Will BTS snub at the Grammys lead to a more provocative style of music?

• Now BTS has nothing more to prove in the mainstream, I do expect its music will go more experimental.

BTS snubbed in the Grammys means no matter what it does it won't be accepted in the mainstream.

There is the famous example of IU, who was given the Lifetime Achievement Award at MAMA when she was 21, and on 2015 she answered it with Chatshire, which has been her most experimental and provocative album of all (although it remains to be seen what the upcoming album might contain).

From 2015 Lee Jieun had taken over all directorship of her own albums, so it was her decision to become provocative, to say 'f you' to the KPop establishment.

Most of the flak went to her b side song Zeze, so her title Twenty Three was attacked less.

Still, the attack on Chatshire was so severe that she did not release an album on 2016, and returned with the mainstream ballad Through the Night in the spring of 2017, for which she was given a Grand Prize from Golden Disk (but still none from MAMA for which she is not eligible for a Grand Prize to this day).

===

This snubbing might lead to a provocative album from BTS, followed by the military services of the older BTS members, and a brief opportunity to release a new album on 2023 followed by the military services of the younger members.

• I want them to do what they want to do. I would say MOTS:7 was experimental. Hell, one could say that BE was quite experimental for a kpop album, lol.

I personally wish they didn't focus too much on Grammys anyway, but they probably will release another english song this year for this purpose. I'm looking forward to it, since it's something they want to make. I just hope they take more parts in the writing and the production this time.

• Me personally, i wish they'd go back to the darker sounds, like Tear era, and move away from the more western production (dynamite and life goes on), but they change alot and its only been 6 months, so im assuming they will

• MOTS was kind of experimental already imo compared to the styles of their previous albums. I don't think it will change much except for BTS wanting to be more and more involved in the album. For me personally I prefer their earlier music style. Just pure pop perfection. So if they were to go back to that sound I would not mind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!