Harvester (1996)

• Does anyone know this game because I watched a playthrough of it on the retsupurae channel, then I looked it up on Wikipedia and it said it was actually famous at the time for being gratuitously violent and inspired by the developers' opinions on the discourse about violence in video games and what not. But is it really famous? I don't know

• It's a very interesting game, the game itself is a big mockery of society, in fact, it mocks violence in video games, a meta-irony before it became mainstream

I guess it's interesting in theory but I wouldn't have thought it was meta or a commentary before looking it up on Wikipedia and seeing the developers' statements on it. The ending where they reveal it was all a simulation/artificial reality is pretty short and sudden, and sort of leaves you to think on your own. I don't really like those kinds of stories that leave you with questions instead of answers. I guess they knew what they were doing though and only expected a fraction of people to "get" it.

• I just finished playing Harvester for the first time and it certainly captured an excellent mood I haven't experienced in other horror games. The unease about everything and the strange dialogue has left me wanting something similar.

Are there other games you all know of with a similar feel? Thanks in advance, please check out the game if you haven't and enjoy point and click and graphic content

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!