The repercussions of SM’s demise; NCT Dream lost the SM vocals touch

• External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lt64IYu.gif

• is this a joke thread im confused

lol yup

It’s dubbed not the original lol

Original

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lt64IYu.gif

• yeah of course NCT dream would never be able to give such a bad vocal performance

i guess it was a joke on the fact that if SM become a subsidiary of Hybe they'll receive the same vocal training than HYBE artist, and HYBE artist are know to be weak vocalist

Nah Hybe has my LSFM. They’re good.

But yeah… SM losing their vocal coaches and vocal priorities would be a big loss if it happens.

lt64IYu.gif

• I feel bad :pepe-sad: the sound isn’t a dub but from a survival show

EXO as well I am afraid….they really degraded with age smh if only they still took vocal lessons

External Content www.tiktok.com

I can’t breathe noooo

lt64IYu.gif

• It’s getting old, SM stans degrading idols vocals. You guys need to find other copium please.

And boys planet can’t sing a lot of idols songs. Not just SM songs lol. I’m starting to think it’s on purpose for clicks. Because why are they so bad?! ;(

The way they are so obsessed with shading Hybe idols' vocals to find out it was about Boys Planet :clown:

Hybe artists be living in these people's mind 24/7 rent free :pepe-toast:

• It’s getting old, SM stans degrading idols vocals. You guys need to find other copium please.

And boys planet can’t sing a lot of idols songs. Not just SM songs lol. I’m starting to think it’s on purpose for clicks. Because why are they so bad?! ;(

The way they are so obsessed with shading Hybe idols' vocals to find out it was about Boys Planet :clown:

Hybe artists be living in these people's mind 24/7 rent free :pepe-toast:

I thought it was a dub a funny parody then I realized it’s a survival show. Didn’t think it had anything to do with Hybe nor I brought them up but you’re the one inserting it here. Idk who’s obsessed here.

SM stans feel superior about their idols' 'perfect pitch'. :pepestare:

What does perfect pitch even has to do with good vocalists? lol

—-

How did this thread turn into hybe shade? I didn’t mention hybe or think of it when I made the thread. And obviously SM as a company deserves credit for prioritizing vocals for every group they had since 1st gen. It would be sad if they don’t prioritize it any more and start debuting all dance or all rap groups instead after losing the company. You know I can praise SM vocals without meaning to shade other idols right? I know there are many great vocalists outside of SM but as I said SM always stressed on having above average vocalist in every group and if they are not SM anymore they might stop that.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Yumeku ().

• I thought it was a dub a funny parody then I realized it’s a survival show. Didn’t think it had anything to do with Hybe nor I brought them up but you’re the one inserting it here. Idk who’s obsessed here.

What does perfect pitch even has to do with good vocalists? lol

—-

How did this thread turn into hybe shade? I didn’t mention hybe or think of it when I made the thread. And obviously SM as a company deserves credit for prioritizing vocals for every group they had since 1st gen. It would be sad if they don’t prioritize it any more and start debuting all dance or all rap groups instead after losing the company. You know I can praise SM vocals without meaning to shade other idols right? I know there are many great vocalists outside of SM but as I said SM always stressed on having above average vocalist in every group and if they are not SM anymore they might stop that.

I wasn't talking about you OP. We all know who I was referring too if you know how to read. And I wasn't the one inserting Hybe idols in this thread in the first place.

• Do people think SM artists will lose their vocal abilities overnight or something? Vocal training and practice can only do so much, you can't become Mariah Carey with just a few vocal lessons. If SM stans are so worried about their faves becoming mediocre vocalists if they become part of Hybe, chances are they've always been mediocre. Also, SM artists lip-sync the hell out of all of their performances, where do all of those great skills go? singing in the shower?

• How did this thread turn into hybe shade? I didn’t mention hybe or think of it when I made the thread. And obviously SM as a company deserves credit for prioritizing vocals for every group they had since 1st gen. It would be sad if they don’t prioritize it any more and start debuting all dance or all rap groups instead after losing the company. You know I can praise SM vocals without meaning to shade other idols right? I know there are many great vocalists outside of SM but as I said SM always stressed on having above average vocalist in every group and if they are not SM anymore they might stop that.

Let's break this down, shall we?

Besides others pointing out that SooYoung point blank mentioned Hybe, one has to wonder why you would lament this "loss" in the face of SM's "demise", which you have explained means they are not "SM" anymore. So to show this, you post a video of NCT dubbed over with a bunch of amateurs singing badly. One can infer from this that you think SM will change for the worse vocally if taken over after "losing the company".

This begs several questions:

Why do you think other companies don't prioritize vocals for their groups? What would lead you to believe that? Are there examples you can show of other companies not prioritizing vocals? If there are, how is that not shade to other idols?

For sure you can praise SM's vocal. That's not what this was, however. This was saying you think SM being taken over will lead to them becoming vocally inferior with a video of NCT dubbed over with a bunch of amateurs singing badly. If you wanted to laud SM idols and their vocals, all you had to do was praise them. But that's not all you did.

• BTW, if you can explain your intention better, by all means, I'd love to hear the angle I didn't see.

This is how everyone else on this thread singled out Hybe as the target despite your protest that you meant no specific company:

It's clear there is fear that SM being taken over means they will no longer prioritize vocals. Posts were not being made on the demise of vocal priority when Kakao got issued shares to buy. Perhaps because it wasn't a majority? I guess no one was afraid SM was going to get taken over then. So who is taking over SM now? Oh, it's Hybe.

• lol yup

It’s dubbed not the original lol

Original

External Content youtu.be

of course, we know SM would never let them sing live

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• BTW, if you can explain your intention better, by all means, I'd love to hear the angle I didn't see.

This is how everyone else on this thread singled out Hybe as the target despite your protest that you meant no specific company:

It's clear there is fear that SM being taken over means they will no longer prioritize vocals. Posts were not being made on the demise of vocal priority when Kakao got issued shares to buy. Perhaps because it wasn't a majority? I guess no one was afraid SM was going to get taken over then. So who is taking over SM now? Oh, it's Hybe.

Oh my God this doesn't deserve all of these break downs. If I wanted to shade hybe (or those poor contestants) I would have. I am not some celebrity that fears for their image. If I say I am not shading then I am not. You don’t have to go to the lengths of breaking down everything I said just to insinuate if I was shading.

If you don’t know, SM is literally breaking down. Whether it's Hybe or Kakao or any other reason it's likely that SM will stop being SM. And they're known for their vocals’ standards. Which means if they change that then they become like any other that debut hits or misses in vocalists not make it a requirement to have above average vocals in every group. This comment^ is serious but the video is an exaggeration. It’s a joke it doesn’t even make sense since Dream already debuted.

I am sorry you felt offended for Hybe because of that.

Posts were not being made on the demise of vocal priority when Kakao got issued shares to buy.

cuz I didn’t see the video on my feed before and this thread isn’t about the company as much as it is a joke.

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!