Former editor of grammy.com calls RA board xenophobic towards BTS (discussion)

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But yeah, its armys being paranoid. Right.

More context:

Edited 3 times, last by myaza ().

• WHOA.

CALLED OUT.

And yet nothing be stopping BTS from dominating. They easily had the most acclaimed performance of the night, and even western media has noted they got robbed. Good on her for calling out her former employer.

• WHOA.

CALLED OUT.

And yet nothing be stopping BTS from dominating. They easily had the most acclaimed performance of the night, and even western media has noted they got robbed. Good on her for calling out her former employer.

Yeah. Its a wonder BTS has managed to come so far after the establishment sabotaging them on every step of their journey.

• WHOA.

CALLED OUT.

It's no secret how i feel about the song.

But the boys did an amazing job last night, i just saw the vid for the first time. They answered people like me who criticized their overprocessed vocals. And the dance and camerawork were excellent.

• Reminded me in 2018, when BTS made headlines because they were grooving to Jolene and Jungkook so happy that he cried. Just their presence can make headlines. It was a happy moment for sure.

Spreading happiness and the love of music is the right thing to do. Our boys, leading the way. I adore that they hear good music and get motivated, or emotional. These are MUSICIANS first and foremost. Models, actors, directors, etc, all of that comes after the music. They are musicians first and primary, and it isn't even an argument with any if them. I love that about BTS, that is actual artistry showing. They show you who they are, no features, full vulnerability.

• deserves, they really deserves that called out, i really was lost at words yesterday on how obviously shitty they treated bts, and on top of that those vile celebrations from people and media, and then how BTS being the bigger person like always regarding the situation. it’s just ugh, God bless BTS.

• Nope. Yoongi foretold that they are gonna get a solo stage performance and a Grammy next year so it’s still according to plans

And I just noticed we have our badges beside our names

This makes sense!

I dont notice anything different about badges :eyes:

• The corruption and xenophobia run so deep in that institution.

I’m happy about Oscars’ reform giving more recognition to POC (yay Minari) but I doubt the same will happen to scammys. Too much under the table money dealing happens inside the music industry.

If BTS and Kpop itself actually manage to get even bigger throughout the world and in the US, to the point where they would actually pose a threat to UMG, Sony, Warner and all the other big players in the US music industry, you can bet that we will start seeing tons of "exposes" targeted at the Kpop industry in general and BTS specifically.

I think this will happen if mainstream America starts accepting songs sung in Korean, maybe to the point where US radio stations get inundated with requests to play Kpop songs. If this happens, all Kpop fans, Army, Blinks, Onces, etc, need to batten down the hatches. 8|

• From the same article: 8.8M viewers.

You know you're sad when Jungkook can pull 22M viewers to watch him eat.

let's not go back that far, let's use the same night.

- the pre-show livestream, "the less important show" had 12,8 million viewers

- bts got 7,8 million viewers for a 17 minute live, and they did it in the worst time for all time zones (working hours in korea, 5am in europe, after midnight in the us)

it really is embarrassing. no wonder RA and american music industry are afraid of them

• Did you answer the wrong thread? :eyes:

here :D

i read your reply :D

yes, it was mostly armys. cbs knew what they were doing when they left bts for last. but it seems that some armys didn't take the bait (smart) and didn't wait for their performance. the way both cbs and RA used them, it's heartbreaking and disgusting.

it's really sad.

• Yeah, I deleted because I misunderstood and thought you were talking about the charity concart :cryingr:

But the premiere stream seemed very army-dominated as well!

• :pepe-tea::pepe-smug:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• "pushed back on our writing on BTS"

I want the details :eyes:

Well, shes also posted this.

• Yeah, I deleted because I misunderstood and thought you were talking about the charity concart :cryingr:

But the premiere stream seemed very army-dominated as well!

oh yes, i forgot that one! i read that armys both lots of tickets. as expected

• Well, shes also posted this.

that first tweet sounds like she knows something

but she can't tell us

which I understand

I don't know who Taylor was addressing there, I assumed someone from her team

It sounded personal

anywho

I have a good feeling about this year

• Of course they are. I nearly died at that create a player due Tony Medium Tall that they bought out to spread propaganda about how the Grammy's "are changing and working to become more inclusive" That was embarrassing and honestly offensive.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• There have been quite a few people who have hinted at BTS being "silenced" within the industry. Yet, none of the people who have hinted at it have been able to say exactly what which is kinda ominous if you think about it :eyes:

• External Content twitter.com

More of the tea. myaza add it to the first post please!!!

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!