[HOT TAKE] Blackpink doesn't deserve yet to be called "Korean Pride"

• Uknowwhat?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not even a blink but it is funny how you as an Army are saying things like this. You sure know that this have been the overused excuses by other fandoms and Skor. for invalidating BTS‘ success since 2015. I don’t know why some people get itchy about this but Blackpink might not be on a BTS level but they have achieved enough

BP has done really really well and blinks have a lot to be proud of.

However, there has been a persistent attempt by both YG AND many (not all) fans to paint them as even close to equals for years now and that is NOT TRUE and unfair to BTS's insane success; yes, they have achieved enough, but that's not why we're so friggin' sensitive.

We're sensitive because the false equivalency doesn't stop and is endless to the point the President's words are being hyped for something they're not, and when we point it out it's "MISOGYNNNNYYY" (poor, poor misused word) and this (which I'm seeing more and more lately) argument that "now ARMY fans are dismissing BP just like BTS were dismissed!!"

It's not the issue at all.

As it often does and has for years, it feels like the kpop community skipped right past the 'respecting and recognizing BTS's impact and artistry' and jumped right to looking for the next BTS and how to dismiss them and equivocate their groups with them. It's exhausting. It sucks, but a lot of blinks have been doing it forever. So ARMY are stabby and so so so tired.

All that being said this is a troll thread, BP and Twice are differently successful, and we should really leave BTS out of this, cause the league is different.

• Objectively speaking, it doesn't really make sense for BP to be called nation's pride when they haven't done anything of huge significance in Korea. BP along with groups like NCT and SVT are very popular but these groups have yet to reach even the level of Exo or SNSD in Korea, let alone the level of BTS.

• I am an Army since day one and I have witnessed the worst of YG‘s mediaplay. Nevertheless sensitivity should never be a reason for some people to bash another artist. I am also of the opinion that Blackpink is nowhere near BTS‘ success but people literally use the same excuses for invalidating another artist who is successful in their own way.

In my opinion no one should say Blackpink is as successful as BTS but people should be allowed to highlight the achievements that have been done by them.

Of course without trying to discredit BTS or any other artists.

• who in the fuck is saying that they're equal

:cryingr:

yall are getting so insecure over no fucking reason

• lol the above replies are full of hot takes too. Kpop stans really hate bp being successful

I understand your frustration but I hope next time you won't make things up and talk about other groups just because you are frustrated though. Because that will make you look like someone who undermine others' success too.

• I am an Army since day one and I have witnessed the worst of YG‘s mediaplay. Nevertheless sensitivity should never be a reason for some people to bash another artist. I am also of the opinion that Blackpink is nowhere near BTS‘ success but people literally use the same excuses for invalidating another artist who successful in their own way.

In my opinion no one should say Blackpink is as successful as BTS but people should be allowed to highlight the achievements that have been done by them.

no body absolutely nobody is saying that bp is as successful as bts

yall are the ones getting pressed and bashing and dragging them

• Objectively speaking, it doesn't really make sense for BP to be called nation's pride when they haven't done anything of huge significance in Korea. BP along with groups like NCT and SVT are very popular but these groups have yet to reach even the level of Exo or SNSD in Korea, let alone the level of BTS.

Lmfao this poor attempt at trolling. NCT and SVT are irrelevant in Korea while BP are the second biggest digital group currently active? They suppassed Exo long ago.

• I am an Army since day one and I have witnessed the worst of YG‘s mediaplay. Nevertheless sensitivity should never be a reason for some people to bash another artist. I am also of the opinion that Blackpink is nowhere near BTS‘ success but people literally use the same excuses for invalidating another artist who is successful in their own way.

Armys love to get baited by trolls and use any reason to put down and bash BP I guess.

I agree! I am not a fan of other-artist bashing, it's so stupid and just adds to the endless cycle. I dismiss all "well they did it too!" -ism for that stuff.

BP fans should hype the pinks and deserve to do so - unfortunately there's an angry feedback loop after years of a small group of vocal blinks constantly showing up when ARMY are hyping BTS and now it's just war. And I think that's exactly how YG wants it, too; it's like endless free publicity to have their names mentioned together.

My issue is with downplaying and up-playing achievements, but yeah everything else is just fanwar noise.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!