Correcting misinformation (ft twice & BP)

• No twice was not the most streamed GG last year in the US,it was still BP overall (Spotify+Apple music+YT music etc)

Twice was the most streamed GG on US Spotify cause Spotify only counts streams from Jan-oct, meaning Nov/Dec are always never counted on Spotify, if they were BP will be #1 due to Born Pink being released sept 👍

No twice is not holding an NA stadium tour this year meaning BP will still be the first to hold an actual NA stadium tour (including EU & Asia & LATAM lol) however twice will be the first to hold sold out NFL stadium show in the US 👍

Twice is not the best selling GG in the US, that's still BP (best selling = pure sales + streams counted) however twice is indeed currently the best selling K-pop GG in pure sales 👍

There's probably more but all this has greatly contributed to onces thinking they actually stand to be #1 GG in the US

Born Pink was an underperformance for BP standards in the US, u guys should look forward (or not lol) to their upcoming EP infact their entire 2023 stats,imo that will show BP actual standing in the US right now & just how not close twice is to BP 💯

• let me add this to the thread you might include this in your op if you want

highest on-demand streams for kpop ggs on bb200:

1.) blackpink, the album, 2020 - 40.3M
    2.) blackpink, born pink, 2022 - 37.49M
    3.) blackpink, ktl, 2019 - 12.4M
    4.) blackpink, square up, 2018 - 12M
    3.) twice, formula of love, 2021 - 12M
    4.) twice, ready to be, 2023 - 10.28M

• its just (crazy) onces that think twice is above bp in any way, shape or form

its just boring talking back with them

Clearly not boring enough you still do it hahaha. But anyways BP is doing great and so is Twice. Twice has the most albums sold and BP has more streams. They both can tour to amazing numbers. It’s that simple.

• They never disputed this as far as I know

• Spotify wrapped always counts Jan-oct

BTS could not release a song for years and no boy group would have more streams than them on Spotify. This is the difference between BP level of fame and BTS.BYS can’t be topped at all on anything. BP can given the right circumstances.

• Clearly not boring enough you still do it hahaha. But anyways BP is doing great and so is Twice. Twice has the most albums sold and BP has more streams. They both can tour to amazing numbers. It’s that simple.

Twice has the most physical albums sold not most album units cause I'm not even sure they surpassed BP in digital albums sold

BP still has more album units at almost 2.5M units across all their albums (2 EPs & 2 albums)

• See this thread wouldn’t be needed if onces knew their place💀 I said what I said

The thread wouldn’t be needed if BP actually dominated like BTS. You don’t see EXOls or SVT fans making threads about BTS because no matter how long BTS doesn’t release music no one will have more Spotify numbers than them.

• Twice has the most physical albums sold not most album units cause I'm not even sure they surpassed BP in digital albums sold

BP still has more album units at almost 2.5M units across all their albums (2 EPs & 2 albums)

Twice has sold more albums in total.

• BTS could not release a song for years and no boy group would have more streams than them on Spotify. This is the difference between BP level of fame and BTS.BYS can’t be topped at all on anything. BP can given the right circumstances.

Agreed & wanna know how?

In 2017 BTS charted on under bubbling with spring day then BP charted even higher with aiiyl

Naturally BTS DNA charted on hot 100 & naturally BP Nov CB should chart also higher but guess what? BP took a year hiatus 🚶

Said pattern kept repeating till this day when BTS released 9 albums(almost 100 songs!!) since their first hot 100 entry while BP released 4 (just 16 songs...)

If BP went with BTS intensity,they will also be untouchable right now in every metric

• Ofc it’s this shady once being obtuse as per, bringing up bts to deflect like I don’t remember them having 30 fucking songs and a hiatus each year. Y’all getting bold and for what💀 bp biggest kpop gg in us cope

BP is the biggest girl group in America haha. I don’t disagree. But Twice is also big there. I bring in BTS just as an example of a group that truly dominates.

• The thread wouldn’t be needed if BP actually dominated like BTS. You don’t see EXOls or SVT fans making threads about BTS because no matter how long BTS doesn’t release music no one will have more Spotify numbers than them.

Soon enough with BP eng singles debut imminent 🙂

Tho I imagine NJ will still give them a run for their money (even BTS records won't be safe)

• Sure, the big word there being IF. They could just as easily not. Releasing more albums does not guarantee you do exponentially well every time

• Soon enough with BP eng singles debut imminent 🙂

Tho I imagine NJ will still give them a run for their money (even BTS records won't be safe)

I do hope BP does well with their releases. Though I do want their music quality to increase a little. The same wants I have for twice as you know I have been critical of their last few releases for their lack of catchiness and longevity.

NJs I think can combine the strengths of BP and Twice. That’s why I see a stronger future for them than either of the before mentioned groups. The future is most probably NJs.

• Sure, the big word there being IF. They could just as easily not. Releasing more albums does not guarantee you do exponentially well every time

Explain how twice keeps charting better with each CB then 💀

Obviously album wise,twice were never in the race when it comes to creating US hits 💀

U know quite well BP will be untouchable if they had more songs point blank

• BP has sold more albums in total

US uses units methodology to count album/song sales (pure sales + streams)

Twice has one component & that warrants accreditation in itself but BP is the best selling K-pop GG in the US with almost 2.5M album units sold while twice has less than that 😌

I’m saying out of all their albums, in total. But yes Twice is the best selling pure sales group in the US and BP is the best selling including streams. But overall including every album it is Twice with the most sales. They have close to 16 or 17 million by now.

• I do hope BP does well with their releases. Though I do want their music quality to increase a little. The same wants I have for twice as you know I have been critical of their last few releases for their lack of catchiness and longevity.

NJs I think can combine the strengths of BP and Twice. That’s why I see a stronger future for them than either of the before mentioned groups. The future is most probably NJs.

BP will do more than okay 😌

NJ is a beast so far but they might never be able to match BP global popularity (being first has its advantages u know) they will be huge fo sure but as long as BP continues as a group,they will always be bigger

• Explain how twice keeps charting better with each CB then 💀

Obviously album wise,twice were never in the race when it comes to creating US hits 💀

U know quite well BP will be untouchable if they had more songs point blank

I have my criticisms of Twice. When did I say they are charting better? I’m not talking about Twice. I said releasing more doesn’t guarantee more streams, that’s clear with twice. I want twice to return to their routes with more catchy songs not necessarily cute. I think Twice could learn a lot from their juniors like Ive and NJs. But I do think Twice is past their streaming prime. I think BP is in their prime and I think NJs is just starting.

• Twice has sold more albums in total.

And BP has more streams, tour revenue, chart entries, recognition and sales in the us and by a large gap alogn with longevity yet you try to say they don't have any dominatio over twice, despite them doing mostly big debuts and thats it.

Like BP longest charting album is over 18 weeks above twice longest, in the same fashion BP has debuted 7 songs on the hot 100 and 3 on the bubbling under this decade giving 25 weeks of charting, while twice has done 4 between bubbling and hot100, how isn't that total domination?

• BP will do more than okay 😌

NJ is a beast so far but they might never be able to match BP global popularity (being first has its advantages u know) they will be huge fo sure but as long as BP continues as a group,they will always be bigger

BP needs to release better music. Their music isn’t that good for the amount of time is between two releases. Not saying it’s bad but I’ll use the famous words of Jisoo. Not bad… but not good either just ok. But of course BP has loyal fans so really no matter their release they will be successful. The same is true of Twice to a lesser extent.

NJs will probably do better than BP. Being first doesn’t matter much. BP is an older group, it’s natural for the new groups to start to eclipse the older groups.

• I have my criticisms of Twice. When did I say they are charting better? I’m not talking about Twice. I said releasing more doesn’t guarantee more streams, that’s clear with twice. I want twice to return to their routes with more catchy songs not necessarily cute. I think Twice could learn a lot from their juniors like Ive and NJs. But I do think Twice is past their streaming prime. I think BP is in their prime and I think NJs is just starting.

With BP it definitely does 👀

Twice can benefit from k-pop increasingly global exposure so then getting a hit is not impossible but they have to do certain things right (something jyp doesn't seem capable of doing)

• Spotify wrapped always counts Jan-oct

I actually asked this once but I think they just don’t count Nov/Dec someone told me let me look it up haha

Spotify Wrapped only counts January through October 31. It's been confirmed by spotify in news outlets. I don't know if they use the Wrapped stats for other records though

Yeah I checked the wiki on this and a journalist suggested they might be doing this to keep the Christmas songs away from Spotify wrapped

• BP needs to release better music. Their music isn’t that good for the amount of time is between two releases. Not saying it’s bad but I’ll use the famous words of Jisoo. Not bad… but not good either just ok. But of course BP has loyal fans so really no matter their release they will be successful. The same is true of Twice to a lesser extent.

NJs will probably do better than BP. Being first doesn’t matter much. BP is an older group, it’s natural for the new groups to start to eclipse the older groups.

I think SD is a masterpiece but PV is not IT(probably YG mandated release cause they lazy af)

I think BP will reach a new level when they start putting out eng singles, they are nowhere near their peak

Stuff like Grammy's/bbmas/amas main categories are within their reach & it seems they might actually start TRYING this year 🤞

• With BP it definitely does 👀

Twice can benefit from k-pop increasingly global exposure so then getting a hit is not impossible but they have to do certain things right (something jyp doesn't seem capable of doing)

With the type of music Twice releases they won’t have a hit line their last ones again. Twice missed their streaming peak. They didn’t join Spotify until 2018 which is after they released their biggest hits and when they were in their more middle hit phase. Also Kpop was still entering the global market. BP benefits from how they are produced and marketed. In that way YG is very smart. Twice went with the more girls next door idols which is good for the start but it’s hard to maintain that cool factor. BP didn’t have that problem. The girls are what made BP of course. With other girls the YG strategy could have easily failed.

• This thread contains 81 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!