Aespa outselling all girl groups including Blackpink, Ive. Are their sales real or not?

• Aespa next album will end up with more than 2M preorders, which means it’s even higher than Blackpink. No other 4th gen girl groups manage to outsell Girls even after a year hiatus, Ive still can’t beat Aespa’s first week sales after all those hits. Blackpink, Ive are both outdoing Aespa on the charts, yet Aespa has higher sales, people on Twitter said SM is manipulating it.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• AESPA and Blackpink keep replacing each other about the most preorder album

GIRLS was the most preorder album

Then Blackpink came back with BORNPINK and became the most preorder GG album

I guess MY WOLRD will become the most preorder GG album

Until Blackpink came back with another album and take the top spot, then aespa will cb and take the top spot etc....

And ppl are just mad because they keep pushing this Aespa numbers are fake even during Girls era

Just for girls to end up being the longest charting 4th gen gg album on Billboard top album sales chart

+ Their numbers aren't surprising when you compare how they did with GIRLS and how much their fandom grew when you see how their concert is selling out and how much stream Hold on tight is doing daily

A non promoted OST released just few week ago is already in the top 30 of the most stream kpop songs in 2023

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• If you’ve paid attention to female 4th g groups at all over the past year none of this will surprise you. Girls broke records for female physical sales and then Born Pink surpassed it. I’m pretty sure the biggest blink of all, HardcoreBLINK, even predicted that Aespa’s new album would be the highest selling female album this year. Aespa has always dominated in physical sales, but hasn’t performed as well digitally.

Yeah but why is Aespa so strong in album sales? They sell more than Blackpink when Blackpink is 10 times more known globally

• Yeah but why is Aespa so strong in album sales? They sell more than Blackpink when Blackpink is 10 times more known globally

Aespa have a strong chinese, japanese and koreans fanbase

And asian fanbase are usually much bigger buyer than western fans

Western fans are okay with buying 1-2 album

While asian fans buys each, 20 album

The fandom culture in western and asia is very different

That's why a lot of groups are doing well in western while doing poorly in asia for example mid-size GG but it doesn't really help them with their sales

And actually your mistaking pre-order for real sales, because bornpink had 1.8M but the album sold more than 2.5M

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• i mean its similar to bp. this is after a long hiatus, so obv mys want more aespa right? sm better not do this again

Honestly no I don't think it's similar to BP.

Aespa has a hiatus yes but it's not to BP level. I don't think it's the "hiatus build hype" kind of argument, aespa has always had a strong fanbase people are just dismissing them because their songs didn't do as strong digitally as other releases or Next Level and think they are flopping, when in fact it is undeniable that they have always been strong

• they have dedicated fandom sm stans are lot

Yeah it's all thanks to Sm stan and have aespa doesn't have any individual fans

We all know it's like this for every SM groups

That's why when aespa is selling 2M almost

Red velvet just start to sold 1M album with their last album

And shinee can't sell 1M album yet

But yeah it's all thanks to SM STAN 😑

Can't wait for the next dumb illogical argument you'll use next time

• OFC its real. Aespa has a huge chinese fanbase. Just did a quick search on twitter, can't find any final numbers but as of March 22nd (so 2.5 weeks before the album dropped) IVE's China bars pre-ordered around 60k total (If anyone has better links for IVE please share them, not sure its 100% accurate considering I heard WY bar bought over 100k of Afterlike and I haven't heard of any IVE China scandal)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For Aespa Karina alone had 292k pre-orders

and a total of 335k sales

Can't find the other two but Ning2 had 213k pre-orders

And I think they sold over 600k in China last update we had.

• Ive total preorders sales were not revealed, Starship never reveal their preorder numbers. We'll only find out after gaon update.

I do not find far fetched that aespa sells the most though, they have a clear image and a big fandom, and their comeback is much anticipated.

Bgs prove that charts and sales arent correlated.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Wonyoung cbar confirmed 100k pre orders on weibo and twitter for this era(8 april)

They want boycotted this comeback cause they think starshit mismanaged wonyoung ...the reasons of her sales

• Ive total preorders sales were not revealed, Starship never reveal their preorder numbers. We'll only find out after gaon update.

I do not find far fetched that aespa sells the most though, they have a clear image and a big fandom, and their comeback is much anticipated.

V interesting on starships side. Those numbers were from the China bar only and they are also the ones who normally announce it, normally on fan pages and on twitter.

The cbar individual revelead the sales....no starship ones...starship has limited jewel albums ver individuels....on their site ...tho..pretty hard at buy

• V interesting on starships side. Those numbers were from the China bar only and they are also the ones who normally announce it, normally on fan pages and on twitter.

Yeah I dont think sse ever announced preorder numbers, they could have done it for ive's singles since it was the first time a gg single sold 1m, but it looks like they dgaf, which is kinda cool.

I read somewhere that they sold 200k on Starship Square, and they didnt restock, but that was before Kitsch was released iirc.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Wonyoung cbar confirmed 100k pre orders on weibo and twitter for this era(8 april)

They want boycotted this comeback cause they think starshit mismanaged wonyoung ...the reasons of her sales

Thanks for confirming and explaining, really surprised they think she's mismanaged, what do they want? More solo work? Less work so she's not as overworked? Protecting her from hate?

• The cbar individual revelead the sales....no starship ones...starship has limited jewel albums ver individuels....on their site ...tho..pretty hard at buy

Sorry just realised I phrased it wrong, I was talking only about China bar pre-orders to show that IVE's China bar isn't as big as Aespa's, I'll amend now

Edit - Read back and it seems fine so I'm not sure what point your trying to make? I was only comparing C-bar to C-bar

• their sales are from china.....or sm or now kakao

sike bro

do you really wanna play the Kakao game now? like do you?

External Content www.youtube.com

Why is Wonyoung bar buying less now? They used to buy 300K during After Like

• she'll probably do the double of what she did with GIRLS

Because thanks to MY WORLD preorder now she hold both top spot as the fastest cbar to reach 100K pre-order

And some fans still didn't preorder because they prefer to see the album details to see which photobook and pc interest them more

But yeah Karina, Ningning and Winter cbar are doing some crazy number this era

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!