As you get older, how much “don’t judge a book by its cover” hold true to you?

• As you get older, how much “don’t judge a book by its cover” hold true to you? 4

1. Always believed in it. I’m not superficial or racist (3) 75%
    2. Believe in it less as I did before (0) 0%
    3. It’s BS. 90% of the time the book cover reflects its content (1) 25%
    4. It’s completely untrue (0) 0%

People are easily fooled by a pretty or handsome face

• I don't think that saying only applies to physical look

It's referring to first impressions

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Physical appearance is often misleading, first impressions however are not.

I can usually tell the moment somebody enters a room whether this is someone I'm going to get along with or not.

• Physical appearance is often misleading, first impressions however are not.

I can usually tell the moment somebody enters a room whether this is someone I'm going to get along with or not.

It’s called self-perpetuating bias. You see someone that fits within your brain’s preferences and it automatically adjusts its thinking towards that person

• It’s called self-perpetuating bias. You see someone that fits within your brain’s preferences and it automatically adjusts its thinking towards that person

Partially maybe, but studies have shown that our first impressions are indeed fairly accurate.

• Partially maybe, but studies have shown that our first impressions are indeed fairly accurate.

There was a point in time where the first impressions people had of seeing foreigners was seeing a non-human. So those studies are bull. First impressions are extremely connected to bias

• There was a point in time where the first impressions people had of seeing foreigners was seeing a non-human. So those studies are bull. First impressions are extremely connected to bias

Let me know when your own study has been published. I'll make sure to give it a read.

• Partially maybe, but studies have shown that our first impressions are indeed fairly accurate.

I agree

If someone's first impression is biased, that bias wont go away just bc they got to know someone more. Biased minds tend to stay biased.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I try not to judge, but as I have been judged most of my life for being "different", I am always wary of people and think they have an ulterior motive. I have trust issues.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!