[HOT TAKE] Blackpink doesn't deserve yet to be called "Korean Pride"

• SecondUnevenHoneybee-max-1mb.gif

That gif is my soul leaving my body as I kinda agree. They are very successful on a global scale but Korea wise..... They are rarely mentioned in Korea or on Korean TV unless it is for adverts. They are seen as mostly models in Korea which makes me sad as they are not meeting their full potential in my opinion. But that title is more deserving of Red Velvet who has literally been a piece in South Korea trying to make peace with North Korea, or GFriend who literally every Korean I have ever met has bragged about being how they introduce people the world of idols to other people.

(I have a couple of very close friends who's family still lives in Korea, and their parents just moved back while they stayed in the US for their careers)

y-you do realize that theyre the only idol group other thanbts to have an album bomb on melon last year?

or how theyre one of the few idol groups who can enter melon top5 ? or how they have the highest digitals for last year (ggs)? this is not 2019

• The way you basically say blinks are the main reason this keeps happening while ignoring the mass amount of hate campaigns and lies everytime BP comeback. Lets not ignore the fact armys were messaging far right Indian groups to get BP backlash. Literally everytime BP comeback armys try to create some scandal around BP.

No. You keep simplifying what I'm saying - I don't know why it's so important to you to make ARMY all evil, but trust me, I don't see all BP fans as a monolith and you shouldn't do that to us.

Agreed, *individual ARMY* doing crappy things like that is extremely gross, but I remember that situation and ARMY were the first to tell them to stop reaching out to those groups in India. In a fandom of many millions, single actors shouldn't be held up as representative of the whole group. That's true of ANY fandom.

The issue with the Blinks who have trolled is that they have had widespread support among BP fans. I'll gladly DM threads (I don't want to get a Twitter Drama strike) with high likes.

If we're talking about CA accusations - and I think we are, because that's the only type of anger against BP I've seen actually gain traction in ARMY - that's not a Blackpink thing that's an EVERY group thing, including BTS. Hobi's hairstyle in CNS kicked off a big fandom conversation. (Not my cultures, I don't say anything, don't think it's my place to) Good or bad it's something a lot in the fandom are sensitive about.

Outside CA, what other scandals? Honest question. I've seen some hilarious ACCUSATIONS placed at ARMY feet, but none of those were real. I'm open to being proven wrong, because as I said, huge fandom, lots of bad actors due to statistics.

• outside of ca

there were armys who made fake ads for spotify youtube etc also ''spread the bp get on their knees for achievments'' granted it was not a lot of armys but the fandom is big and even a minority is of huge numbers

frequent bodyshaming and slutshaming in general too

not saying blinks dont drag bts but yeah

• Why are you even arguing about this when no Korean has ever called them that? International kpoppies dont decide who is Koreas national pride.

Blinks appropriating BTSs title doenst make it valid.

• The way you basically say blinks are the main reason this keeps happening while ignoring the mass amount of hate campaigns and lies everytime BP comeback. Lets not ignore the fact armys were messaging far right Indian groups to get BP backlash. Literally everytime BP comeback armys try to create some scandal around BP.

This victimisation you blinks have has to stop. Rewriting history and claiming Armys and BH is sabotaging BP. Look within your own for once.

• I'm now on season 2 finale gonna finish it before I sleep

That is def worth it.

y-you do realize that theyre the only idol group other thanbts to have an album bomb on melon last year?

or how theyre one of the few idol groups who can enter melon top5 ? or how they have the highest digitals for last year (ggs)? this is not 2019

I am not discrediting that however the general public in Korea sadly does not view them as highly as the groups mentioned. I wish they did not have that reputation as even though they are not my favorite group I quite like BP and they all are bubbly with great personalities, which makes them easy to watch on variety shows too, instead of just listening to their music. I personally blame their company for the negative rep they have gotten as idols who do not take the idol part of their career seriously. I do not blame those four women in any way. As I stated I wish this was not the case, as they have the talent and spirit to be so much more legendary than their company is allowing them to be.

• Why are you even arguing about this when no Korean has ever called them that? International kpoppies dont decide who is Koreas national pride.

Blinks appropriating BTSs title doenst make it valid.

no one wants the title oh my god ;(

most blinks have moved on trolls are the ones who start this over and over again

• That is def worth it.

I am not discrediting that however the general public in Korea sadly does not view them as highly as the groups mentioned. I wish they did not have that reputation as even though they are not my favorite group I quite like BP and they all are bubbly with great personalities, which makes them easy to watch on variety shows too, instead of just listening to their music. I personally blame their company for the negative rep they have gotten as idols who do not take the idol part of their career seriously. I do not blame those four women in any way. As I stated I wish this was not the case, as they have the talent and spirit to be so much more legendary than their company is allowing them to be.

are you korean

• I dont think all armys are evil but the way you basically say its blinks fault and armys try to stop the bad armys like what?

Look at how you worded everything you say invidiual armys but then generalize and say blinks?

Army trolls had wide spread support from armys as well.

Jennie lazy scandal was blown up by armys , they created some fake phone ad that couldnt be skipped, tried to contract far right groups in India.

The way you basically say its Blinks that are the main reason there are issues while you say Individual armys says it all really.

• There is no widespread support for blinks who bash bts if u think armys don't have wide spread support when they bash bp. Since u agree that both fandoms are toxic. You really shouldn't be trying to paint this narrative that blinks have done it more against bts when armys have done equal or worse against blackpink. So ya all ur venting about how blinks are so toxic is really useless. It's best u ignore the fandom fights. Even i can dm twitter drama mocking and bashing bp from ur fandom that's not really CA.

• outside of ca

there were armys who made fake ads for spotify youtube etc also ''spread the bp get on their knees for achievments'' granted it was not a lot of armys but the fandom is big and even a minority is of huge numbers

frequent bodyshaming and slutshaming in general too

not saying blinks dont drag bts but yeah

Those are HUGE accusations - ARMY is the first to go after ARMY (right now older ARMY are going after young shooters stirring up crap) for such things, remember, our hit tweets get 30k - 150k easy. Can you give me receipts that slut-shaming, bodyshaming has gotten real hype from fans? And that ARMY didn't also attack it? (and that it was ARMY?)

This fandom has as LOT of flaws and in-fights and issues, but even slightly widespread nastiness lke that is not something I've seen or will believe until there's proof. That's not our culture; and that's my point, if it's something with less than 100 likes in a fandom of 30+ million, then that's not even the smallest part an accurate reflection of the fandom.

• This fandom has as LOT of flaws and in-fights and issues, but even slightly widespread nastiness lke that is not something I've seen or will believe until there's proof. That's not our culture;

U r delusional who only sees one side of the picture. I wouln't take u seriosusly from now on

• Those are HUGE accusations - ARMY is the first to go after ARMY (right now older ARMY are going after young shooters stirring up crap) for such things, remember, our hit tweets get 30k - 150k easy. Can you give me receipts that slut-shaming, bodyshaming has gotten real hype from fans? And that ARMY didn't also attack it? (and that it was ARMY?)

This fandom has as LOT of flaws and in-fights and issues, but even slightly widespread nastiness lke that is not something I've seen or will believe until there's proof. That's not our culture; and that's my point, if it's something with less than 100 likes in a fandom of 30+ million, then that's not even the smallest part an accurate reflection of the fandom.

none of these are accusation at least from my pov

i saw everything happen in front of my own eyes

the day yall accept that both fandoms have toxic and disgusting sides is the day we'll have peace

if it makes you feel better ik that blinks drag bts too the nazi issue taehyungs grandma and jimin too just like how armys bash bp

i know our hit tweets get a lot of likes

were you not aware of the amount of shit jennie got back in september?

t

• Only last week blinks were shading and shaming Indian army for their “looks” No army made a thread on it but it was on the timeline. That’s the difference. Shit happens to both fandoms and groups but you don’t see Armys crying about it on akp every day every minute.

• are you korean

I am speaking from numerous interviews that I have reviewed regarding this topic and what I have been advised by a close friend of mine and his family of what the current perspective is on this topic. As stated in the previous responses. I do not have any vendetta against the group I am only speaking on information gathered regarding their current status. I am not trying to start a fight with a blink on purpose or discredit their hard work.. :sweatr1:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!