather food by hunting in the woods like the old days. gots to be godly at all times. just stop hating on these men, if you stanning these young-ins, then you sick in the head, you need to be stanning blackpink, twice, older women who you can dream about marrying, you dreaming about 4th gen groups you need to be banished to hell. just my OPINION love MEN though. SAVE men STOP discriminating!

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• The problem is not that they're male, it's that they're adults. It's one thing to be an adult who likes the music, but it's entirely another to go to a fan meeting. Also, considering how NewJeans has been sexed-up, it's unlikely that most adults at that fansign were there with pure intentions.

Guys can like girl groups and be perfectly fine, and nobody would (should) be grossed out if it was teen boys their age flocking to meet them, but you have to admit that adults being that into NewJeans is gross.

• honestly this.. like thinking everyone is there with "pure intentions" is just being naive, especially when we've seen how people already sexualise underaged idols online :pepe-cross:

just the fact that these girls are being forced to interact with these grown uncles and aunties already makes the situation so weird... making minors do fansigns is just :pepe-shame:

most probably just wanna give a few nice words to cheer them on. but there are surely a few weirdos too.

its weird but on the other site you cant put a major group under general suspicion either.

• no.

lmao ikr, it's always the creepy ass men on akp who say grown adults stanning underaged girls is "totally normal" :skull:

First of all, mind your own business on who stans whos. Second, there are measures in place to protect idols. Third, you are participating in an of this industry normalizing profiting off minors, you ain't innocent.

• This thread contains 211 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!