Time for KPOP to drop US market?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Visa is like 100 bucks? So it will be 250 now???

Yeah sure

No more millions of concert profits bc 250 bucks??????

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Meanwhile, Hybe is over in the corner spending how much to enter a family food fight feud...

If they wanted a good old fashion family feud, I could invited them over for Eid with all my aunts.

Lee family got nothing over my aunts

External Content www.youtube.com

• Visa is like 100 bucks? So it will be 250 now???

Yeah sure

No more millions of concert profits bc 250 bucks??????

I was just looking into it and it will go from $460 to $1615 or $1655 depending on the Visa Type. There is also a $600 charge on top of it.

It will have an impact for performing at KCON for Idols from smaller companies that are unlikely going to earn enough money to make it worthwhile. Especially when you factor in Plane Tickets, Food, Transport and Accomodation which the extra $1200 per person would easily have covered.

• I was just looking into it and it will go from $460 to $1615 or $1655 depending on the Visa Type. There is also a $600 charge on top of it.

It will have an impact for performing at KCON for Idols from smaller companies that are unlikely going to earn enough money to make it worthwhile. Especially when you factor in Plane Tickets, Food, Transport and Accomodation which the extra $1200 per person would easily have covered.

That’s an issue with Kcon if they aren’t gonna share any profits at all with their participating artists not the problem of the US government. Because kcon is making a shit tonne of money. In the MILLIONS. Those ticket prices are crazy.

• That’s an issue with Kcon if they aren’t gonna share any profits at all with their participating artists not the problem of the US government. Because kcon is making a shit tonne of money. In the MILLIONS. Those ticket prices are crazy.

Even before they get to KCON America, it's the company that has to pay for the Visa's not the Companies that run KCON America.

Whether any costs are embursed or not I'm not sure of but KCON will have to offer more Appearance Money and I doubt they are going to pay enough for Idols from small companies. In the event that they do, those Idols will be billed as their Companies know that they can do that.

A real case was with Crayon Pop opening for Lady Gaga where their Company billed the group because they weren't paid enough

• Even before they get to KCON America, it's the company that has to pay for the Visa's not the Companies that run KCON America.

Whether any costs are embursed or not I'm not sure of but KCON will have to offer more Appearance Money and I doubt they are going to pay enough for Idols from small companies. In the event that they do, those Idols will be billed as their Companies know that they can do that.

A real case was with Crayon Pop opening for Lady Gaga where their Company billed the group because they weren't paid enough

I don’t think you realize how companies operate 😭 everything costs money that’s offset by profits that’s how companies work. This isn’t a gotcha.

And yes if kcon can’t pay their idols enough that they can offset at little as $1000 then kcon should not bring those artists nor be allowed in the US. Because it was not worth it even before that.

Your concern is misplaced. Worry about the nurses and researchers and others who have to pay this much for visa. Not literal entertainment companies making millions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!