What’s up with the hate against KAI just as his music was released?

• I have stopped engaging with antis as much as I did few years ago, I’m getting too old for this shit but……

Ever since the teasers started, there has been a tremendous spike in the hate activity against Kai which I don’t get why.

For fckers who are saying that he’s dodging enlistment, bruh….

EXO is the last group that will try to dodge any type of enlistment and they don’t even have the luxury of postponing 1 or 2 years so if they want to stretch their time as much before the deadline, I feel like they can and it’s not illegal or immoral.

Also, just to make it clear, I think people may know who I’m talking about. I don’t need to call out their name, these fckers will get what they deserve.

Also, I’ve been reading about some dumb fake news and rumors being spread:-

1. Yes, Rover is sampled as far as I know.

It’s not a fcking cover.

2. The original artist and producers are credited but some people have crossed the line and started DMing the original singer who posted a screenshot highlighting the appropriate credits being credited. I hope DARA doesn’t see more hate because it’s getting out of control.

3. What’s the problem with it if it’s a sample that was released before? Did you know I heard All I Got by Baekhyun way before since it was released by Tone Stith before SM bought it.

This doesn’t take anything away from any artist involved, in fact, KAI should be commended for taking such a great song and making it even better.

Also, this hate is nothing new but it was not as fierce as it was last comeback so this is a bit disorienting.

Anyway, all I would say is to spread love and peace, not hatred towards any artist.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Go to Best Answer
  • if it's coming from armys it's probably payback due to the whole plagiarism accusations that have been going around on twitter from exols. from their pic with jin touching his head to j-hope's photofolio concept (bts official insta was spammed by exols who have little else to do). ever since jin enlisted it seems like both fandoms have bee more at each others throats if that's possible.

it really has nothing to do with kai. the song is great and all of this is just bringing more attention to it which works for kai.

who are "these fckers will get what they deserve"?

• can you enlighten me

these two songs

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

isnt sampling only using a portion of the song.

from here these two uses the same thing even beat and style of singing just diff language and words

even when she goes "blah blah". kai goes "fake fake".

so is this more like a cover? or isnt there a third way like using the sample but adding instrumental. im geniunely curious. whats the legal process. did sm just buy the song outright changed the lyrics and gave it to kai?

cuz i remember ive getting a sample for after like but it was just the hook and they add some other beats to it. that was what they said was a sample.

• OP is wrong it's not a sample it's a remake. But it's not a "cover" SM and Kai bought the song from the artists just the way they buy demos. Everyone buys demos. Sure the original artist has released the song on youtube but in terms of copyright it's the same way buying a demo works not sure what's difficult to understand lol.

It's not any different than call me baby or monster or any other song lol or literally the rest of kpop as well that buys demos.

• SM probably bought it just like they bought Next Level for AESPA and redid it.

I don't get the point to buying an already released song and rereleasing it, but it got AESPA their 1st hit so I guess it's whatever.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• ok that makes sense. couldn't they have adjusted the song more. This just straight up lyric change and call it a day. well that's just me. anyways its good he's fans like it. that's all that matters

• didnt next level deviate a bit with that change up

Yeah, but the point is they took a song that was already released (widely at that since it was featured on a huge blockbuster movie), bought it, and rereleased.

Even though they changed more with Next Level, it's still the same thing to me, and not something I'd do in either case as a huge ass company like SM. Even though, I do prefer AESPA's Next Level and Kai's Rover over the originals.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• ok that makes sense. couldn't they have adjusted the song more. This just straight up lyric change and call it a day. well that's just me. anyways its good he's fans like it. that's all that matters

That's what happens in ALL of kpop I'm not sure i understand 90% of kpop releases are buying demos and just changing the lyrics. They are not made for the artists just selected by their A&R team with minor changes and Korean lyrics.

The issue here the artists released a video for it I guess? But that doesn't change anything at all in terms of buying the song and changing the lyrics that's already happening to everyone.

• Yeah, but the point is they took a song that was already released (widely at that since it was featured on a huge blockbuster movie), bought it, and rereleased.

Even though they changed more with Next Level, it's still the same thing to me, and not something I'd do in either case as a huge ass company like SM. Even though, I do prefer AESPA's Next Level and Kai's Rover over the originals.

I think you're just confused about what is happening. And your issue seems to be in thinking an unreleased demo is better than a released demo. That's not on Kai or SM. This is no different than countless demos already being bought by every single agency.

Kai is not doing ANYTHING different than any one else in terms of copyright. Vast majority of kpop songs are buying demos and just adding lyrics.

Basically demos just come to the SM A&R team for review Kai selected the one he liked and it just happened to be a song that had a small release and exposure. For other five songs he selected unreleased demos. That's how that works. There is no difference in both in terms of SM buying the copyright so not sure what "big ass company" means here.

• I think you're just confused about what is happening. And your issue seems to be in thinking an unreleased demo is better than a released demo. That's not on Kai or SM. This is no different than countless demos already being bought by every single agency.

Kai is not doing ANYTHING different than any one else in terms of copyright. Vast majority of kpop songs are buying demos and just adding lyrics.

This is not a demo. A released track is not a demo. I think you're the one who's confused. The artist made an MV, and released the song on all major platforms such as Spotify, YouTube Music, Pandora, and Apple Music. That's not a demo, lmfao.

Most companies don't rerelease songs. And as a songwriter, if you go to a company with a song that's already been released, they will not touch it. Unless they are doing a cover. That's why it's weird that SM keeps getting songs that have already been released and rereleasing it. It's not industry standard. It's not wrong per se. Just weird.

Especially since the songs they are rereleasing were released not too long before SM rereleases them. Like, SM is a big ass company that probably gets thousands of demos a year from the biggest names and creatives in the industry, why rerelease the song? It's weird as someone who knows a little about how the industry works.

• This is not a demo. A released track is not a demo. I think you're the one who's confused. The artist made an MV, and released the song on all major platforms such as Spotify, YouTube Music, Pandora, and Apple Music. That's not a demo, lmfao.

Most companies don't rerelease songs. And as a songwriter, if you go to a company with a song that's already been released, they will not touch it. Unless they are doing a cover. That's why it's weird that SM keeps getting songs that have already been released and rereleasing it. It's not industry standard. It's not wrong per se. Just weird.

Especially since the songs they are rereleasing were released not too long after SM rereleases them. Like, SM is a big ass company that probably gets thousands of demos a year from the biggest names and creatives in the industry, why rerelease the song? It's weird as someone who knows a little about how the industry works.

No i'm saying it works the same way as a demo in terms of a copyright. Lol.

Why does it matter to you if it's been released before? I don't get it? Your favs or my favs anyway didn't participate in the music making. They identified a good song and bought it. Whether its a demo or released song that part doesn't change. You're buying a song just adding lyrics whether that's demo or released song.

If you're a fully self composed group maybe it'll be weird for you but if your favs are buying demos this is nothing different in terms of "EFFORT" You said "big ass company" so that's why i'm saying in terms of "EFFORT" and money spent remaking and demo are not any different.

This was Kai's choice this song and it also makes sense this song had like 100k views and no traction so ofc he bought it.

• Changmin-devil was also the same where they bought the song but I just don’t understand why people are freaking out over Kai 😭

It's so weird? Everyone been making remake songs and buying demos since the dawn of time. And kai literally has FIVE other songs in disco all original. And EXO is a group with ZERO remakes themselves. So it weird to even fixate on this for EXO of all. Lol.

• I didn't say it mattered to me. I said it was weird.

And I stated why. Most artists don't want to sing a song that someone else has released. It's an ego thing.

And like I said, most companies don't touch released music when choosing music for their artists. It does happen, but it's rare, so for SM to be doing it so frequently is weird because it's not industry standard as I stated, and I don't get why they keep doing it since they have so many assets at their disposal.

It does come off as odd to me and gives off a feeling of lacking originality, but I have nothing against Next Level or Rover like I stated in my 1st post. Like, I said, I even prefer the SM versions of both songs.

• It's so weird? Everyone been making remake songs and buying demos since the dawn of time. And kai literally has FIVE other songs in disco all original. And EXO is a group with ZERO remakes themselves. So it weird to even fixate on this for EXO of all. Lol.

Tvxq also did it too 😭 mirotic is also a song that was bought I believe.

But it is just making a huge deal out of nothing if they all agreed with it what is the issue 😭

b1c2b5066d639927be42c0ad19715673401a2c32.gif

Edited once, last by bcx12 ().

• Idk why people are acting like the original songs were huge successes in the first place. These songs haven’t been number 1 on the charts or viral anywhere. I’m pretty sure the majority of people find out about the originals through the remakes/covers (whatever you want to call it).

To this day people are still only just finding out that next level was a remake, so it can’t have been such a big song if barely anyone knew about it.

• I think you're just confused about what is happening. And your issue seems to be in thinking an unreleased demo is better than a released demo. That's not on Kai or SM. This is no different than countless demos already being bought by every single agency.

Basically demos just come to the SM A&R team for review Kai selected the one he liked and it just happened to be a song that had a small release and exposure. For other five songs he selected unreleased demos. That's how that works. There is no difference in both in terms of SM buying the copyright so not sure what "big ass company" means here.

A remake is not a demo lmao

BLACKPINKJESSICALE SSERAFIMNEWJEANSTHE ROSESEJEONGTWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Kai himself chose this song so it’s not an ego thing. So it just seems to be your own reservation.

You comment on lack of originality is what makes no sense. For me personally. Because a demo doesn’t make your group original either. But that’s where we see differently.

For me if Kai wrote his own songs that’s the only thing that makes a difference. Rather than SM for me I just find people who are alright with demos and not remake are the weird ones rather than the artist lol.

• Tvxq also did it too 😭 mirotic is also a song that was bought I believe.

But u know it’s just making a huge deal out of nothing if they all agreed with it I don’t understand the issue 😭

It moral superiority someone said artist ego with their whole chest lol.

As if kpop is a genre known of self production for the majority. It’s just overreaction because they hate Kai and SM for most of these ppl. And for others it’s just a misplaced sense of what’s more “original”

Besties buying a song was never original demo or remake sit down everyone.

• Kai himself chose this song so it’s not an ego thing. So it just seems to be your own reservation.

You comment on lack of originality is what makes no sense. For me personally. Because a demo doesn’t make your group original either. But that’s where we see differently.

For me if Kai wrote his own songs that’s the only thing that makes a difference. Rather than SM for me I just find people who are alright with demos and not remake are the weird ones rather than the artist lol.

I don't think it's just my own personal reservation. There's a reason why rereleasing already released songs is rare (unless it's a cover of course). At least in the Western music scene.

I do agree that the lack of originality is my own personal opinion/preception though, which I think is the reason why companies avoid doing it. Since people like me look at it and may see it that way.

I think the reason why demos and remakes are different also has to do with the public perception from some people. The same reason why artists build certain images and brands. You want the public to view you a certain way, and many artists want to completely "own a song" as in when you think of that song, you only think of them. Hard to do that when you rerelease a song that was already released widely 7 months before.

And, I recognize this is just my own opinion. Like I said, this literally does not matter. I like both songs I mentioned, but I find SM and Kai's motivation to do certain things weird.

Just an opinion and has no basis anywhere else but there.

• It moral superiority someone said artist ego with their whole chest lol.

As if kpop is a genre known of self production for the majority. It’s just overreaction because they hate Kai and SM for most of these ppl. And for others it’s just a misplaced sense of what’s more “original”

Besties buying a song was never original demo or remake sit down everyone.

Lmfao, the fact my opinion seems to anger you so.

• External Content twitter.com

certain people are in the poor girls dm’s shouting about her song being ‘stolen’

:pepe-clown-gear:

• You wrong though. It’s not rare at all. In fact it’s very common in western music scene lol what?

In the west it’s not just common often times it’s the remake that will be a chart topper.

I was thinking you were saying in terms of kpop at least. For west absolutely this would be zero cause of concern.

Are you gonna say queen Whitney Huston was “weird” for remaking I will always love you? Literally one of the biggest songs in the word of all times :angryr:

certain people are in the poor girls dm’s shouting about her song being ‘stolen’

Sis had 100k views and no traction now she has a fat check and clout as well. People are just damn weird.

• Whiteney Houston released that song like 30 years after Dolly Parton. Not 7 months aftewards.

This was also the 70s and the 90s, which makes it a totally different thing to know where you can literally find similar songs by just Googling it or Shazaming.

You’re not special I’m sorry. I’m only angered at the collective hive which includes opinions like yours which have been flooding Kai’s searches. Which are being random and nit picky over nothing.

You're really coming off rude af. Like, I thought we were having a simple discussion, but instead you've chosen to be particularly nasty.

Disengaging now.

• Literally Beggin was a mega hit and is recent af. You must not be following western msuic at if you think remakes are rare lol.

Now we’ve gone from remake to time to remake to effort.

You’ve already demonstrated that you had nothing to back what you were saying

Definitely I don’t want to engage more in this conversation with you that’s for sure. You shared an opinion I’m allowed to think of it as hive mentality and poor if I so please.

• TLDR.

• “Artist should have ego while releasing remake”

Might be the stupidest take I’ve seen YET on this conversation. Kai is happy he chose it himself. Not SM not anyone else. He himself chose it. Dara is happy. The fans are happy. Dumping your own reservations calling it weird and pretending it’s some opinion worth having 👩‍🦯👩‍🦯👩‍🦯

Kpop stans/ stan twt are straight up embarrassing and can’t act normal 😭

• This thread contains 55 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!