why do kpop fans think they are music experts?

• this is kpop. pop. not classical music. why do you guys act like artists aren't gonna release songs that sound like basic pop or like western pop?

complain complain complain. usually I see this with only big groups. also what's the deal with calling a song you dont like a flop?

Rosé on the ground is being called a flop because... people dont.....like it. I mean music is subjective, but stop acting like companies take music seriously. they need to make a hit really fast, so you cant really expect the song to sound so good like you expected.

on the ground sounds like a basic english pop song. Its basic. and that's fine.

really I do like when music sounds good but I mean right now the whole auto tune craze is getting bigger, so I can't really expect art.

also auto tune isnt bad. It's a style choice. Yeah I hate it but it's not a big deal.

also a lot of you think you know a thing or two about singing, when you dont. These are the same people that rely on MR removed videos...

anyways if u want to listen to good songs, make your own. #lifehack

#pop #sound #ontheground #iluvyouautotune #iworkedmywholelifejusttogethigh

• I mean...❤️ :claps:

work in progress

• Official Post

They watched a video with "music producer/vocal coach/dancer/director/musician reacts to ____" in the title.

• This is the same as how everyone is a hip hop historian when we talk about idols rapping. Suddenly 18 people show up like they just came from 1970's New York where they taught the local DJs/MCs to rap. People want to believe that their fave's are the best and their songs are the deepest and most soulful. So many delusions, it's just a pop song to make you move.

Please cry more.

• Disclaimer: I'm not talking about On The Ground.

I beg to differ.

I like K-pop because it doesn't sound like 'basic' pop and 'western pop'. Why can't I keep expecting that? It doesn't have to be classical music, but it also doesn't have to sound like every other song. I can appreciate both an orchestral song like Last Fantasy and a minimalistic song like Palette (which still has many different sounds to make it stand out).

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a 'basic' pop song. If there was, these songs wouldn't be popular. But if I like an artist because he does something that stands out, why can't I want him to continue doing this type of work?

And why can't companies take music seriously? Just because there's someone else that doesn't? And having to release hits in a short period of time is no excuse. That's why you work with multiple composers, arrangers and lyricists. Look at how many people worked on Red Velvet's last album.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Autotune is a stylistic choice. But I have the freedom to dislike it. I, myself, don't like it. I hate when it's used everywhere in every song.

And the final part. I doubt you would say "if you want a good book/TV show/TV series/movie/game, make your own". So why would it apply only to music? There's good music out there, I don't have to make it myself.

• Well I mean I understand where your coming from, I prefer songs that don't sound like western pop. And I am talking about kpop fans who are overly critical over music and research into every topic, paragraph, and lyric.

• This is the same as how everyone is a hip hop historian when we talk about idols rapping. Suddenly 18 people show up like they just came from 1970's New York where they taught the local DJs/MCs to rap. People want to believe that their fave's are the best and their songs are the deepest and most soulful. So many delusions, it's just a pop song to make you move.

Don’t try to flip this.. those idols SUCK and CANT RAP OR WRITE

• Don’t try to flip this.. those idols SUCK and CANT RAP OR WRITE

I’m just saying that it’s kpop idols rapping and people are examining it like the raps are supposed to be pulitzer prize worthy. People thinking they should be saying something important but since it’s kpop they can only rap about how their hearts go boom boom when someone is near. What do you guys expect?

Please cry more.

• ALL music fans are this way when they are passionate about the genre. I’ll never understand why Kpop fans think they’re the only ones that do this. Sit with a fan of hip hop or jazz or country and they will give you an earful about the genre. Folks complains it’s not as good as it used to be while other folks complain about the old people not being able to let it go. There are endless miles devoted to Lil Wayne vs Nas or the merits of Beyoncé’s voice. Folks will complain about tone vs style vs etc etc. That’s what music fans do. They talk about music. People that just want to listen to it with no further comment aren’t going on forums about it. They’re just listening and enjoying it.

:pepe-back-away:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• i find it more hilarious when people try to impose on others, how they should enjoy music. Music IS a serious topic for a lot of people, why can't it be talked about in a serious manner? If you want to just bop to bops, then do that. And leave the people who are looking for more, to look for that.

• Because some of us lead choirs and actually do make music.

Autotune is a style choice, yes. I don't tend to fault it, because it can't make you sing, it can only make you blend with electronica better. Pull autos to your vocals, fine whatever.

Rose is a slightly different case, because they want to push her as the lead vocal of a group, so why not showcase those vocals? The two songs were billed as "her solo", so showcase her solo. You have literally as many takes as you want to get the vocal line right, so why overlay it? Just let it sit. It's a very odd production decision.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!