ITZY's Cheshire is the 1st JYPE artist to enter Billboard Japan🇯🇵 Top Album Sales with Korean album

• ITZY will also release a Japanese album in Autumn.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• SafariDebut

Changed the title of the thread from “ITZY is the 1st JYPE artist to enter Billboard Japan🇯🇵 Top Album Sales” to “ITZY's Cheshire is the 1st JYPE artist to enter Billboard Japan🇯🇵 Top Album Sales as Korean album”.
  • SafariDebut

Changed the title of the thread from “ITZY's Cheshire is the 1st JYPE artist to enter Billboard Japan🇯🇵 Top Album Sales as Korean album” to “ITZY's Cheshire is the 1st JYPE artist to enter Billboard Japan🇯🇵 Top Album Sales with Korean album”.
  • Very interesting.

I hope It means JYPE's korean albums will be distributed under a Japanese company instead of being imported albums. Let's see with TWICE next.

:pepe-pray:

I am not sure how it works. Will see but JYPE artists such SKZ and ITZY are rising steadily in Japan market. Twice and Niziu are already doing superb in Japan.

• I am not sure how it works. Will see but JYPE artists such SKZ and ITZY are rising steadily in Japan market. Twice and Niziu are already doing superb in Japan.

When korean albums are distributed by a japanese distributor, It means Its easier for japanese fans to access these albums, cause they receive japanese release's treatment and said albums sell more. These korean albums are able to chart on certain domestic charts imported albums can't and can receive RIAJ certifications.

That's why It was surprise ITZY appeared on this chart. They couldn't If all the distribution was imported. It means at least some of their sales comes from a japanese distributor. And Its good news, cause JYPE albums were all imported since.

• Very interesting.

I hope It means JYPE's korean albums will be distributed under a Japanese company instead of being imported albums. Let's see with TWICE next.

:pepe-pray:

I doubt that's the case as Itzy and TWICE are under Warner Music Japan and Itzy's very low sales of Albums in Japan makes it surprising that they charted.

DreamUs distributes all JYPE Artists, while The Orchard (Republic Records) are supposed to be distribute for the rest of the World.

So perhaps you need to register?

Anyway, I saw Stray Kids topping the chart with 450k+ Album Sales, clicked on the "purchase" and their albums sell for USD$48+ which is actually more than a TWICE Concert ticket for their Tokyo Dome not so long ago..... lols

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!