Korea to crack down hard on military evasion. Male idols in danger?

• Maybe this is why Kai got the sudden call? Male idols are not safe anymore when it comes to postponing military enlistment.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think Op is talking about BTS this time, everyone knows they have postponement under BTS law. There are other idols who misused the law despite not being eligible and delayed enlisting beyond 28 years of age who will face the crackdown.

• I don't think Op is talking about BTS this time, everyone knows they have postponement under BTS law. There are other idols who misused the law despite not being eligible and delayed enlisting beyond 28 years of age who will face the crackdown.

OP posting an ARMY tweet calling out foolishness isn't lost on me. How did you miss that?

• i do remember tmikpop recently naming various idols who got exposed for this

ravi was one of them, right?

knetz were commenting about how this would affect others when articles about that came out & we're already seeing the consequences of it.

• this is all very confusing. if EXO members were able to receive this why would Kai be summoned now, out of nowhere?

I think its pretty clear that many were delaying beyond even their 29th bday and the government was not going hard on them. Now they are. The age is 28 years and its been that for a while now, so what is surprising?

This is why posts on AKP confused me when people used to normalise staying beyond the 29th birthday as if its a common occurrence and allowable, its apparent now that enforcement of the law was not strict enough, that has changed.

• I was responding to the BTS Law trending on Twitter and people dragging Suga for not enlisting.

There an incredible case of short term memory loss here when Jin was getting dragged all over for not enlisting. He revoked his granted postponement and went. Now same with JHope

• The sudden change is bc of duckstick Ravi

It's only affecting idols who will apply for social work

External Content www.youtube.com

• The sudden change is bc of duckstick Ravi

It's only affecting idols who will apply for social work

Why will only idols who apply for social work be made to draft early? Its about the age clearly. There are people who have stayed out beyond the age stipulated by law, hence they are being made to draft.

Ravi's case has only ensured idols do not misuse laws in any way by making the enforcement of all provisions stricter, therefore the crackdown.

• Why will only idols who apply for social work be made to draft early? Its about the age clearly. There are people who have stayed out beyond the age stipulated by law, hence they are being made to draft.

Ravi's case has only ensured idols do not misuse laws in any way by making the enforcement of all provisions stricter, therefore the crackdown.

It's not drafting early

It's not being able to choose the exact time and place of enlistment assignment

So far the restrict measures and short notice have only been applied to Winner Mino and Kai and both applied for public service.

The active duty applicant still have more space and notice on timeline and location.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Sorry, I meant the shorter notice for those who stayed beyond 29 years of age. Has Sehun also applied for social service and his enlistment is delayed cause he is 29 too IIRC?

• I'm confused but isn't suga a 93 liner? why is kai is forced to enlist first? this whole doesn't make sense for me

I feel bad because he was preparing for exo's comeback ( all members )

Are you ignorant or being one purposefully? BTS have been granted postponement by law till they complete 30 years of age under a law passed specifically for them, way back in 2020. So Suga has till his 31st bday to enlist.

You can read this article for more info

South Korea Passes 'BTS Law' Allowing K-Pop Stars to Postpone Military Service
    New exemption comes days before the group’s oldest member, Kim Seok-jin, turns 28, the age able-bodied South Korean men must enlist
    www.google.com

• I was responding to the BTS Law trending on Twitter and people dragging Suga for not enlisting.

There an incredible case of short term memory loss here when Jin was getting dragged all over for not enlisting. He revoked his granted postponement and went. Now same with JHope

Pretty sure Yoongi already picked out his date. It's not like he's so close to turning 31 and then going to enlist. He just turned 30 less than two months (March 9) and his concert ends June 25. He's most likely going to enlist as a public service worker in July.

• Pretty sure Yoongi already picked out his date. It's not like he's so close to turning 31 and then going to enlist. He just turned 30 less than two months (March 9) and his concert ends June 25. He's most likely going to enlist as a public service worker in July.

Trying to explain the BTS Law to fans of other groups is difficult at best.

Correct me if I am wrong but BTS didn’t ask for this law and are constantly dragged for it. The SK government made it when other Entertainment Industries were asking for the criteria for postponement.

• I'm confused but isn't suga a 93 liner? why is kai is forced to enlist first? this whole doesn't make sense for me

I feel bad because he was preparing for exo's comeback ( all members )

yup suga is 93 liner (well he's the only 93' in BTS )

but then again he (Suga) doesn't have to enlist until he's 30 but ig he has until the end of 2023 to enlist because of the "BTS law" . the BTS law is "K-pop entertainers who have received government medals for helping spread or elevate the country's cultural influence around the world can apply for deferment of their military service." It applies to K-pop idols who have been awarded SK's Hwagwan Orders Of Cultural Merit . BTS became the youngest recipients and in being awarded this, they can postpone their enlistment until they turn 30 since the law gives them 2 extra years (age to enlist is 28) or in Suga's case, he can psotpone it until the end of 2023 (since he's on tour)

hope this helps

same . but maybe they filmed it?

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Are you ignorant or being one purposefully? BTS have been granted postponement by law till they complete 30 years of age under a law passed specifically for them. So Suga has till his 31st bday to enlist.

imagine thinking I need to be up to date with bts lol I didn't know about the rules and whatnot especially when it has been going for so long weren't some things revised? at the end jin and Jhope enlisted already, so I assumed suga was gonna enlist this year too. There is nothing wrong with asking something I don't know but here you are insulting people

• you don't have to be rude. i had no idea either. many people don't.

oh please

almost everyone knows

this was BUZZING when BTS announced enlistment

when Jin announced enlistment

don't act like y'all don't know

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Honestly don't know why this matters

If you are a normal law abiding citizen this shouldn't make you scared one bit

Yeah but Kai was gonna go at the end of this year, but suddenly they called him now and made him go in a week. That means Exo can’t make a comeback. How come he was suddenly called like that? Did someone snitch on him or what?

• you don't have to be rude. i had no idea either. many people don't.

Well it was international news, here you can read more articles to know more

New ‘BTS Law’ Is Passed in South Korea. An Army of Fans Rejoices. (Published 2020)
    The oldest member of BTS was saved at the last minute from having to join the military under the country’s conscription system.
    www.nytimes.com

South Korea lets BTS postpone military service - BBC News
    Certain K-pop stars will now have the chance to delay mandatory service until the age of 30.
    www.bbc.com

South Korea passes law to allow BTS to postpone military service
    South Korea's parliament on Tuesday passed a bill to allow globally recognised K-pop artists such as BTS to postpone their mandatory military service to age 30.
    www.reuters.com

• imagine thinking I need to be up to date with bts lol I didn't know about the rules and whatnot especially when it has been going for so long weren't some things revised? at the end jin and Jhope enlisted already, so I assumed suga was gonna enlist this year too. There is nothing wrong with asking something I don't know but here you are insulting people

You literally know Suga's age, that is how up to date you are with BTS.

• You literally know Suga's age, that is how up to date you are with BTS.

all I knew that he is a 93 liner so you don't know jennie's age or any other member? I have no clue about the new military laws though last thing I knew is you are supposed to enlist when you are 30 . You are acting like this because you are shady with blackpink and you assume I have a hidden agenda juts like you do with blackpink

• all I knew that he is a 93 liner I have no clue about the new military laws though last thing I knew is you are supposed to enlist when you are 30 . You are acting like this because you are shady with blackpink and you assume I have a hidden agenda juts like you do with blackpink

Well when your first post and immediate reaction is why Kai and not Suga.....

• Trying to explain the BTS Law to fans of other groups is difficult at best.

Correct me if I am wrong but BTS didn’t ask for this law and are constantly dragged for it. The SK government made it when other Entertainment Industries were asking for the criteria for postponement.

So the BTS law is not ANYTHING new. First and Second gen idols didn't have to do shit to get the extension/postponement before. All they had to do was apply and they could all go by the age of 30 but no later than 31. Then in 2018, the South Korean government changed it to just 28 yo no postponement. And you can imagine the uproar. That was the year BTS started getting historic highs and their order of cultural merit. The government, with the help of egging on by other agencies, started updating us on changes they will make and BTS was made the poster child of these discussions for two years.

Then in 2020, they finally reverted back to what they used to do in the previous generations but this time put a hiccup in order for anyone else to postpone their draft, the order of cultural merit. Jin was eligible and took advantage of that and postponed. That got him and BTS dragged for years but others skirted on by because SK didn't enforce the law hard enough. Jin finally canceled his postponement which was still in effect before he turned 31 to enlist but got tired of the mind games the government and Hybe were playing.

Then the Ravi situation was probed for months until it was finally revealed he was being stupid and evading the law. And now the government will start cracking down on their own lax laws that allowed this to happen in the first place.

TLDR: BTS safe. Everyone else isn't. Being 28 and some months old is okay but if male idols don't have the order of cultural merit, they can not delay their enlistment past 29 yo.

• When nothing works blame Hybe, they should join Armys in trending against Hybe. We have the same enemy come on :cryingr:

like i have so much to say about that exol throwing a tantrum to hybe but at this point hybe deserves all the lashings even for the things they didn't do idc :cryingr:

• This thread contains 39 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!