I was very surprised when some people really underestimated Aespa's popularity outside of Korea

• They're the highest 4th gen gg to chart in BB 200 with 56k pure sales, 1 million sales in China, selling out concerts in Japan and become the fastest foreign artist to hold their concert in Tokyo dome. They have the most stable fanbase globally and they're doing great everywhere.

I was really shocked to know that some people really underestimated them. Like how?????

They are not doing that great in Spotify doesn't mean they're far behind. 50/50 is currently doing the best in Spotify and that also doesn't mean they having the biggest fandom.

• Glad finally someone in akp seeing the light . People always insist of Spotify streams importance and I always tell them SM is lagging when it's time to following the trend. When everyone else is doing playlisting and bypass algorithm, SM dgaf and only interested in breaking yt records by paying youtube ads. There's no hope for this since SM is backward company, they will started to do it after everybody else moving to another goalpost.

• Glad finally someone in akp seeing the light . People always insist of Spotify streams importance and I always tell them SM is lagging when it's time to following the trend. When everyone else is doing playlisting and bypass algorithm, SM dgaf and only interested in breaking yt records by paying youtube ads. There's no hope for this since SM is backward company, they will started to do it after everybody else moving to another goalpost.

It’s because of responses like yours that people keep saying stuff to insult Aespa. Other groups are not just successful because of playlisting and algorithm, they have songs that are consumed by more people no two ways about it.

It’s true they have a strong fandom that streams their whole album but it’s also true heir TT’s are not as catchy as others to have casual listeners on platforms like Spotify.

• It’s because of responses like yours that people keep saying stuff to insult Aespa. Other groups are not just successful because of playlisting and algorithm, they have songs that are consumed by more people no two ways about it.

It’s true they have a strong fandom that streams their whole album but it’s also true heir TT’s are not as catchy as others to have casual listeners on platforms like Spotify.

you know how terrible SM is when aespa is doing the best in that company atm. While for everyone else the still got their seniors records yet to be broken. You could look it up, I'm pointing up at how people in here ridiculed aespa spotify streams and I always told them it's because SM dgaf and they will do much better with the push. I didn't say they will became a smash hit like 5050 or NJ, all I was saying that they will do better than now if they are given the same push.

• you know how terrible SM is when aespa is doing the best in that company atm. While for everyone else the still got their seniors records yet to be broken. You could look it up, I'm pointing up at how people in here ridiculed aespa spotify streams and I always told them it's because SM dgaf and they will do much better with the push. I didn't say they will became a smash hit like 5050 or NJ, all I was saying that they will do better than now if they are given the same push.

This isn’t true. You can delude yourself into thinking aespa isn’t successful on Spotify because of SM but we have many stats about playlisting and how groups do with and without and in every comparison aespa TTs are worse off. LSFM and Seventeen had minimal playlisting and they did better than aespa and nct those are just facts. Groups get playlisting AFTER they achieve certain success which Aespa never have.

There is a lot of misunderstanding about how Spotify playlisting works. It’s not something you pay and done. The more popular a song is the more playlisting it will get as well.

• This isn’t true. You can delude yourself into thinking aespa isn’t successful on Spotify because of SM but we have many stats about playlisting and how groups do with and without and in every comparison aespa TTs are worse off. LSFM and Seventeen had minimal playlisting and they did better than aespa and nct those are just facts. Groups get playlisting AFTER they achieve certain success which Aespa never have.

There is a lot of misunderstanding about how Spotify playlisting works. It’s not something you pay and done. The more popular a song is the more playlisting it will get as well.

let's talk about how Spicy getting lower playlisting than Girls when Spicy is more stable. Where's is the logic in here.

and why nobody could match Cupid achievements when they rising in 90m , 100m , 120m, 150m playlisting?

Like I am not saying all their achievement are because of playlisting.

Playlisting could help them reach new audience and for them to gaining new streams, that's it

• let's talk about how Spicy getting lower playlisting than Girls when Spicy is more stable. Where's is the logic in here.

and why nobody could match Cupid achievements when they rising in 90m , 100m , 120m, 150m playlisting?

What are you even talking about Cupid is a mega popular viral sensation that gets played 29299495 times on radio. It’s organic.

No body can match Cupid because it’s the most successful kpop song released in the recent past no two ways about it. It’s the perfect example of a viral song getting more playlisting.

You’ve answered your own question if SM can buy playlisting and they did for girls why didn’t they for spicy. It’s because playlisting is based on many different things…. stable isn’t the only condition, how diverse the song is e.g whether it’s charting in different countries how many listeners are new etc could all be used.

It’s ok to admit SM songs are not for casual consumption while also emphasizing that their groups and concepts are strong to gather strong fanbases.

• Is this a troll of that "xyz is weak" thread? If so, let me spam this thread with 2000 meaningless Youtube views and search stats.

• because you saying that the more popular , the more it's get playlisted. Then I was asking why nobody could match 5050 since not only them ever had those numbers of playlist reach.

SM buy more doesn't mean they buy much. It's still terrible. Like aespa got the lowest playlisting compare to their peers. If Warner/SM given more efforts then they will do much better since Spicy is more public friendly than Girls. all I was asking is more push? don't you want promo for your faves? You could compare Girls and Spicy spotify streams and actually Spicy did it better with less promo. Since you claim playlisting are come naturally , aespa is doing better in Spotify now also became the highest monthly listeners in SM so I fail to understand how they didn't get bigger playlist than during Girls era.

another example, when Hold On Tight getting 1m+ streams , take a look at the playlist reach to understand what I am talking about

• They were talking about international “digitals” like spotify global, billboard global chart, etc in general vs other 4th gen groups not the mainly physical driven chart like bb200.

• I feel like the type of songs that would have get better streams with more playlists are like Hold on Tight (the song alone increased aespa’s ML when no one even mentioned it, idk it felt like it brought a bit of new audience to aespa for a short time but SM didn’t seize the opportunity). Other songs I think would be good type to add on more playlists are Thirsty and illusion imo. They’re easy to listen to and catchy respectively.

lt64IYu.gif

• because you saying that the more popular , the more it's get playlisted. Then I was asking why nobody could match 5050 since not only them ever had those numbers of playlist reach.

SM buy more doesn't mean they buy much. It's still terrible. Like aespa got the lowest playlisting compare to their peers. If Warner/SM given more efforts then they will do much better since Spicy is more public friendly than Girls. all I was asking is more push? don't you want promo for your faves? You could compare Girls and Spicy spotify streams and actually Spicy did it better with less promo. Since you claim playlisting are come naturally , aespa is doing better in Spotify now also became the highest monthly listeners in SM so I fail to understand how they didn't get bigger playlist than during Girls era.

“Don’t you want promo for your favs” no I’m fully content with how exo perform on Spotify. And I know which songs do well and which don’t. And I’m self aware about what songs are appealing and what are not.

• It's simple LSF is out charting 4th gen ggs (except fifty) on billboard chart.

Same with New jeans on Spotify.

Not saying aespa is weak internationally its just that they aren't the top.

Let's be real kpop fans logic.. if you're not the top then you're basically nugu.

• The only reason is because their Spotify charting isn't that impressive compared to other groups like NJ, LSFM and IVE. Aespa might have a big fandom but the casual interest towards them is low. This is why their album and concert ticket sales are high but Spotify ULs and streams are less.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I think people need to define what is International.

- for East Asians, Aespa clearly has the most core fan in 4 gen gg.

- For SEA, I'm not really sure, so maybe someone can give some stats on that.

The only aespa is lacking(Spotify), which is the reason people think they are weak internationally.

Like aespa got the lowest playlisting compare to their peers.

stop this, this is so false.

I gonna use the first week's playlist as a sample(8 days after release since the first day is just partial tracking)

for recent cb:

Thirsty has 238 playlists and 22,612,722 reach

IVE I am: Playlists: 229 Reach: 28,047,047

UNFORGIVEN : Playlist 254, Reach 27,919,600

Queencard: Playlist 206, reach 18,500,898

let's talk about how Spicy getting lower playlisting than Girls when Spicy is more stable. Where's is the logic in here.

no, it is not, you can clearly check on songstats.

Songstats - Music Data Analytics for Artists & Labels
    The first music analytics app that gives you a personalized view and real-time insights into your music. Over 30 Million Playlists & Charts across Spotify,…
    songstats.com

for Newjean (people keep saying they have playlisting, but they have a very big stream early on)

Ditto: playlist 391, reach 67,518,025

OMG: playlist 382, reach 61,050,410

I will check stream for each song later, but I think aespa has the lowest stream if we compare day by day.

• The only reason is because their Spotify charting isn't that impressive compared to other groups like NJ, LSFM and IVE. Aespa might have a big fandom but the casual interest towards them is low. This is why their album and concert ticket sales are high but Spotify ULs and streams are less.

this.

people underestimated aespa because of mostly their Spotify stream.

• are those receipts

• The BB200 stats mostly represent the strength of their fanbase, people say they're not that popular internationally due to their Spotify streams which lag behind most other 4th gen GGs...theyre even behind GIDLE who aren't from big4 and didn't really start showing good Spotify stream until TOMBOY

Honestly idrc cause SM groups have never really been strong on Spotify and until recently their music has been pretty divisive. Playlisting is definitely a factor, but let's be serious, if you asked most KPOP fans to choose between Girls or something like ANTIFRAGILE/Hype Boy/Love Dive, they'd likely choose the latter cause they're less experimental

Hold On Tight was able to do well due to good word of mouth, it was casual fan friendly, and it was in english. It was always obvious to me that their sound & concept would find more success in Korea/China/Japan vs other countries. But when it comes to international fanbase then yeah I agree they're not necessarily lacking.

• Aespa’s popularity is no joke, but I don’t see many people underestimating them. I am a MY, and I often keep up with them… I don’t see many picking on this, in contrast I find that Aespa are often praised for being so internationally popular. Maybe this is just me, but I wanted to share this just in case anyone could agree in any way.

네가 참 궁금해 그건 너도 마찬가지 (ooh, ooh)...

• so including your faves? I agree some songs aren't appealing but some songs has potentials to do better. This is recurring theme in SM, their acts doing poorer in Spotify

Why will this include EXO lol. They gained like 1.5million ULs on Spotify doing nothing and no releases just because their music is universally liked. Rest assured others at SM can’t and haven’t done that.

But I’m not gonna sit here and wonder why power and DFTF don’t have any streams.

• It’s because of responses like yours that people keep saying stuff to insult Aespa. Other groups are not just successful because of playlisting and algorithm, they have songs that are consumed by more people no two ways about it.

That exactly what aespa and in general sm stans never understand, it's not about them not being popular it's about other groups just being more popular that them internatioally

A good example it's NCT too, u tell nctzen groups like skz or 17 are bigger in the international market and they go ballistic

• Why will this include EXO lol. They gained like 1.5million ULs on Spotify doing nothing and no releases just because their music is universally liked. Rest assured others at SM can’t and haven’t done that.

aespa is holding the biggest streamers in an album, biggest 1st week and biggest monthly listeners in SM and people still saying that they do poorly in Spotify compare to others. And they only have 3 mini albums

Because you saying the reason that they doing poorly in Spotify is because the songs aren't appealing. I told you this is not only aespa problem but all SM acts doing poorly in Spotify compare to their 'rivals'

• That exactly what aespa and in general sm stans never understand, it's not about them not being popular it's about other groups just being more popular that them internatioally

A good example it's NCT too, u tell nctzen groups like skz or 17 are bigger in the international market and they go ballistic

You don’t even need go that far you tell them EXO and RV’s music has more appeal and they won’t even accept that. Even with EXO and RV SM knows what works (Psycho, Love Shot) and they give them songs like (DFTF, Birthday) So like there’s no point SM will do what they want and SM stans will also make up any story they want to defend SM.

• aespa is holding the biggest streamers in an album, biggest 1st week and biggest monthly listeners in SM and people still saying that they do poorly in Spotify compare to others. And they only have 3 mini albums

Because you saying the reason that they doing poorly in Spotify is because the songs aren't appealing. I told you this is not only aespa problem but all SM acts doing poorly in Spotify compare to their 'rivals'

“In SM” 😭😭 like as if there was any competition since the kpop boom.

Their title tracks are less appealing than other groups. It’s just a fact. Their b sides and albums do well and that’s what is worth boasting about instead of making up stuff about how they’re lagging behind because SM doesn’t payola Spotify.

• That exactly what aespa and in general sm stans never understand, it's not about them not being popular it's about other groups just being more popular that them internatioally

That's exactly what I am asking for. To give them more promo . I'm mad how they wasting HOT potential. Like we want them to gain more new and casual listeners.

• “In SM” 😭😭 like as if there was any competition since the kpop boom.

Their title tracks are less appealing than other groups. It’s just a fact. Their b sides and albums do well and that’s what is worth boasting about instead of making up stuff about how they’re lagging behind because SM doesn’t payola Spotify.

I'm saying that they will do better than now. I didn' say they will magically like 5050 in Spotify. That's it.

We aren't playing in same fields then why people like to downplaying their streams.

• This thread contains 47 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!