Tulsi Gabbard says you see 'cancel culture' used by terrorist organizations such as 'ISIS and al Qaeda'

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/news…escOT?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Former Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard slammed cancel culture, saying it’s often seen within Islamist terrorist organizations such as al Qaeda.

a woman holding a microphone

© Provided by Washington Examiner

“Let’s look down the path and say, OK, 'Where does this cancel culture lead us?' You see the final expression of cancel culture in Islamist terrorist groups like ISIS and al Qaeda, who basically go and behead those who they deem to be infidels or heretics, in order to silence them. In order to 'protect' others from being misled by those heretical ideas in the eyes of ISIS or al Qaeda,” Gabbard told Fox News’s Trey Gowdy on Tuesday.

Gabbard added that cancel culture in the United States must be combated.

“When we look at cancel culture here at home, we see those efforts to cancel or silence those that they don’t want the people to hear from, those who may offer a different idea than the one that those in power want people to see or to hear or to be exposed to. When we look at the foundations of our democracy, this is the danger of where this path leads us unless we as individuals stand up against it,” she said.

Her comments come as cartoon characters, children’s Disney movies, Dr. Seuss books, and other products have been so-called canceled through censorship or pulling the products from easy accessibility to the public.

One actress, Gina Carano, was recently fired from Disney+ show the Mandalorian after posting conservative views on social media, sparking outcry from conservatives.

“I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob," Carano said in a statement after her firing. "I have only just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I hope it inspires others to do the same. They can’t cancel us if we don’t let them.”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!