Why Kpop companies only look for Asian people for their groups. Why not other races. Why the discrimination?

• probably more of a skill and talent issue than a racial one. i don't think the east believes in tokenism or diversity hiring or checkbox ticking as much as the west does. they seem to mostly just care about if the person is capable for the job

• Lol. Now the asians idols have more talent? Yeah, right.

i just said it wasn't about race and more about the individual. if an american or something went to an audition and was leagues ahead of the competition then i don't think there would be an issue. plus you also have to think about how many foreigners try to get in to a trainee program compared to their asian counterparts. i can't imagine that the overwhelming majority of hopefuls are made up of people outside asia

• do they have to?

do other countries aside from Japan allow Korean people in their entertainment industry?

You are asking them to share when no one else is giving them opportunity

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well. They are already sharing, accepting idols from other countries. So, why not idols from other races?

Because they do not have to. Japanese idols, Taiwanese idols, Vietnamese idols, Chinese idols, etc. all face heavy discrimination in Korea already. Imagine how bad that'd be for a non Asian. Plus there's no demand for it. It'd just be a waste of investment. If they (the consumers) wanted non Asian artists, they'd look to literally any artist outside of Asia.

• Because they do not have to. Japanese idols, Taiwanese idols, Vietnamese idols, Chinese idols, etc. all face heavy discrimination in Korea already. Imagine how bad that'd be for a non Asian. Plus there's no demand for it. It'd just be a waste of investment. If they (the consumers) wanted non Asian artists, they'd look to literally any artist outside of Asia.

Oh. So is because Koreans are racists and also there is no demand for idols from other races. Mmmm, interesting

• K-pop is about Asian visuals for kboos to fetishize these days. They wrote some of the sentences in their songs with straining live singing voices and they want them to win Grammys

• What is the reason why there is barely idols from other races, and what have to do with the word Kpop?

Omg get this bullshit out of here. Kpop does have non Asian artists and its not due to discrimination. The vast majority of idols come primarily from ease of availability. Most idols are Asian because NEWSFLASH!!! IDIOT we live in fuckin Asia where 99.99% of our nations are singular homogeneous societies meaning most people can go there entire lives without ever encountering a non Asian person irl. This is like saying why aren't there many non Spanish artists in Mexico playing latin music 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 duh because the people it caters too happen to be primarily that ethnicity and culture and reigon of the world. Same here with kpop most people who are interested in it are Asians. Most non asians are not interested in kpop or find the language barrier on top of the cultural barriers to be too big of an obstacle to try and join an industry that's not only cut throat, but also a very demanding job.

Most east Asian countries and cultures have quite a few similarities which is why it's easier to get them to get along together. Same if you were to put Americans with the uk and other areas of Europe.

The very few non Asian kpop artists out there do exist go stan them.

• Omg get this bullshit out of here. Kpop does have non Asian artists and its not due to discrimination. The vast majority of idols come primarily from ease of availability. Most idols are Asian because NEWSFLASH!!! IDIOT we live in fuckin Asia where 99.99% of our nations are singular homogeneous societies meaning most people can go there entire lives without ever encountering a non Asian person irl. This is like saying why aren't there many non Spanish artists in Mexico playing latin music 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 duh because the people it caters too happen to be primarily that ethnicity and culture and reigon of the world. Same here with kpop most people who are interested in it are Asians. Most non asians are not interested in kpop or find the language barrier on top of the cultural barriers to be too big of an obstacle to try and join an industry that's not only cut throat, but also a very demanding job.

Most east Asian countries and cultures have quite a few similarities which is why it's easier to get them to get along together. Same if you were to put Americans with the uk and other areas of Europe.

The very few non Asian kpop artists out there do exist go stan them.

First, i dont insult you. You can make your point without being nasty.
    Leaving that aside, ok, asians everywhere, got it. But i think there is still discrimination, if not then why there is not more idols with dark skin color?

• maybe to avoid travel issues /nationality problems as getting a tourist or work pass or smth

personally i have no prob altho i would like to see someone like me in kpop

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• I don't get why a citizen of a western country would want to relocate to Asia when there is much more money to be made in the west

The whole reason k-pop companies are trying their luck in the west is so they can make dollars

As an asian, it doesn't make sense to me tbh

• Why is it weird? It’s common sense. Korea most closely interacts with China and Japan. People from these countries immigrate and travel most frequently between the countries/ethnicities.

Why will kpop randomly have other nationalities lol.

• First, i dont insult you. You can make your point without being nasty.
    Leave that aside, ok, asians everywhere, got it. But i think there is still discrimination, if not then why there is not more idols with dark skin color?

The vast majority of people with darker skin like black people usually aren't interested in Asian culture and kpop there's a reason white etc people visit here than others and its not racism. Same with friends when Iived in California and went to college there despite being around multiple races the people that approached me were either white or other Asians.

Now as for kpop we know the industry is very brutal when it comes to evaluation's debut and the ridiculously hard work. You keep missing out on the fact in auditions out of hundreds of people maybe a dozen will pass and be a trainee. Now factor in culture and language barriers on top of this and tell me you'd still have millions of non asians joining? The main reason so many Asians join is ease of availability meaning most auditions etc happen to be where most asian people are and even when hosted abroad yes there's plenty of auditions done in the USA Canada etc by sm yg jyp fnce cube woollim and hybe YET the minority of the people joining these are non asians.why? Because the simple fact is the majority of the population of that country and demographic has very little interest in this. Same with the whole why isn't there more non Latino people doing Spanish music in Mexico same reason despite everyone given equal opportunity, the vast majority of non Spanish speakers have no interest in being artists even if they like the music. Same with most kpop fans including international fans most have no desire to be an idol. Most people who audition wash out almost immediately and you expect the 0.1% of that pool who are forgieners to somehow win it? It's a pure numbers game if 99% of the people get dropped what makes you think that less than one percent of that 99% is making it?

• If you aren’t Asian why will you move to Korea when you can move to the US and make more money

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

And you are also more likely to know and learn English than Korean. Korea is a tiny country that will never be able to host a huge immigrant community so the diversity they have in their entertainment industry is not about representation.

• I don't get why a citizen of a western country would want to relocate to Asia when there is much more money to be made in the west

The whole reason k-pop companies are trying their luck in the west is so they can make dollars

As an asian, it doesn't make sense to me tbh

Exactly but woke people expect shit to work without logic sooo because it has been said we must now hire a random token race to put in every group from now on or we racist 🤡. Despite the fact simple logic explains why most of these people don't join koop and none of it has anything to do with discrimination of any kind

• Exactly but woke people expect shit to work without logic sooo because it has been said we must now hire a random token race to put in every group from now on or we racist 🤡. Despite the fact simple logic explains why most of these people don't join koop and none of it has anything to do with discrimination of any kind

I wouldn’t say discrimination “of any kind” let’s not trivialize it lol. It’s not the main reason why ppl aren’t promoting in Korea but Asia is 100% hella racist. It’s just not the main reason why ppl don’t wanna do kpop.

There are many dark skinned Koreans and mixed race people who do know Korean and who do want to promote/live in Korea that don’t get opportunities.

• Sooner or later western companies are going to do boy bands Girl groups again trust me with high budget MVs and they will all forget about K-pop thankfully Asians can be free from these

• I wouldn’t say discrimination “of any kind” let’s not trivialize it lol. It’s not the main reason why ppl aren’t promoting in Korea but Asia is 100% hella racist. It’s just not the main reason why ppl don’t wanna do kpop.

There are many dark skinned Koreans and mixed race people who do know Korean and who do want to promote/live in Korea that don’t get opportunities.

Yes our countries are very racist lol like anywhere else on earth. But yes the main point is that is often NOT the reason people don't get into the industry regardless of race skin color oi age. Put it like this there's 10 people looking for this one job but everyone knows that out of 10 only one will make it. You are number 11 and then you factor in now that one person that got it now has to fight hard to debut then get out of nugudem and succeed plus the language and cultural barriers. So why would you even want to try and join?

• How many locals do you know would:

Be fine rooming 4 trainees deep in a 90 square foot room for years at a time (over here, parents would be suing the eff out of the labels for child endangerment)?

Be fine slaving away for 16 hours per day as literal 14 year olds, with zero contact with parents, no cellphones, and with one day off every two weeks?

Be fine being yelled at by mentors and instructors day in and day out without complaining?

Be fine starving yourself to reach some crazy weight goal while dancing for hours every day?

Have every single part of yourself subject to criticism and assessment, being policed for every expression on your face, every syllable you utter?

Be fine with plastic surgery on every part of your face and body?

And do all this while never complaining, never raising your voice in anger, always showing respect to your elders, and being subject even to physical discipline if you step out of line?

I dont think locals have any clue what it takes to be a Kpop idol. 99.99 percent of us would quit in a week, me included.

Koreans could never fathom the lengths we go to in the US to coddle our kids, young adults, and our employees. I for one am eternally grateful for never having to go through what all of my cousins, nephews, nieces, uncles and aunts have had to go through. Growing up in the US, even as a minority, is effing heaven in comparison. =O

• Sooner or later western companies are going to do boy bands Girl groups again trust me with high budget MVs and they will all forget about K-pop thankfully Asians can be free from these

Please America bring back one direction back street boys nysc eta so weird woke people won't cry about inclusion in something nobody wanted to join to begin with

• Aye c'mon you killed em with facts, you can't fo that 🤡🤡 most people like this work on emotions not logic that woke stuff never thinks about reality and logic of why people don't do what they think they should do

• I don't get it - this presupposes that there are a ton of idols of non-Asian ethnicity trying to get into KPOP yet they cannot because of their race. THAT would be racism - if it were actually happening. But is it? Cause I don't see a bunch of white, black, blue whatever people clamoring to get into KPOP. Thereare a handful from what I can see and they DO actually get in.

I'm thinking Black Swan:

WATCH: BLACKSWAN Says

Lana:

LANA, Take The Wheel [THE SHOW 190709] - YouTube

• This is stretching really hard but

Kids raised in a collectivist society often do better in teams than those raised in an individualist society.

(also considering the racket that non asian looking idols receive for not looking korean or asian enough is prolly another reason why)

(-- its not just asians too some members of other ethnicities look to kpop specifically *because* they look asian and since they are fans they feel the need to express their disapproval)

• Kpop stands for Korean pop: Pop music from Korea, drawing from Korean society, which is very homogenous (vast majority are ethnic Korean)

So it's fine that the domestic music that they produce reflects the make-up of its people. Having people of different nationalities is nice to see regardless

This is in contrast to the very heterogenous societies in the US, UK, France, etc. Representation there of only one race of people misrepresents that actual society.

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!