Why do kpop idols make such a big deal about military conscription

• bruh you ain't going to be sent on a war, stop crying

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

all they'll have to do is move around chairs and peel potatoes anyways

• I wonder how would you feel if your hard work on a project falls apart bc of a sudden notice?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wonder how would you feel if your hard work on a project falls apart bc of a sudden notice?

He's 29, its a well known fact that males are supposed to enlist by age 28. He's should have planned his enlistment timing better instead of just delaying the inevitable. He probably thought through bts case would create possibility of idols getting exemption from military service but that flopped

• If you are someone like Ravi, than I can understand why you hate the army tho. I mean dude is broke as fuck and owns 3 companies so of cause he hated to enlist (and now hes in jail for the shit he done to not go to the army... wow)

Especially if you have no way to go around it but have reasons you don't want to enlist people may feel that its not fair to them. I recently heard of an idol who is allowed to not enlist cause he is the only person earning money in his entire family and when he would go than his mom would end up broke AF. Dude is an idol and works 3 other jobs on top just to be able to feed his family ooof

But if you have no specific thing that will make you really hate going to the army, I don't think people should be too upset about it. I mean imagine you are rich, don't loose any money when you enlist and still may earn money in the time you enlist (let's say cause people buy CDs and merch you sell) and you may even enlist as a social worker with a lot free time than I don't get why you would be too upset of enlisting. But let's say you're wife is sick, you have nobody who could look over her when you enlist and you know you will become broke when you don't work a normal job in that time, than I might understand it more.

There are actually 2 sides on the thing. You can't just say that everyone enlisting should stop act like a baby about it, sure there are people who should but many times people going to the army arn't rich, have nobody that can suport them and you don't know what will happen in the 1.5-2 years that you are gone

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I mean that's a year and a half of lost income. Also, while you're enlisting, someone newer and younger is taking your place.

I think this is more of an issue for actors and members of KPOP groups that haven't had their breakthrough.

People at the point of their careers like EXO, BTS, and Seventeen don't have to worry about that. At that point, it's just fans being sad their faves and bias aren't promoting.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Wouldn't army be paying them salary while they do their conscription service?

• Wouldn't army be paying them salary while they do their conscription service?

600 dollar a month for like 12 hours a day work

Do that math

• why don't you become an idol & enlist when ur going to have a comeback?

why don't you try it so you can finally shut the fck up huh?

Korean men are supposed to enlist by age 28, he kept on delaying and is even past 29 now, its not surprising he got called, its on him.

• Wish we could send certain people on this forum to enlist. Would limit the time they can spend on their phones spewing nonsensical hate. They probably wouldn't survive a day without it.

• 600 dollar a month for like 12 hours a day work

Do that math

Acording to a tax calculating website for Korean Won if you earn 600$ you pay 68$ imcome tax + based on the "average" number found in Google they also spend 19$ on healthcare insurance so basicly said they have around 500$ left

• Its low but conscipts don't have to pay rent or for food etc so it could be manageable.

They literally don't feed them enough food

People were crying when Minho got discharged bc the whole unit was feeding on the snacks shawols sent for Minho. With him gone, they were back to starving.

• They literally don't feed them enough food

People were crying when Minho got discharged bc the whole unit was feeding on the snacks shawols sent for Minho. With him gone, they were back to starving.

Starving troops? I see stuff like that being said by south korea about north korean army. Didn't knew south was is same situation. Or maybe its just a exaggeration.

I saw something similiar with my fsves. A.C.E enlisted and people noticed that all the hard training but little food they have made them look quit muscular all of a suddon, but only for those who have to work hard. The members who enlisted as social worker don't really have that (but than again A.C.E's wow was very muscular allready since he started to work out a lot around 2 years before he enlisted and was constantly on some random diets)

It is hard to believe people in military is starving more than kpop idols :pepeshock:

• Korean men are supposed to enlist by age 28, he kept on delaying and is even past 29 now, its not surprising he got called, its on him.

then again he's not a regular korean man

but like you can stop saying senseless shit here?

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• It is hard to believe people in military is starving more than kpop idols :pepeshock:

I mean not the kpop idols but for regular people the amount of food is very little

• The Korean military training system is known for it's grueling and borderline abusive training tactics. If I was going to a place where Korean military officials gas bombed the soliders with no gas mask as a way of training, I would have a full on breakdown. To be fair, the training system is more lenient with celebrities and now there are more safety regulations but thre Korean military system has failed it's soliders in terms of health and well being so many times, I'd be in TEARS

• The Korean military training system is known for it's grueling and borderline abusive training tactics. If I was going to a place where Korean military officials gas bombed the soliders with no gas mask as a way of training, I would have a full on breakdown. To be fair, the training system is more lenient with celebrities and now there are more safety regulations but thre Korean military system has failed it's soliders in terms of health and well being so many times, I'd be in TEARS

Bruh ofc, they are supposed to be training people for war, not for some kitty tea party. Also celebs get serious privilege, i doubt any idol is getting shoved in gas chamber. Its mostly cleaning and moving chairs around for them.

• Bruh ofc, they are supposed to be training people for war, not for some kitty tea party. Also celebs get serious privilege, i doubt any idol is getting shoved in gas chamber. Its mostly cleaning and moving chairs around for them.

Even then, if you went from selling millions of albums and performing almost daily to moving chairs and cleaning, you wouldn't cry?? I know I would taehyun.gif

• Bruh ofc, they are supposed to be training people for war, not for some kitty tea party. Also celebs get serious privilege, i doubt any idol is getting shoved in gas chamber. Its mostly cleaning and moving chairs around for them.

Minho was parachuting off planes into cold ocean

UltraKdramaMama — Minho was featured on the cover and in an...

Yes very true. So most of the soldiers are hungry. This money is not enough. While the men are doing their art and music. Suddenly, private spaces disappear from stages where you have to sleep in the same place with a lot of people in one room. Military service is definitely difficult, even if it is not a war period. I don't think Minho was having fun, even for someone as ambitious and competitive as himself, he admitted it was difficult on the Knowing Bros. Taemin probably erased all his memories there. It's hard for the fans too, I think it's too sad to wait 2 years to hear their music again.

• WHY HUMANS...HAVE NO SYMPATHY NO MORE! NO HUMANS HAVE SYMPATHY FOR OTHER HUMANS...PEOPLE HATING ON YOU BAD GUY....BUT YOU GOTTA SAY YOUR OPINION...EVERYBODY....HAS TO SPEAK THEIR TRUTH. EVEN IF...WRONG AND EVIL. WHAT IF I SENT YOU...YOU...OUT TO WAR...WITH THE GUNS..AND BOMBS...AND YOU HAD TO GO AND FIGHT? FIGHT?! FIGHT!!!!! WOULD NOT BE FUNNY NO MORE USER BAD GUY...WOULD NOT BE FUNNY NO MORE! LEAVE KAI ALONE! EVIL...PERSON...FORGIVE YOU THOUGH, BECAUSE....THAT'S WHAT GOOD HUMANS DO...FORGIVE.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• This thread contains 40 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!