The reason I quit MOBAs:

• Start a allkpop party for Vainglory Community Edition 1

1. Yes (0) 0%
    2. No (1) 100%

The main MOBA I played the most was Vainglory, I also have played a lot of Extraordinary Ones (other MOBA by Onmyoji Arena developers)

The reason why I stopped having fun with it is well, I would only get a good match every two or three matches. I realized that MOBAs are only fun if you can get a match which is equal and intense, and fun for both sides. And it's random chance whether that happens or not. It will only be fun if your actions in the game actually feel like they matter: if there is no snowballing and everyone plays with about the same level of intelligence. But there is no way to guarantee that the match will fulfill those exact conditions that need to happen for it to be fun. So when you play, you may have fun, you may win too easily, you may be losing from the first 3 minutes. The quality of the game is highly up to random chance. Just like how in Mafia, the fun you have in the game is highly dependent on whether you get a role or not. It's just random and that is why it takes too much time for too little return.

(By the way I tried to learn how to defend getting snowballed on but it's really hard to come back. So although I would still try to win it would feel pointless most of the time)

I guess that is why people say to party with your friends on MOBAs so you have a better chance of a good match, or it doesn't matter what happens in the game because you still have fun anyway.

• Indeed, it is better if you play with your friends. That's also the reason I quit from time to time, because of the unfair matchmaking when I play solo.

• Indeed, it is better if you play with your friends. That's also the reason I quit from time to time, because of the unfair matchmaking when I play solo.

Yes, it applies to other games with a ranked system too, like social deduction games, it can be fruitless trying to act like a pro player and just playing ranked by yourself, when there are so many factors of the game you can't control that might just cause you to lose or win too easily and it's not fun.

• What does MOBA stand for?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Same.

Surprisingly I kept playing moba for some years, dota, lol, mobile legends, aov, hon, wild rift, etc.

My latest is pokemon unite, simply because I like pokemon but then they had this weird matchmaking where if you are doing too well on previous matches, you will be placed together by a bunch of bad ones.

Indeed, it is better if you play with your friends. That's also the reason I quit from time to time, because of the unfair matchmaking when I play solo.

True, playing with friends is the only way to have fun for me. Because we could do combos together, being a whole circus, etc ^^

good ol days

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!