are you shocked at how big the universe is?

• This video is interesting and scary at the same time.... humans are so weak compared to these huge planets and galaxies. We are literally nothing... just one tiny tiny tiny dot....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There's billions of galaxies, and humans think were the only ones. We are not alone, it's obvious.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• External Content www.youtube.com

• I remember finding about this in 5th grade and being so scared that Earth is not even visible and super far from being it. I also used to think that we're the only people in the entire infinite universe :S

Yeah it is weird hearing about how big the whole universe is. It makes you think,

• Actually current estimations put the number of galaxies at around 2 trillion (in the observable universe)

I'd recommend youtube channel SEA for space stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SEA1997/featured

another good vidoe for the scale of the universe

• Makes you think what? :eyes:

What if there are aliens living amongst us now? Like wearing disguises or smth? I mean you don't know everyone! (sorry for my weird idea)

LOL I should proof read before I post, I meant it makes you think about how useless Earth is. We don't really mean anything in the universe. We're just there. Yeah I read somewhere that the government know Aliens exists and talk to them, but that could be a lie. I think Aliens have more better technology, they probably know about us but don't care because they have their own alien life.

I believe there smarter and more stronger than us, but look something like a upgraded versions of humans, not like those green black eye things in movies. But they could look any way too, depends on how there planet is. It could affect how they look, like how the weather is, if there's water, etc.

IDK I just really like Aliens, they probably think of us as Aliens, IDK why we call them Aliens but we just do.

• Actually current estimations put the number of galaxies at around 2 trillion (in the observable universe)

I'd recommend youtube channel SEA for space stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SEA1997/featured

That's cool, but I wonder if humans could be wrong, like there could be more than 2 trillion galaxies. We don't have the technology to know.

• LOL I should proof read before I post, I meant it makes you think about how useless Earth is. We don't really mean anything in the universe. We're just there. Yeah I read somewhere that the government know Aliens exists and talk to them, but that could be a lie. I think Aliens have more better technology, they probably know about us but don't care because they have their own alien life.

I believe there smarter and more stronger than us, but look something like a upgraded versions of humans, not like those green black eye things in movies. But they could look any way too, depends on how there planet is. It could affect how they look, like how the weather is, if there's water, etc.

IDK I just really like Aliens, they probably think of us as Aliens, IDK why we call them Aliens but we just do.

Yeah, true. I've seen many sci-fi aliens calling humans "primative" lmao. But that is most likely very true.

Same, but there are many different races probably. I have a feeling with different environmental things they may face, that bodies would be a lot different than here on Earth because living things have to adapt to the environment.

Yeah, it's a pretty interesting subject. It's scary to think that there could be life on other planets but considering how very, very, very small we are compared the universe, it's very impossible that life doesn't exist on other planets.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Although we get the feeling of how useless and small we are compared to the whole observable universe and whatever is beyond that, we are at least aware of that.

Most of the matter in the universe aren't "alive". The bacteria in your gut flora is special as it is at least alive compared to the rest of the universe (if we are indeed alone which is a possibility). It will just exist till decay eventually (if proton decay is really a thing).

On the flip side, we are universes by ourselves. The amount of other beings living in our skin and in us is also mindblowing. When an animal dies, lot of other smaller beings die with it. The big universe is daunting, but the small scale is also eye opening.

• That's cool, but I wonder if humans could be wrong, like there could be more than 2 trillion galaxies. We don't have the technology to know.

Well we will never know whats outside the observable universe, as it is too far away for the light to have had enough time to reach us.

gives a good sense of it

The theory of cosmic inflation speculates that the entire universe is 150 sextillion larger then the current observable universe. Keep in mind that the observable universe is 93 billion light years across, the scales are such that its not really possible to grasp.

• Woah I was recently watching videos like these, it's so interesting and scary at the same time. Black holes and titan stars, like Stephenson 2-18, scare me a lot. What if somehow they devoured/destroyed our solar system?

I also want to know where other species of beings live and what are they like :pepe-hype:(Dune definitely hasn't influenced me in this :pepe-hehe: )

☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

82c353870ef7fcc4f1a65e25a79150e5ffc6d555.gifv

• Woah I was recently watching videos like these, it's so interesting and scary at the same time. Black holes and titan stars, like Stephenson 2-18, scare me a lot. What if somehow they devoured/destroyed our solar system?

I also want to know where other species of beings live and what are they like :pepe-hype:(Dune definitely hasn't influenced me in this :pepe-hehe: )

Yeah I wonder as well. I mean we can imagine but were probably wrong on how Aliens look and behave. The bigger planets are so scary. Earth is like a pea compared to them. I do think if all the big planets collided together it could really mess up our solar system. Or if a meteor that was huge came it could mess it up as well. It's scary to know that any second now a meteor could come and destroy earth.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!